Latbear4blk

Against USA state terrorism

• Members

It lets police off easy to say it's only the racists. As in many countries, there's also a huge problem of general police brutality that's rarely mentioned. 

However, the general feeling of US police, military and the right is one of white supremacy and they have all the guns and "muscle".  They could take over in a coup whenever they wanted. 

• Members

Saying it's only a problem if the victim is black creates resentment among non-blacks who are also subject to police brutality making it worse. Only 25% of police shootings are black (granted,twice their population %) . Police brutality is a huge problem but making it only a problem if a black is the victim backfires with the other 90%. Sure way to lose.  (btw...the victim and the cop worked together for a long time). 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/08/06/an-unarmed-white-teen-was-shot-dead-by-police-his-family-asks-where-is-the-outrage/

Edited by tassojunior

• Members
59 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

Saying it's only a problem if the victim is black creates resentment among non-blacks who are also subject to police brutality making it worse. Only 25% of police shootings are black (granted,twice their population %) . Police brutality is a huge problem but making it only a problem if a black is the victim backfires with the other 90%. Sure way to lose.  (btw...the victim and the cop worked together for a long time). 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/08/06/an-unarmed-white-teen-was-shot-dead-by-police-his-family-asks-where-is-the-outrage/

If you think the only concern is police brutality, you are part of the problem.

• Members
1 hour ago, tassojunior said:

https://reut.rs/3ci8A6i

There are many brutal killings by police but only a few make the news. It is not as rare as the media pretends.

I am not denouncing Whites, I am not denouncing only police brutality. I am denouncing White privilege. The recent incident in Minneapolis and the countless examples of outrageous abuse (even you recognize the disproportionate number of Blacks shot by the police) are just the tip of the iceberg. 

Your defensiveness is not speaking highly of you. 

• Members
38 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

I am not denouncing Whites, I am not denouncing only police brutality. I am denouncing White privilege. The recent incident in Minneapolis and the countless examples of outrageous abuse (even you recognize the disproportionate number of Blacks shot by the police) are just the tip of the iceberg. 

The rage coursing through the streets of Minneapolis and other cities is born from hundreds of years of oppression, exploitation and violence boiling over. When we see this violence, but we must be clear-eyed about where core responsibility lies. 

Millions have seen clear video of a police officer kneeling on George Floyd’s neck while others stood calmly by. When peaceful protestors took to the streets, state actions escalated the situation rather than calming it by responding with violence: assaulting, gassing and arresting protestors. Police even arrested a CNN news crew during a live broadcast, further undermining our first amendment rights.

The state escalated the situation rather than calming it.

• Members
15 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

3/4 of those shot and killed  by police are white and telling whites it's only a black vs. white thing  guarantees the majority whites win. And it creates racist heros like George Zimmerman who was acquitted by a jury and got rich. He even sold the gun he shot Trayon Martin with for $100,000. 

The truth is usually the only police killings we hear about are the ones where there's a camera recording it. In fact in 2019 there were over 1000 fatal US police shootings. The national press told us about 2 or 3 famous ones leaving the impression it's a rare occurrence. A lie. The truth is it's a horribly common problem in the US.  

• Members
24 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

3/4 of those shot and killed  by police are white and telling whites it's only a black vs. white thing  guarantees the majority whites win. And it creates racist heros like George Zimmerman who was acquitted by a jury and got rich. He even sold the gun he shot Trayon Martin with for $100,000. 

The truth is usually the only police killings we hear about are the ones where there's a camera recording it. In fact in 2019 there were over 1000 fatal US police shootings. The national press told us about 2 or 3 famous ones leaving the impression it's a rare occurrence. A lie. The truth is it's a horribly common problem in the US.  

White people can compartmentalize police brutality. Black people don’t have the luxury.

• Members

Not sure what compartmenalized means here but telling non-blacks  it's just a rare  black thing is a terrible message.

Rarely are police ever convicted for brutality by judges or juries but they have an immunity to civil suits for brutality. Very good piece:

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-police-immunity-scotus/

• Members

by the way....

if you want to see white racism raise its ugly ugly face it does so on that other site.... already there is a white hyena raising doubts about the cause of death here.... a pre-existing condition give me a fucking break

let the white devil's words speak for itself:

I’ve watched the video, and honestly it doesn’t look like a strangulation death.
That plus reports that he was complaining of difficulty breathing even before
he was on the ground, makes me think that this will more likely play out as a
case of ”agitated delirium”.

and people wonder why windows get broken!

Edited by SexyAsianStud
included missing quote

• Members

Trump did not create racism, but he has used it and exploited it for his political benefit. He has ignored it, belittled its consequences, and courted the support of racists. He has made plain his contempt for his predecessor, our nation’s first black president. When Obama was elected president, many commentators declared that America was finally a post-racial society. With a man of African descent in the presidency, with a racially integrated Cabinet, with a black man leading the Justice Department, the stain of racism would at last be abolished.

The commentators were wrong. Racism is thriving. It will destroy our nation until we assure equal justice to every citizen, until we guarantee that everyone has the same rights and privileges, until we provide every man, woman, and child with decent health care, housing, education, and a decent standard of living.

We can’t eliminate racism entirely, but we can remove its adherents from the seats of power, we can stigmatize it. We can choose leaders who fight for freedom, justice, and a decent standard of living for all people. Unless we do so, our tattered democracy will not survive. We can’t let that happen. We must be willing and able to pursue genuine change, a social democracy in which every one of us is protected equally by the law and has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.