Lucky

NFL Hypocrisy

• Members
9 hours ago, tassojunior said:

I would say that short-term three immediate goals are:

1. Passage of Justin Amash's bill to revoke the immunity from lawsuit for police acting improperly;

2. Defunding of police departments to force them to get rid of purely military equipment they have been purchasing to confront crowds of citizens;

3. A strong requirement that body cams and auto cams be on when any citizen is engaged and that badge numbers not be covered.

Two blacks were murdered in Louisville by police in the last week. In the first the police broke Louisville law by not having their bodycams on during the killing of the woman and they promised they would abide by the law in the future. A few days  later they murdered another black without bodycams and the police chief was fired in 20 minutes.

Police traditionally "drape-in-mourning" every day their badges with black tape covering their badge numbers so complaints cannot be lodged.    

Those are great goals. I guess we would also have different local goals, as not all legislation can be federally enforced and the local realities are different. But the point I am trying to make is that when you set a goal, you fight for it and you do not question the intentions of those who join you to attain your goal until you have actually attained it. Once you won the fight, then you can start checking your alliance and distinguish sincere from opportunist supporters. Doing it before victory is torpedoing your chances.