Badboy81

How is Bangkok these days?

Planning a trip to Bangkok in September and have been looking at the news on whats going on....

It looks like Bangkok has reopened up but not to international travelers yet

Anybody know how business is back to usual with the night markets, malls, etc.

Thanks for any updates

Good luck getting in. Most flights are not happening at all until Aug 31st (extended from July 31). There is a required 14 day quarantine that is guarded and you are not allowed out of the hotel or room and you have to pay for that. You can't even get a ticket until you test negative of Covid 72 hours before flight and have special paperwork. That is all through Aug. Not sure what will happen in September. I'd make sure not to get any air ticket that is 100% refundable.

Malls are normal. Night markets are not happening yet.

Gogo's are about 1/2 open with little to now customers.

Check out some of the new threads on http://gayguides.com

As of now there still arent any scheduled commercial international flights. I left Bangkok April 1st as everything was closing down.   I’d love to get back as soon as possible, but can’t find any info that lets me believe it will be before the first of the year. I was talking to the lady I rent My condo from over the weekend.   She told me not to plan anything before January 1 and having a US passport could make the delays longer unless the virus rate comes down in the US.       

• Members

What a few people are doing is spending a 14-day period in another country that is not on the "red list" and then going to one of these countries (if the airline will let you on). It's a lot of hassle and you need a good reason to do it. If you want to risk things getting easier, by all means get a refundable/free change ticket. Many airlines have them now.

AA announced free changes/cancellations on awards booked by 9/8 today: https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/airlines/aa/american-extends-window-book-american-aadvantage-awards-free-date-changes-cancellations/