seaeric

Muscle in Rio Saunas

• Members

I know this has been discussed in ways in the past, but during the current times, If you are going to a sauna in Rio and you are looking for top quality fitness model/muscle types, is there really any use in spending time anywhere other than 117?

This is a genuine question AND specific to personal taste. I completely appreciate interest in other types, this is just what I'm looking for and am asking for the crowd that does as well. Love to all. 

if you are on the upper level looks-wise, are you going to work at a sauna other than 117?

Should you bother with Meio Mundo or even 202 (not sure if there are any others currently operating)

• Members

Currently, 117 has the bigger and the better selection of muscle guys / bodybuilders / physique competitor types. However, 202 has a smaller selection of these, and some of those don’t go to 117 (I don’t know the reasons, even though I’ve asked). Many of the garotos at 117 you will not ever see at 202.

If this is exclusively your type, I would avoid Meio Mundo or Lions (if they’re still open). Those are muscle-free zones. 

• Members

From a reliable recent report, most of the guys circulate both 117 and 202 as each has different happening days. The lack of tourists means there can be no more than one hopping place on each day. From the report in November: Weekends shockingly dead at both places (could be a fluke), Monday at 202, Tuesday at 117, Wednesday at 202. There was plenty of muscle to select from, though I don't know how it compares to happier times.

Meio Mundo, I believe, has been extinct for a few years now.

• Members
On 2/21/2021 at 8:56 AM, davet said:

From a reliable recent report, most of the guys circulate both 117 and 202 as each has different happening days. The lack of tourists means there can be no more than one hopping place on each day. From the report in November: Weekends shockingly dead at both places (could be a fluke), Monday at 202, Tuesday at 117, Wednesday at 202. There was plenty of muscle to select from, though I don't know how it compares to happier times.

Meio Mundo, I believe, has been extinct for a few years now.

Meio Mundo still is going strong I was there in November. The places in Rio to go to still are Lions Club, Meio Mundo, Point 202, and 117. I spent the whole month of November there, but beware, due to COVID things change fast with opening and closing times. It was definitely the case that it was usually only busy at one club each day unless it was the weekend then all clubs were generally more busy.

• Members

I see from another thread that Meio Mundo was resurrected at a new location. I was there once, about 5-6 years ago, and thought there was a good range of guys, from a blondish, pinkish, twinkish guy to an excessively muscled guy who claimed to have been a Mr. Rio. Ah, another thing to long for in a return to Rio.

• Members
On 3/29/2021 at 1:30 PM, davet said:

Meio Mundo was resurrected at a new location. I was there once, about 5-6 years ago, and thought there was a good range of guys, from a blondish, pinkish, twinkish guy to an excessively muscled guy who claimed to have been a Mr. Rio.

During that time period, there were 3 former Mr. Rio winners who mostly worked at 117. You must’ve caught them at MM on a slow or closed 117 night.

(And some of us don’t think there is such a thing as “excessively muscled”, just that the others are “insufficiently muscled”!)

• Members
On 1/12/2021 at 11:02 AM, SolaceSoul said:

Currently, 117 has the bigger and the better selection of muscle guys / bodybuilders / physique competitor types. However, 202 has a smaller selection of these, and some of those don’t go to 117 (I don’t know the reasons, even though I’ve asked). Many of the garotos at 117 you will not ever see at 202.

If this is exclusively your type, I would avoid Meio Mundo or Lions (if they’re still open). Those are muscle-free zones. 

I was told by one musicale guy at 202 that the reason he doesn’t go to 117 is that too much competition. That is preferred to be in the top couple at point that middle of pack at ‘117 

• Members
On 4/5/2021 at 7:28 AM, camsi1975 said:

I was told by one musicale guy at 202 that the reason he doesn’t go to 117 is that too much competition. That is preferred to be in the top couple at point that middle of pack at ‘117 

Was this ‘musicale’ guy auditioning for Ídolo Brasileiro? If so, I hope nobody tips him off that he doesn’t have to blow all the judges in order to compete. ;>D