BiBottomBoy

Anyone Else Seriously Depressed By Covid And Its Effects?

Last March my business was making me between 4k and 8k profit a month.

As soon as Covid hit that dropped.  To the point where I'm making between 1k and 4k profit a month.

That's a huge hit and there is no indication when it's coming back.

I write ads for products people source from China (dick pills, weight loss pills, etc..)

And that supply chain is broken.

As soon as it comes back I'll be making good money again.  And I can understand why people don't want ads for products they can't source.

But it's impossible to know when it will come back.

And the stimulous checks from the government keep getting pushed back again and again.

The one good thing is that with all the bars and such closed I don't have much to spend money on.

But it's still depressing as fuck, you know?

I just don't want to feel like I'm the only one going through stuff like this.

Any similar stories?

totally understand Covid depression.  I was doing well until about 3 weeks ago & then hit the wall.  And, I was fully vaccinated end of January.  I think the reason is that there is no real end in sight and the goalposts keep getting moved.  Everyone thought getting vaccinated and things will be normal...now, it looks like variants are a real cause for concern and no “normal” any time soon.  I’m procrastinating, lethargic and have even lost interest in sex...which never happens.  But, not major clinical depression as I’ve been there a couple of times before. Some days are better/worse than others.  The things that seem to help are enough sleep, no self-medicating, trying to stay engaged w friends/family & physical exercise.  I’ve gained at least 10lbs since Covid started and that’s something I’ve never had to deal w before.  Trying to stay positive and grateful that my overall health is good at least things seem to be improving.  We are definitely in a better place than 12 months ago.

• Members

As life is fraught with thwarted best laid plans, my province has done an about face, deviated from the country, and decided to imminently vaccinate my age group in my city Montreal that has the highest COVID incidence rate, prioritizing by case and mortality prevalence rather than equalizing across regions and age hierarchy.

I have to give the decision-makers credit for having the balls to use common sense, since folks older than me in low-impact areas are naturally all up in arms about it. The country mice forget that city mice generate most of the resources budget. 

As I had expected that my place in the queue would be months from now, I entered a vaccination trial that ends February 2022, having received the second of two injections early Feb. At this point, I think I will commit to at least the halfway point this August so that the research will have 6 months of my immunity data. If I am to endure freedom restrictions due to a lack of formal inoculation documentation, I cannot imagine sticking it out beyond that. I doubt very many in the study cohort would.

Make no mistake, the pharm companies set up to profit the most are strongly lobbying for vaccination passports rather than a broader and more flexible CoV status certification. 

With vaccination options gaining steam, there are hordes of vaccine research intentions that will likely be left in the dust. I wonder if the product I received, shipped up from Durham NC, will even make it to efficacy finality analysis and to market. 

In the meantime, maybe somebody needier than me, and in the developing world, will receive my missed official doses of whatever Quebec would have offered me this month.

Who knows? Maybe later this summer I would benefit from a more refined vaccine after all. [I add that this is a real possibility, for those disappointed about a slow rollout currently. Vaxx virgins will likely trump booster recipients.] 

Other than that, my mood is tickety-boo. I have in the past often gone six months laying low without travel and “play”. This next time block could be a piece of cake. 

The pandemic has certainly made me feel rather down at times.  Whilst I've been very fortunate to work from home and keep full employment, I've actually missed seeing people.  Like many people, the only interaction I've had with work colleagues, friends and family has been online.  What is keeping me going now is the twinkling of lights that are optimistically showing a route out of this pandemic - but I keep telling myself to be patient.

for me my buinsess has gone to shit. I write ads for companies who source penis pills and weight loss products from chine. that supply chain is now broken so my clients don't need ads. I'm adusting to doing ads for other sorts of businesses but without a targeted portfolio am pretty much stuck.

and yeah saying "hi" at the grocery store and cigarette place is essentially my interaction with other people. it brings me seriously down.

Its been a long year and my interaction with people is saying Hi when I go walking or grocery shopping, other than phone calls and zoom with family it can really get you down at times. Cant wait to get vaccinated and maybe then start to get some normality back and perhaps a holiday towards the end of the year.

I have not been depressed but at times a bit lonely. The result of self-isolation based on age and weight and a desire to not get Covid keeps me careful of my surroundings. I wanted to return to the USA for a bit this year, but fear of getting Covid will prevent that. I want to go to Brazil and Colombia but fear again will prevent that. Luckily, Jupiter Boy has been good to me and for me. He has kept me on my toes at times and laughing at other times. Just last night, I was getting ready to go to bed and he was getting ready to color his own hair. He said he would not pay the high prices of shops. But, when I woke up, the color was not what I (or he) was expecting. It made me laugh a bit which pissed him off until he was laughing. Little moments like that keep me entertained. Still, not seeing family for a while is hard. But, their age is even older than mine and I would not see them unless I quarantined for days. One show that I think has dealt with the virus well is Queen Sugar. I think the show is doing a great job at showing the loneliness and depression based on isolation.