BiBottomBoy

Will Summer Happen?

• Members

Quebec’s case incidence peaked in May and January, now having dropped by 75% this year so far. Vaccination is beginning to accelerate after a sputtering start, currently 4 products and likely a 5th soon.  I think Montreal venues will be open this summer, especially with patio drinking and dining a seasonal norm. The strip clubs in The Village will probably be open. They were last summer, months before vaccine hopefuls were even a glimmer.

With bilateral CoV case suppression, the US border restrictions will likely be relaxed or removed. Canada is also leaning against vaccine-specific certification or even broader CoV status documentation, unless new ‘escape’ variants transcend the present state of neutralizing antibodies and our hand is forced. 

ADB7D70F-9EDF-42C2-BEA0-5B29760C380C.jpeg

• Members

Yes, the rank and file here finally settled into a more overall compliant attitude and the 20:00h curfew likely helped attenuate transmission. Now the high end of the R confidence interval is trending towards .90 ... the graph below ends mid-February with a further decline in case reproduction since then.

Nonessential stores were opened for March break (just ending) and shopping replaced what would ordinarily be sun travel. Without vaccination set up to offset an uptick of cases usually caused by partial reopening, I doubt the stores would have been allowed to operate. I bought a new Ninja kitchen blender whoo-hoo!

3F17A670-4585-4AE5-B45F-7EA2EA76785A.jpeg

• Members

It may be partly the UK variant dominating in France (up to 50% cases) earlier than in Canada? Epidemiologists here fear its current presence will take greater hold and become the main strain of community transmission. However, it’s latent appearance is now up against the vaccination uptake trajectory. If Québecois want a freedom summer, need to keep mitigation tight for a few more months. 

On 3/7/2021 at 5:05 AM, BiBottomBoy said:

I'm starting to get worried we won't have bars,clubs or beaches for the summer.

I'd like to be wrong but it just seems like nothing is happening to break the cycle.

What do you guys think?

California Governor says they will open 'fully' in June.  Like how he know California will be ready for that?   I'm starting to believe its all Political. 

• Members

I take back what I wrote several weeks ago about Montreal. Our case incidence is trending up again, now at a level that would have to settle down quite a bit to reach last summer’s nadir levels (yellow arrow) that allowed partial re-reopening. However, the goal of one vaxx dose for everybody that wants one seems achievable by July 1st. The tide may turn. 

1D9D8449-B0D7-4791-9018-8DFBB3F94B34.jpeg