PeterRS

Why Are Trump Criminal Investigations Taking So Long?

After four years of Trump and with the Republican Party now in thrall to a self-centred 'Emperor has no Clothes' moron, I cannot help wondering: why is it that with so many investigations into his businesses and his own dirty deeds that have been going on for years, still no charges have been brought against him? The Manhattan attorneys have been investigating Trump for years, but still nothing has happened. How come? His Finance guy Weisselberg has finally been hauled before a Grand Jury, but what about all the other people supposedly involved? What is happening about the Deutsche Bank investigations? What is happening about all the Russians who bought Trump properties in Manhattan and Florida? I find it almost impossible to believe that investigations take so long even to drag up just one piece of evidence of illegal shenanigans.

I guess part of the reason might be that not all dirty deeds and dodgy dealings are criminal offenses. And in business dealings, things can be absurdly complex and evidence gathering very difficult. Just my 2 cents. I'd rather see him actually, physically behind bars sooner than later!