Tomcal

Owner of Pointe shares his views on Saunas longgevity

• Members
On 11/7/2021 at 7:43 AM, Riobard said:

What’s the one in São Luiz?

This was 10 years ago so I don't remember the name. It was in an atmospheric (some would say decrepit) classic building near the waterfront. Only a handful of working guys. Short of the front desk guy, who had some Roman general name, all I could find was a somewhat scraggly surfer type. And this was during the Festas Juninas/Bumba Meu Boi festival. 

• Members
3 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

If you are simply referring to the shows, I don’t know where you would have gotten this impression. Regarding drag shows, they’re not my thing. I take interest in the strip shows only to see if it’s someone I know or find attractive dancing — but I almost never sit at tables and watch the shows. 

I do enjoy the sauna culture though, and enjoy the socialization aspect of it as much as the sex. 

Good to know these specific details about what you like and your prognostication about possibilities. 

• Members
On 11/2/2021 at 2:40 AM, scott456 said:

Just to add my two cents:

1.  I would be very hesitant to hire a GP online based on his photoshopped pictures.

2. Brazilian go go boys are the best looking and best body shape, compare to the go go boys in Mexico, Colombia, or even U.S. and Canada.

I am not at liberty to show photos of Montreal strippers that may be viewed as ‘a cut above’ but tend to not be among the ones open to their images integrated into club ads or social media. A matter of personal taste, obviously, but IMHO no comparison with the majority of Brazilian gogos. 

• Members
4 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

As usual, you’re overthinking it.

in Brazil, culturally there’s a wide chasm between how gogo boys / strippers view their availability to sex work and how sauna garotos do. It’s like how call girls look down on brothel girls or street walkers. The “I’m not like those other heauxs!” syndrome is culturally ingrained in the variants of sex work in Brazil — maybe because of the culture, maybe because it’s all legal. Maybe it’s a combination thereof. 

A number of the gogo boys are discreetly / not-so-discreetly available for private dances / programas outside the sauna setting. A client / customer just has to be willing and open to the dance. Whether it’s a worthy venture or not is only for each individual to decide for himself.

I do not see how a sauna operator (Junior or otherwise) would add the feature you’re proposing unless there were a clamoring for it from a regular stream of clients. You are probably in a very small minority — maybe even a minority of one! 

A repeat rundown doesn’t hurt. Unlike you, I’m in no position to evaluate whether the thematic repetition conveys you cannot get out of your own head about it. 

——
For the general readership here, I also always have a solid ample budget when I visit … it’s actually obscene how much funding has accumulated for my next trip, being in travel hiatus and all … and throw a lot of cash around but at a level likely not sustainable full-time several evenings per week for me, and particularly locals that would be considering a new expenditure, ie, lapdances.

Additionally,  I was there on this date exactly 5 years ago … in fact, when landed we had had a bit of delay on the USA election results … and my currency is now worth 88% more.

• Members
27 minutes ago, floridarob said:

Junior does what Junior wants.....not from the 100's or 1000's of suggestions from outsiders, clients or not. I've known him since about 2002 I think....

Whatever happens, it appears he will have had a good run. And he still survives in these troubled times when many retail settings everywhere have gone under. I have often not found what I like there. How many vendors can claim they make money from little more than window-shopping? eg 100+ BRL, and I take up very little space. I wonder if little do locals know the strip club admission up here in my neck of the woods is 0-25% his rate, yet where much of the activity is illegal, Canada following the Nordic Model of commercial sex work prohibition. 

• Members
6 hours ago, Riobard said:

——
For the general readership here, I also always have a solid ample budget when I visit … it’s actually obscene how much funding has accumulated for my next trip, being in travel hiatus and all … and throw a lot of cash around but at a level likely not sustainable full-time several evenings per week for me, and particularly locals that would be considering a new expenditure, ie, lapdances.

Maybe you should take that money and invest in your own strip club down in Rio, complete with private lap dance booths (or curtains). 

Maybe you’ll make a mint, Or maybe then, you’ll learn why Junior or Monik have yet to do it at their establishments.