PeterRS

Marriott Travel Fair With 50% Discounts and Add Ons

Sorry this is rather late. There is a Marriott Hotel and Resort Travel Fair at Paragon offering substantial discounts for bookings at the Marriott chain Thailand properties mostly through to next June. In many cases the discounts are 50% with add ons like breakfast for 2, upgrades and daily credit. 21 hotels have been on offer last week but that offer end today (Monday). These include several in Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Khao Lak and Samui.

From tomorrow there is another week of discounts with a different 21 hotels and resorts. Most are in Bangkok but there are some in Phuket, Samui, Rayong and Hua Hin. These remain on offer until December 21.

I have checked various travel sites as well as Marriott's own site. The offers are genuine discounts of around 50%. Of course, who knows what other discounts may be offered over the next few months, but I suspect these are about as low as you will get.

You have to pay for the number of days you want at the fair. You then decide and book the actual dates when you are ready. You obviously run the risk that your dates may not be available if it is a really popular period like Songkran. I'd check with the hotel now if they have dates available at Songkran before paying the cash. But in these days of covid, the chances that there are no rooms available must be infinitesimal! In almost every other case, though, you should have no problem. I'm going back to Paragon today to pay for another hotel for an early May stay.

You might be able to book directly at the hotel or via the Bonvoy site during the fair period, but I have not checked that.

Im not sure how marriots treat their vouchers redemption, but some hotels do have blackouts and only allocated a certain amount of rooms that is available for redemption (quota). If this is the case, ud probably need to be flexible with your bookings especially during high season. Still a good deals, 50% is a lot.

5 hours ago, PeterRS said:

You have to pay for the number of days you want at the fair. You then decide and book the actual dates when you are ready. You obviously run the risk that your dates may not be available if it is a really popular period like Songkran. I'd check with the hotel now if they have dates available at Songkran before paying the cash. But in these days of covid, the chances that there are no rooms available must be infinitesimal! In almost every other case, though, you should have no problem. I'm going back to Paragon today to pay for another hotel for an early May stay.

You might be able to book directly at the hotel or via the Bonvoy site during the fair period, but I have not checked that.

I had a quick look on Bonvoy last night and didn't see any mention, just the usual deals so it looks like the way you mention paying at the booth is the only way to lock in that rate. Thanks for the info.

4 hours ago, spoon said:

Im not sure how marriots treat their vouchers redemption, but some hotels do have blackouts and only allocated a certain amount of rooms that is available for redemption (quota). If this is the case, ud probably need to be flexible with your bookings especially during high season. Still a good deals, 50% is a lot.

Marriott are typically the same in my experience, they do sometimes make exception to the blackout/quota if you're a plat or ambassador level.. but not at my peasant level haha.

2 hours ago, vaughn said:

I had a quick look on Bonvoy last night and didn't see any mention, just the usual deals so it looks like the way you mention paying at the booth is the only way to lock in that rate. Thanks for the info.

I went to the Marriott Fair again today. Yes, the prices are only available through vouchers purchased at the Fair. Most of the hotels had no blackout dates but a few had an increase over Christmas. Not Le Meridien though.

Just for info, the Le Meridien nightly price at the Fair is 3,700 baht inclusive of breakfast for 2, tax and service. Additionally there is a 500 baht daily credit for use in the hotel's F&B outlets. Pretty good deal I reckon! It's valid till March 31.