topjohn5

Sao Paulo newbie AirBnB question

• Members
On 1/10/2022 at 8:07 PM, Novarunner said:

It feels sort of weird to be using this part of my brain while logged onto this website but my “American rental property math” is really nothing more than that one can typically rent a property at a monthly rate equal to about 1% of the property’s value.  In this case, $34 per day equals about $1,000 per month which suggests a property value of about $100,000.

I’m not dating him but the smart and very, very attractive Carioca that is currently helping me learn Portuguese - he was outstanding when it came to helping me name the part of the body - was horrified when I mentioned that I would like to split time between here and something small but nice in Leblon.  His reaction puzzled me considering that I stayed in/near Leblon two of the three times I’ve been to Brazil and he and I have been out to eat in Leblon frequently.  Maybe he just thinks Leblon is overpriced or not someplace he would actually want to live.  Or, more likely than not since he speaks pretty decent English but typically converses about transactions that do not involve the sale of real estate and my Portuguese is still very much limited to body parts and what one might do with those body parts, we probably just misunderstand each other which is why I’m going to go back to trying to find trash television in Portuguese to watch in preparation for my next trip on March.  Suggestions are welcome if anyone has a show they would like to recommend.

Body parts lmao and what one would do with them lol 😂 

On 1/9/2022 at 10:03 AM, Riobard said:

There are dozens of legit areas and endless choices. I have done 5 neighbourhoods and happy with all. 

How long visit? What activity focus? Proximity to spa brothel ‘sauna’ venues important, ie, to avoid really long distant ride platforms?

Preferred mode of transport? I do Über but often Metro subway as it’s good quality and I ride free as senior. 

The thing I try to avoid is virtual biometric registration check-protocol if the host is not on the spot to facilitate this … face and fingerprint scans etc. The tech can be dysfunctional and you might be talking through an intercom to a static-y voice in rapid Portuguese. The last time this happened I was on the phone with the host’s subhost’s sub-sub-host to trouble-shoot and it took an hour following an exhausting trip just to get from the street entrance to the elevator, to the unit keypad that itself was the easy-peasy part. Many places indicate this mode of check-in after you have committed and paid. Not always simole; never again. Some hosts are just fucking morons and don’t advise you ahead of time what all the steps will be. They consider it part of the adventure; I don’t. 

Hi, Thanks! I plan 2 weeks in SP then a week in Rio. Since my tastes in guys are different than the norm here I am hiring call boys mainly from online. I prefer total bottoms, twinks to boyish guys not masculine or manly...no muscles...I'm 100% a top...don't care about cock size. I do however intend on seeing a couple of saunas...I'm a total virgin to those however, lol...Like Uber.

On 1/9/2022 at 4:32 PM, floridarob said:

MANY Airbnb units in this bldg. Is fairly new and I've never had problems bringing a guy back even though their rules want passports/id of any other gsts or visitors.

I like Republica the most....I've stayed in the place on this listing, is very nice....

They are building a new tower next door, so I don't know how the construction noise is, when I was there last, I stayed in an apt on the back side, no park view but no noticeable noise.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/47882389?source_impression_id=p3_1641767434_M4z3mY2vev%2BxqNKE&guests=1&adults=1#availability-calendar   this is on the back side

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/37767755?source_impression_id=p3_1641767493_hEKl3PR9ViFDpvcp&guests=1&adults=1#availability-calendar  This is also on the back side

Super comfortable beds, great internet, black out curtains, great a/c, views from the roof top pool are amazing.

Thanks for the links...I just may do this place!

On 1/22/2022 at 6:20 AM, Riobard said:

I always carry a reasonably decent decoy phone and decoy $bill/card-fold that are both essentially dispensable and in my outside lightweight full-length pants pockets where I hope a thief would consider the logical place for a pedestrian to store belongings but not, to date, any encounters such as requests or demands to have them removed from my person. I assume, possibly falsely, that a robber would not stick around long enough to inspect the contraband. The felon would quickly see some cash tucked into the cheap wallet thingy. The hope is that would be an acceptable tradeoff for my personal security and life to remain intact. 

My undergarment is a bathing suit or lightweight shorts with pockets where I fold up and distribute some higher denomination cash and functional credit cards. Usually at least one large enough pocket in the undergarment to conceal my true phone. Essentially I would need to be frisked to reveal these genuine valuables. 

YES! I live in Mexico and travel to Colombia a lot now...I do exactly the same thing!

On 1/27/2022 at 3:38 PM, scott456 said:

Very nice.  You Spanish speakers are so lucky...

If I spoke Spanish it would be, hahahaha. I do intend on taking a few years of classes...hope that the Argentine version of Spanish with all the Italian in it doesn't screw me up, lol.

On 1/9/2022 at 4:32 PM, floridarob said:

MANY Airbnb units in this bldg. Is fairly new and I've never had problems bringing a guy back even though their rules want passports/id of any other gsts or visitors.

I like Republica the most....I've stayed in the place on this listing, is very nice....

They are building a new tower next door, so I don't know how the construction noise is, when I was there last, I stayed in an apt on the back side, no park view but no noticeable noise.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/47882389?source_impression_id=p3_1641767434_M4z3mY2vev%2BxqNKE&guests=1&adults=1#availability-calendar   this is on the back side

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/37767755?source_impression_id=p3_1641767493_hEKl3PR9ViFDpvcp&guests=1&adults=1#availability-calendar  This is also on the back side

Super comfortable beds, great internet, black out curtains, great a/c, views from the roof top pool are amazing.

Thanks! I'm staying in one of these units.

• Members
On 1/10/2022 at 6:32 AM, floridarob said:

The second link doesn't work. 

16 hours ago, scott456 said:

The second link doesn't work. 

Maybe they got a long term rental or took it off the market....there are tons of airbnb units in that bldg. If you need a view, take the front part....but with the construction of a new building right next door, I don't know how bad the noise will be on either side actually.

2 hours ago, floridarob said:

Maybe they got a long term rental or took it off the market....there are tons of airbnb units in that bldg. If you need a view, take the front part....but with the construction of a new building right next door, I don't know how bad the noise will be on either side actually.

I'll let you know, lol...but not until late April.