reader

Yes, but what's his address?

I'm sure you're as shocked...shocked as I was to learn of this latest development.

From The Thaiger

Officials unable to extradite Red Bull heir

Prosecutors say time is running out to prosecute fugitive Red Bull heir, Vorayuth Yoovidhya, and that they’re unable to extradite him…because they don’t know what address to write down in the extradition warrant.

The heir to the Red Bull energy drink empire was charged on 2 counts in the death of a Bangkok police officer killed in a hit-and-run collision with Vorayuth’s Ferrari in 2012. The charge brought onto him for cocaine use is set to expire in September this year. Vorayuth has also been charged with reckless driving causing the death of another, with the statute of limitations on that charge expiring in 2027.

According to Dr จุมพล พันธ์สัมฤิทธิ์ from the International Affairs Department, the case has not yet been referred for extradition, due to the fact that there is no confirmed address for Vorayuth, as he says several laws and treaties require a possible address as one of the three key conditions for extradition.

The Office of the Attorney General says police have only sent them a copy of the court’s arrest warrant, but it’s an extradition warrant that they need before they can take any action to request extradition.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailand-news-today-officials-unable-to-extradite-red-bull-heir

It's not bizarre! It's pure corruption. When Interpol had Carlos the Jackal at the head of its 10 most wanted list, does anyone seriously believe they could do nothing until they had an address? It's total nonsense. As I reported I think more than a year ago, at that time the Thai authorities claimed that they'd had Interpol put this murderer on its wanted list. Well, I went through the full list of around 7,000 names. Guess what? The Red Bull murderer was not on it! 

When you look at all the Red Bull sponsored events around the world - including the hugely popular Formula 1 Grand Prix races - I would bet a lot on this murderer being in attendance at at least more than one. After all, the Red Bull team won the World Championship last year. I wonder for how much longer all this "we can't locate him" rubbish will go on and how much will have been paid in bribes by the time it is over.

14 hours ago, PeterRS said:

After all, the Red Bull team won the World Championship last year. I wonder for how much longer all this "we can't locate him" rubbish will go on and how much will have been paid in bribes by the time it is over.

Actually, Mercedes won the team championship and a Red Bull driver won the rigged driver's championship, in very questionable circumstances, after the rules were disregarded by the race director. 

I'd like to know what incentives persuaded the race director to disregard the rules and favour a Red Bull driver.

8 hours ago, z909 said:

Actually, Mercedes won the team championship and a Red Bull driver won the rigged driver's championship, in very questionable circumstances, after the rules were disregarded by the race director. 

I'd like to know what incentives persuaded the race director to disregard the rules and favour a Red Bull driver.

SInce you want to be picky, yes, I should have said a Red Bull driver won the world championship in a Red Bull car. You and I may disagree with more than a little justification with the race director but the decision was appealed and it was not changed.