reader

Insurance companies exaggerating cover requirements

My partner is still waiting for his Pfizer booster and he isn't allowed to have it until March. To be blunt, the Covid situation in Thailand is such that I wouldn't feel comfortable and the implications of being tested positive are dire. Read daydreamer's posts.

Still hoping for June. 

5 hours ago, Londoner said:

To be blunt, the Covid situation in Thailand is such that I wouldn't feel comfortable and the implications of being tested positive are dire. Read daydreamer's posts.

Actually you only need to get past the first few days in Thailand so act sensibly for those days.

When you arrive you will have been tested in the UK three days before departure. So assuming you take care for those days then the chances you have it on arrival are slim.

The next few days (before the day 5 test) are important if you are to pass the day 5 test.

After that there are no further covid tests required. Some restaurants and venues pretend to require a test but after nearly two months I haven’t found any who genuinely check or test. If they did I would just go elsewhere.

There is no requirement for any testing at all and anyone volunteering for a test is asking for trouble.

if you think you have it then self isolate. Simple. 

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

we still are waiting for somebody to report that he feels sorry for himself that he decided recently to go to LOS, contrary,  all of us who went seem to be content to  put it mildly

I hope it will also apply for me when I go in March for the first time in more than 2 years.

However I do worry about a potential quarantine after a (fake?) positive test. Because I work. I am not a pensioner. I only have 5 vacation weeks a year. I can’t just extend my holiday with 1 week. Yes I can. But then there is not much left for me the rest of the year. 

2 hours ago, abidismaili said:

However I do worry about a potential quarantine after a (fake?) positive test. 

You going for vacations so focus on pleasant side , not potential pitfalls. After all you can slip while walking to check-in counter in Amsterdam and break your leg or God forbid, be bitten by stray  dog while leaving your house with suitcases