PattayaMale

Foreigner's head found hanging from bridge

The guy's head was in a plastic bag which was hung over the bridge railing. And the sharp cop

states (quoting from the article):

Pol Col Chavalit Prasobsilp, a police chief, said that it was apparently not a suicide and he will wait for autopsy results before concluding how the head was cut from the body.

Apparently not a suicide??? I wonder what gave the police chief that clue........ B) B) B)

Guest fountainhall

Comforting to know that Bangkok's finest are so bright :o

Mind you, with that length of rope, the body weight could have resulted in decapitation like that thug in Baghdad. But I guess that would have been obvious to the police from the remains of the head. And that's before you explain the plastic bag . . . Curious!

My all time favorite is the one in which a body was found in Pattaya Bay. It had been weighed down, cement overshoe style, and the hands were tied behind the victim's back. That one was ruled a suicide!!!!!! Well, maybe the guy messed with the Mafia. Around here, that's suicide!

Anyway, I wonder if that Thai officer is any relation to Inspector Clouseau . . .

As I said on another message board, I wonder why they were so quick to rule out suicide.

It is possible that he put the bag over his own head in order to suffocate in case the hanging didn't work. I saw a program on television recently that dealt with hanging and its use as capital punishment. They mentioned that if you didn't have the right length of rope or the wrong sort of knot that decapitation is quite possible. Apparently it used to happen all the time until they figured out the exact right length of rope based on the body weight and the noose knot has to be arranged correctly to kill the person pretty much instantly.

And yes, indeed, Saddam Hussein was decapitated by his hanging.

Guest gay_grampa
And yes, indeed, Saddam Hussein was decapitated by his hanging.

Nonsense.

Saddam Hussein's hanging and the corpse after the event can be seen on several You Tube videos. It was a 'text book' hanging (if there is such a thing) and the head remained attached to the body.

The hanging of Saddam's brother resulted in decapitation.

As I said on another message board, I wonder why they were so quick to rule out suicide.

It is possible that he put the bag over his own head in order to suffocate in case the hanging didn't work.

Has it occurred to you that the article specifically states that the rest of his body has not been found? If it was a suicide, and decapitation occurred because he botched it up, then what happened to the rest of his body? Maybe someone took it as a souvenir. Maybe it landed in the bed of a passing pickup truck and the driver hasn't noticed it yet. It couldn't have washed downstream. The photo clearly shows that the bridge was over a street, not a body of water.

Don't you think that kind of rules out suicide?

Don't you think that kind of rules out suicide?

Balderdash! (I don't think I've ever used that word before and I have no clue how to spell it). Khun Deceased, planning his own demise, actually didn't jump off the bridge. He did the plastic thing over his head and then snared the rope already on his neck to a passing balloon. So he was sorta "hung up?" In any event, back to the story (fair and balanced reporting, of course), the balloon driver never noticed the partial corpse attached to the line and, when crossing the Andaman Sea, cut the rope as the thought it was just extra ballast. Shortly thereafter, the Thai Navy found what was left of Khun Deceased and placed it on boat with Royhinga (can't spell that either?) and cast it out to sea. And, what can I tell you, they were hungry!

Case closed....

I just came back from doing a tourist boat cruise on the Chao Phraya this afternoon.

When we got to the bridge, the tour guide was cutting jokes about the head, like he was in a comedy club. I think the Thais were politely smiling and the Westerners, had no idea what he was taking about.

Guest gay_grampa
Comforting to know that Bangkok's finest are so bright :o

Mind you, with that length of rope, the body weight could have resulted in decapitation like that thug in Baghdad. But I guess that would have been obvious to the police from the remains of the head. And that's before you explain the plastic bag . . . Curious!

You are right about the length of rope in that photo being enough for decapitation.

If you look at The Official Table of Drops you can judge that with such an excess of rope as shown in the newspaper photo it is indeed probable that a body would have become detached from the head ... if a suicide had not already been ruled out by the police.

Guest shebavon
Whether this was suicide or some form of execution, seems to me odd that it would be done in such a bizarre manner in such a public place.

Just a poor misguided Farang soul calling out for attention.

Head

OK, here's a close up of the head. Anyone know this guy? Bad Boy Billy?

Heck my mind must be in the gutter. I immediately went to the URL when I saw "head" and all there was to see was a head. What a disappointment.

It is very strange if no one knows him. Why would someone come to a strange place and commit suicide and not leave a note. Dosn't make sense to me. My guess is that he was killed somewhere else and it was made to look like a possible suicide. The fools should know you can't fool the professional and highly trained Thailand police force.