zombie

Whirlwind Trip to Pattaya: need advice!

In a few days a small group of us are planning a whirlwind trip coming from Bangkok to Pattaya. One of the group is his first time to Pattaya and for myself not been there since well before Covid.

Will arrive early evening-we will drive along Beach Road and maybe Jontium  Beach too- and mainly want to take a look a the bar scene, first  in Jomtien Complex and therafter Boys Town area and anywhere else interesting,  time permitting. Any late night places too?

I was never really into Sunee Plaza...but is that place still alive?

The idea is we spend the evening and night there, returning in the early morning. (work commitments for some later). Plus we no need stay hotel!

Can anyone please update us on the bar scene there particularly Boy Town area and also Jontium etc., with a recommendation for restaurant in the gay areas?

Thanks very much for any input.

😃

In Jomtien you can dine at Yupins or Poseidon (if not busy)  or Divarium within the Complex and  many bars to peruse.  Two late night places are Lucifer on Walking Street and Sinlapin Esan Third Road in Pattaya.

Boyztown area has four go-go clubs to visit. XBoys, Dream Boys, A Bomb, and ToyBoys.

Sunee not really worth the effort.

13 hours ago, kokopelli3 said:

In Jomtien you can dine at Yupins or Poseidon (if not busy)  or Divarium within the Complex and  many bars to peruse.  Two late night places are Lucifer on Walking Street and Sinlapin Esan Third Road in Pattaya.

Boyztown area has four go-go clubs to visit. XBoys, Dream Boys, A Bomb, and ToyBoys.

Sunee not really worth the effort.

Sunee is dead. I agree it's not worth the visit. Winner Boy's grand re-opening was not so grand. 
If you want a nice restaurant, look at Cafe Blu. Yupins is over-rated, total slop if you ask me. Poseidon is very good but you may have to book. They get very busy. It's well deserved. 

BoyzTown is dead. Been a few times recently. Pikki Bar is the only busy bar, and again it's well deserved. The boys are treated well (paid 100baht for boy drinks) and it's a welcoming and fun atmosphere. 

ToyBoy have bumped their prices again. It's now 280 baht for any drink (including a bottle of water). 1 or 2 twinks and a bunch of fat aging taxi drivers. A friend of mine stormed out the other day when instead of being served a JD and coke, he was given Blend 285 with what we presume was some sugar. Disgraceful behaviour. We were a group of 4, who have been regulars for many years. All of us have said we will never return to ToyBoy.

I have heard many expats reporting a great time in DreamBoy, with 30+ boys on stage. That may well be worth a visit.

The fact is, Jomtien Complex is where it's at now. Tonight (Loy Krathong) it was packed. In the last week there are SO MANY new boys around, it's a great time to be in Jomtien Complex.

Enjoy your trip!  

1 hour ago, iendo said:

Did you go?

If yes, how was it and how does it compare with Tamnan Kon Esan (which I think is closed)?

Tamnan Esan essentially died in 2018. Sinlapin took over. It's air conditioned and far better. Not sure Tamnan is even open anymore? 
Either way, all the boys go to Sinlapin. Where the boys go, we go! 

39 minutes ago, Travellerdave said:

Agree Boy69 - I stopped going to BBB after it became dominated by screaming Chinese ladies. Better when it was patronised 100% by gay men.

But there are some members of this forum here (wink wink) who'd chastise us for discriminatory ideas each time we wish for gogo bars to be exclusively gay male. We should flagellate ourselves for even entertaining the idea that women shouldn't be allowed in.

14 hours ago, iendo said:

Did you go?

If yes, how was it and how does it compare with Tamnan Kon Esan (which I think is closed)?

Will be going tomorrow= Thursday 10 November.

I really appreciate all the helpful replies to my thread and from the above info  I will now make some notes as to places to go.Any further replies here are of course still welcomed!

After returning to BKK and after recovery I will supply a "no holes barred" report-no pun intended. (we are all boozers -and the driver who will be prohibited from drink apart from non alcoholic)

There will be 3/4 of us and for the first 3 members or others who read this forum and who recognises us and says to us: "welcome odd couples" I undertake to buy you a glass of your favourite tipple!

🥳

PS the exchange re fat taxi drivers above is hilarious...bit like those in Dreamboy in Patpong: most there look like construction site workers!

29 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

We should flagellate ourselves for even entertaining the idea that women shouldn't be allowed in.

No need to, at end of day that, s decision of bar owners. We have something to say- go in or not. In ideal world we would chave choice, in real world we can make best of what us available. Yes, screaming Asian girls are annoying there and so is loud music, excessive air conditioning, pestering Mamasans  etc there and in all other  bars. But attractive boys are still there, even if fully dressed. 

Waving flag " I don, t go to go go bars anymore" is probably preaching to already converted crowd"

zoombie and  zoomomancs, I did visit Toy Boys tonight, Nov. 9, at 9 pm to check it out. Many good looking boys on stage, and something for everyone except for very slim lads. Gave a 100 Baht tip each to two boys and received a very nice thank you from both!  Prices were very reasonable, but then, I was with  with a regular customer . For me the best go go bar in the Boyztown area.

49 minutes ago, kokopelli3 said:

zoombie and  zoomomancs, I did visit Toy Boys tonight, Nov. 9, at 9 pm to check it out. Many good looking boys on stage, and something for everyone except for very slim lads. Gave a 100 Baht tip each to two boys and received a very nice thank you from both!  Prices were very reasonable, but then, I was with  with a regular customer . For me the best go go bar in the Boyztown area.

It was the first and only gogo bar where I ever got a price list, including ST & LT prices. But as far as twinks go, they used to have a good selection of Boyish compared to Winner where they were more on the fem side.

2 hours ago, kokopelli3 said:

Do you work for Toy Boy? It seems they can do no wrong!  They have printed menus for drinks prices, off-fees and minimum tips. They have an English version, and a Chinese version! There isn't a Thai version though, which I may have understood better than the badly spelt English one, if they made one. 
One of my group didn't even pay for his drink, he has been going there for so many years and spending big. The mamasan was very upset that his staff had delivered a fake Jack Daniels to our table. He was berating the waiter. But that's not the point, it still happened.

Drinks are 280 baht. Reasonable for some, no problem. For fake alcohol, which can be very dangerous to ingest, it's an insult in my book.

Please can you provide your definition of 'many' ? Pre-Covid drinks were 180baht, and there was 40+ boys. So many they couldn't even fit on the stage, and that was the case even in low season. 

Last week, there were 2 cute boys (one I know already, he was working in JQK Bar in Jomtien Complex till last week). He doesn't like farang and prefers Asian customers, which is totally up to him. There was another boy who was cute 6 years ago when he worked at Cupidol, and was 25. Now in his 30s, he needs to stick to his moto taxi job. 

I really need to get myself up to Dream Boy and see what the fuss is about. I keep hearing great things. 

9 hours ago, vinapu said:

No need to, at end of day that, s decision of bar owners. We have something to say- go in or not. In ideal world we would chave choice, in real world we can make best of what us available. Yes, screaming Asian girls are annoying there and so is loud music, excessive air conditioning, pestering Mamasans  etc there and in all other  bars. But attractive boys are still there, even if fully dressed.

The fact is that the number of gay clientele falling dramatically over the years there is just not enough customers to justify the quality and quantity of gay venues exist 20 years ago so we left with 2 choices we can make best of what is available or stop going to go go bars .