reader

The pharmacist will see you now

From time to time we read posts about what services visitors can expect from pharmacies in Bangkok. Some meds that require prescription in west may be available over the counter in Thailand. I’ve found that Chaka pharmacy (Rama 4 between Sil and Surawong) is  convenient and offers very competitive prices. You take a number from machine as you enter and wait for it to display above counter. English well spoken an service is quick. They give you bill which you take to cashier and then pick up your order on way out.

In the evening I’ve found the small pharmacy on Patpong 2 near Foodland is convenient for more popular items you may suddenly require.

An article about how National Health Service is expanding role of pharmacies to help reduce load on emergency room visits appeared in today’s Thai PBS World.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/the-pharmacist-will-see-you-now-has-thailand-found-cure-for-hospital-overcrowding/

9 hours ago, reader said:

From time to time we read posts about what services visitors can expect from pharmacies in Bangkok. Some meds that require prescription in west may be available over the counter in Thailand.

I confirm that. , 2 years ago we badly needed some epilepsy medicine, prescription only,   for my nephew which was temporarily not available  due to manufacturing problem since solved. 

I asked one of our members  , in BKK at that time to see if will be available there. It was and no prescription required, serious problems avoided in the last minute.