reader

Suvarnabhumi's SAT-1 terminal to soft-launch Sept. 28

2 hours ago, thaiophilus said:

... one who's prepared to "accidentally enter" the new terminal and miss a flight to find out what happens?

Any volunteers? :devil:

ME !

Not sure it will be al all possible to enter there if one doesn't have flight from new terminal but if will be I'd be happy to do the survey.

We have similar concept here and outbound it's impossible to go there by mistake as they check boarding cards before  bussing one in. Quite possible BKK will have similar concept so all this posibility of error may be academic.

In meantime we are waiting for word from somebody who lands first in new Siem Reap airport.

I have a feeling this must have something to do with Immigration, Security and the exit from the new satellite. Perhaps - and it's merely a supposition - there is no way to exit from the new satellite without first going through immigration. I've never done it but this is probably somewhat similar to those who arrive at the main terminal with onward tickets to other destinations. To exit the pre-Immigration arrival area you have to show your onward ticket and go through another security check at specific exits. Another assumption would be that there is no way from there to go down again to access the tunnel to the new satellite departures.

On 10/3/2023 at 7:26 AM, vinapu said:

ME !

Not sure it will be al all possible to enter there if one doesn't have flight from new terminal but if will be I'd be happy to do the survey.

We have similar concept here and outbound it's impossible to go there by mistake as they check boarding cards before  bussing one in. Quite possible BKK will have similar concept so all this posibility of error may be academic.

In meantime we are waiting for word from somebody who lands first in new Siem Reap airport.

Not there till January 7th!  Will report!