reader

SAS launches new Copenhagen-Bangkok flight

from Tourism Authority of Thailand

Thailand welcomed SAS Airlines’ maiden Flight SK973 from Copenhagen to Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport, marking the start of the three-weekly Copenhagen-Bangkok winter seasonal service scheduled from 30 October 2023 to 2 April 2024.

The departure flight leaves Copenhagen at 23.30 Hrs. every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and arrives in Bangkok on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 17.05 Hrs, respectively. The flight then departs Bangkok on the same day at 23.45 Hrs. and arrives at Copenhagen on the next day at 06.35 Hrs.

This must be something of a sentimental return since it was a joint venture with SAS that helped get THAI off the ground internationally in 1960.

SAS itself started flights between Copenhagen and Bangkok in 1949. Then the flight time was 36 hrs with stops in Zurich, Rome, Damascus, Karachi and Calcutta. As in @reader's post, the west-east routing with the new service will be 10 hrs 35 mins with prevailing winds making the return slightly longer. The aircraft will be the Airbus A350 with business, premium economy and cattle class! Economy is in the 3-3-3 format.

Another New Scandinavian Airline to Service Bangkok

A new Scandinavian budget airline, Norse Atlantic Airways, is also due to start ferrying tourists to Thailand from Oslo starting today with 2 flights per week using Boeing 787-9 aircraft. The schedule will increase to 3 perweek during the period Dec 19 - Jan 13. Cheapest round trip outside the winter season seems to be around US$700 return but you pay for nearly everything including the seat you prefer, meals, drinks, earbud headphones etc.

One reviewer of a flight from Paris to New York was pleasantly surprised but found the baggage weights were strictly applied with substantial additional fees if you are overweight. The aircraft has 64 Premium Economy seats in 2-3-2 configuration. Economy is the usual 3-3-3 layout. 

Thai Airways International (THAI) will start direct flights between Bangkok and Istanbul on Dec. 1.

The outbound flight is scheduled to depart Suvarnabhumi airport at 11.45pm and arrive in Istanbul at 6.05am, local time, the following day. The inbound flight, meanwhile, will depart Istanbul at 4.30pm. and arrive at 5:35p.m. The next day.

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

you mean 5.35 am ?

I do. Copied original from Thaiger which was quoting TAT. 

Took farang (I.e., Vinapu) who scrutinizes all new routes and fares to unearth error. Personally I think it would be so much easier if all news sources used 24-hour clock.

13 hours ago, reader said:

Personally I think it would be so much easier if all news sources used 24-hour clock.

+2

as for scrutinizing routes and fares I'm not that meticulous but yes, BKK bound are of my great interest.

Copenhagen route sounds very interesting for me as timing sounds good and airport is relatively close to the city if layover would be long. Never hurts to reacquaint with the Mermaid and rub J CH Andersen's knee ( for those not in the know his statue is not on usual pedestal but it's arising right from the pavement

20230814_131045.thumb.jpg.2e74a4e26bc75c053a84a4787a5dbf32.jpg

20230814_161740.thumb.jpg.8847c914391f935a2c471beb103c7312.jpg

On 11/2/2023 at 11:32 AM, reader said:

Thai Airways International (THAI) will start direct flights between Bangkok and Istanbul on Dec. 1.

Thai Airways is a disgusting airline for my taste. I do not recommend anyone to use their services. They are still bankrupt and will be subject to Thai bankruptcy protection laws

3 hours ago, Kostik said:

Thai Airways is a disgusting airline for my taste. I do not recommend anyone to use their services. They are still bankrupt and will be subject to Thai bankruptcy protection laws

Why ? if they are still flying and  fares are right and schedules convenient why not ?  Sure there's danger they may stop operating but probability for flagship carrier to be wound overnight is almost non-existent.

I flew with them quite a few times and can't say a bad word , they even flew me over Mt Fuji without charging a satang more. Food certainly was bit better than regular Styrofoam.   

13 minutes ago, vinapu said:

Why ? if they are still flying and  fares are right and schedules convenient why not ?

If the airline changes flights and you don't like the option, they won't give you your money. In 2019, I believed only through the chargeback procedure

This year I’m stupid enough to buy tickets from the Thai ones too. They changed flights, but their lawyers were better prepared

32 minutes ago, Kostik said:

If the airline changes flights and you don't like the option, they won't give you your money. In 2019, I believed only through the chargeback procedure

This year I’m stupid enough to buy tickets from the Thai ones too. They changed flights, but their lawyers were better prepared

that's explains your stance and no wonder