floridarob

Surabaya Indonesia 4 nts- Feb 2024

2 hours ago, floridarob said:

Why do I usually find my best guys on the last night??

Don’t know but always happens to me. Met guy at One Spa on next to last day of previous trip. Hope to get reacquainted today. He’s been heavy on my mind.

Thanks for good report from little heard about destination. 

Train looks like appealing option.

19 hours ago, floridarob said:

Stayed at the Doubletree hotel, got upgraded to a nice suite. Wish Doubletree service and rooms were this nice in USA. Also as a Diamond member, free b'fast, and executive lounge tea time and free cocktails for 2 hrs nightly and canapes/finger foods. The breakfast buffet was impressive here and in Jakarta, both Doubletrees.

Yes, the Doubletree chain is indeed different abroad than in the old US. Buffet breakfasts in Indonesia are generally huge spreads in larger hotels. Same with Malaysia.

You're traveling in Indonesia during the Imlek celebration (Chinese lunar new year), so you'll see the red decorations everywhere. Probably a little less of it in Bali but still very festive there too in the urban areas. 

In Indonesia, many Chinese guys are cut too. While they're not Muslim (most are Christian or Buddhist), they often like to go with the flow in the genitalia department. The Balinese are rarely cut, however, except for the very few Muslims in the east of the island and a bit elsewhere. But in Bali, as you know, most of the massage providers are from elsewhere and tend to be Muslim.