dscrtsldnbi

Indian press reports on mortal danger of sex enhancement pills.

Newlywed bride dies after husband takes sex enhancement pills on wedding night

The couple got married on February 3 and the woman was admitted to a hospital in Kanpur by her brother on February 7. The woman died on February 10. The accused husband is absconding.

Written By: Siddhi Gaharwar
Updated On: 

14 Feb 2024 14:07:PM

Hamirpur: A newlywed woman died just seven days after her wedding as her husband reportedly took sex enhancement pills on their first night in Uttar Pradesh’s Hamirpur. The woman was admitted to a private hospital in Kanpur last week after her health condition deteriorated following the couple’s wedding night. However, she succumbed to her injuries during the treatment three days later.

According to reports, the couple tied the knot on February 3 while the woman was admitted to hospital on February 7 and passed away on February 10. The woman’s husband, an engineer by profession, consumed the pills on their wedding night. In a written complaint to Superintendent of Police Deeksha Sharma, the victim’s relatives alleged that the accused forced the woman into an unnatural physical relationship after taking sex enhancement pills. Her relatives demanded stringent action against the man and his family.

What woman’s brother alleged

“I got a call from the accused on February 7 who asked me to take my sister back. The groom also alleged that my sister was suffering from any serious disease and he does not want spend money on her treatment. The accused had also claimed that her treatment would cost around Rs 10 lakh. Later, I took her to a hospital in Kanpur where she died after three days of treatment,” the woman’s brother alleged, adding that his sister was not suffering from any disease. He further said that the accused had demanded Rs 10 lakh from him for the woman’s treatment.

Accused husband absconding

Meanwhile, Hamirpur police said that they have not received any information or complaint in this regard. They further said that an investigation will be launched and necessary legal action will be taken if any complaint is filed in connection with the alleged incident. The victim woman’s husband has allegedly fled the village with his family.

As per reports, the bride suffered severe injuries and her health started deteriorating after her husband tried to make physical relationship with her after taking the pills on their wedding night.

https://www.news9live.com/crime/newlywed-bride-dies-after-husband-takes-sex-enhancement-pills-on-wedding-night-2438452

On 2/25/2024 at 2:17 PM, unicorn said:

Confusing entry. What supposedly caused her death?

I think the over-polite Indian press is trying very hard not to say that the husband violently raped her on their wedding night. She likely died of internal and external injuries and blood loss. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

I think the over-polite Indian press is trying very hard not to say that the husband violently raped her on their wedding night. She likely died of internal and external injuries and blood loss. 

😲

Say What You Mean To Say GIFs | Tenor

I guess they don't have decent journalism schools in India??? What kind of BS reporting is that? Is one supposed to come to one's own wild conclusions?

• Members

Dribs and drabs of ambiguous reporting suggest grievous sexual assault injuries sustained over a day or more following nuptials (akin to “gang rape”), hospital admission, and death by septicaemia (the word “infection” is employed by hospital staff; distinct from context of husband’s assertion of diseased damaged goods) a few days later.

It is unclear whether pills were conventional PDE-5 inhibitor drug, “uppers” (not trying to be funny) intended to enhance general energy, or some local home remedy that would be unrelated to a predilection for violent behaviour.

There was some immediate dust-up about ownership for treatment payment. Hard to say whether there are unfortunate ‘cart-horse’ health system dynamics that undermine urgent care, though appears her brother was prepared to undertake the required costs, private hospital, etc. 

7 hours ago, unicorn said:

I guess they don't have decent journalism schools in India??? What kind of BS reporting is that? Is one supposed to come to one's own wild conclusions?

The Indian press doesn't seem to permit graphic descriptions.

Moreover, the details were probably never released to the public by either police or medical authorities. 

• Members
4 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

The Indian press doesn't seem to permit graphic descriptions.

Moreover, the details were probably never released to the public by either police or medical authorities. 

Graphic descriptions or details were unnecessary. The news organization could have simply reported what was on the police report, rather than have the reader guess in order to try to fill in the blanks. Just lousy reporting IMHO. It seems fairly certain that the pills were irrelevant. It looks as though they're just trying to imply a salacious story.