reader

Russian Man Found Hanged in Pattaya Forest

NOTE -- Why is Pattaya the last stop or so many foreigners?

From Pattaya News

A Russian man was found hanged in a forest in Pattaya on Sunday morning, March 10th.

Pattaya Police responded to a report of a deceased foreigner found in a forest along Thepprasit Road Soi 9, Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province, at 9:27 AM.

The body was located within a large, 20-rai forest, roughly 20-30 meters from the road and only accessible on foot. The deceased, believed to be a 40-year-old male of Russian nationality, was found sitting on his knees with a robe tied between his neck and a tree.

The victim wore a black round-necked shirt, grey floral-patterned shorts, and black flip-flops. A mobile phone was discovered in his pants pocket. A water bottle was found close by, but no identification documents were found.

Mr. Chusak Saetiao, a 46-year-old resident who reported the incident, told The Pattaya News that a motorbike taxi driver rushed to him around 8:00 AM to alert him about the body. He did not recognize the deceased and mentioned that foreign tourists, especially Russians, often visit the Soi. However, Mr. Chusak recalled hearing dogs barking around 3-4 AM the prior night but did not pay attention to it until the morning discovery.

Pattaya Police reviewed nearby surveillance footage, which captured the deceased at around 3:38 AM. The footage shows him using his phone’s flashlight to navigate his way into the forest while holding a water bottle in his left hand. The victim entered the forest, briefly returned, but then re-entered at 3:39 AM and disappeared from view.

The investigation remains ongoing. The body was transported to the Police General Hospital for a thorough autopsy. Authorities are collaborating with immigration officials to establish the deceased’s identity.

• Members
6 hours ago, reader said:

... no identification documents were found...The footage shows him using his phone’s flashlight to navigate his way into the forest while holding a water bottle in his left hand. The victim entered the forest, briefly returned, but then re-entered at 3:39 AM and disappeared from view.

... Authorities are collaborating with immigration officials to establish the deceased’s identity.

The fact that he came in alone, then returned and came back alone, seems to point to suicide. If so, one has to wonder why he went to the trouble of getting rid of his identification documents. That comes off as perhaps rather passive-aggressive to me. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Keithambrose said:

He may have been a dissident! Plenty of unexplained  deaths in thatcarea, even in London. 

That seems unlikely, if one's to believe the surveillance footage. Putin seems to like to murder people in spectacular, outrageous ways, to leave no doubt that he did it, and will do it again with impunity if he so wishes. Putin likes to murder openly, with the aim to instill fear as much as to silence any vocal opponents. 

31 minutes ago, unicorn said:

That seems unlikely, if one's to believe the surveillance footage. Putin seems to like to murder people in spectacular, outrageous ways, to leave no doubt that he did it, and will do it again with impunity if he so wishes. Putin likes to murder openly, with the aim to instill fear as much as to silence any vocal opponents. 

I know, but we have had a couple  of unexplained  deaths of Russian dissidents in the UK. One found dead in New Malden, in the next road to friends of mine. Very little publicity about it.

• Members

My fingerprints were taken upon arrival and biometrically linked to my passport. I think that if I were somehow discovered dead with my water bottle and phone the authorities could figure out my identity. Of course it’s considerate to be conscientiously facilitative but I suppose offing oneself often precludes optimal organization.

Anyway, it turns out the deceased was identified fairly quickly somehow through CCTV footage leads. His planned stay had been set at 3 months and he had 5-6 weeks remaining

Incidentally just days before in the area the police intervened with a Russian male planning to leap to his death from a building. At first I thought that he was maybe eventually free to go and take a better stab at it. 

7 hours ago, unicorn said:

Maybe someone who didn't want to die in the fields of Ukraine?

Information for you: here it’s not like in Ukraine, no one forces people to go to war. The short 1-month mobilization took place almost 2 years ago, even before flights to Thailand were established after COVID. That’s why those who fled mobilization then fled to Kazakhstan, Armenia, Turkey, and Belarus. More than 90% of them have already returned, since mobilizations have not been repeated.

Recruitment into the army for the war in Ukraine is carried out exclusively voluntarily, on contractual terms.

I would rather believe not in a dissident, but in mafia showdowns. The FSB has squeezed out almost all organized crime from Russia. Those who did not escape are in prison. Those who fled from the FSB have settled in different countries and are trying to restore their usual way of life. Given the language barrier, they are not good at this, so there is a lot of struggle among themselves.

If I were the Thai government, I would have long ago invited 10-15 FSB officers to Thailand for consultations and assistance, and conversations about the “Russian mafia in Thailand” would have immediately ended - there would have been no one to talk about.

I don’t believe in the suicide version - people don’t hang themselves while sitting, especially if the support to which the rope is attached is located behind your back - this is almost impossible.

• Members
1 hour ago, Moses said:

I don’t believe in the suicide version - people don’t hang themselves while sitting, especially if the support to which the rope is attached is located behind your back - this is almost impossible.

Erm, wrong, wannabe coroner & aspiring armchair forensics analyst.

About half of hanging suicides are not suspended and death by asphyxiation occurs while standing, kneeling, or sitting, with ligature sometimes fixed below head level.

In this case the suicidally determined chap was not using his phone flashlight to find a homicidal mafioso hit person lurking in a roadside grove. 

giphy.gif

• Members
3 hours ago, Moses said:

... no one forces people to go to war...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/12/2/russia-to-boost-size-of-armed-forces-by-170000-troops

"...Russia had undertaken various efforts to give a boost to its army – including drafting conscripts... All Russian men from age 18 to 27 (or age 18-30 starting on January 1, 2024) must serve one year in the military...". 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russias-putin-signs-decree-autumn-military-conscription-2023-09-29/#:~:text=The new legislation comes into,but undisclosed casualties in Ukraine.

"Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree setting out the routine autumn conscription campaign, calling up 130,000 citizens for statutory military service, a document posted on the government website showed on Friday. All men in Russia are required to do a year-long military service between the ages of 18 and 27, or equivalent training while in higher education. Putin's move comes as Russia's armed forces press on with their "special military operation" in Ukraine, now in its 20th month... The president, who signed an order in March calling up 147,000 people for the spring campaign, said this month he was bracing for a long war in Ukraine.
In July Russia's lower house of parliament voted to raise the maximum age at which men can be conscripted to 30 from 27. The new legislation comes into effect on Jan. 1, 2024
...".

2 hours ago, Riobard said:

About half of hanging suicides are not suspended and death by asphyxiation occurs while standing, kneeling, or sitting, with ligature sometimes fixed below head level.

while you are right I think so is Moses with his suspitions

3 hours ago, Moses said:

I would rather believe not in a dissident, but in mafia showdowns.

3 hours ago, Moses said:

Information for you: here it’s not like in Ukraine, no one forces people to go to war. 

Recruitment into the army for the war in Ukraine is carried out exclusively voluntarily, on contractual terms.

what war ? Isn't it special military operation?

watch your tongue as you never know what closeted gays from FSB are reading

4 minutes ago, unicorn said:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/12/2/russia-to-boost-size-of-armed-forces-by-170000-troops

"...Russia had undertaken various efforts to give a boost to its army – including drafting conscripts... All Russian men from age 18 to 27 (or age 18-30 starting on January 1, 2024) must serve one year in the military...". 

that's better as thinking that people go voluntarily for aggressive war beyond their country  borders  makes me cringe. It's one thing to defend St Petersburg from overwhelming Finnish forces but another to try to take Helsinki by force.

• Members
5 minutes ago, vinapu said:

Talking about mysterious deaths. we may be hearing about a suspicious death from one of our members soon. 😬

A Celebration of Great Movie Defenestrations

42 minutes ago, unicorn said:

ll Russian men from age 18 to 27 (or age 18-30 starting on January 1, 2024) must serve one year in the military...". 

It is criminal and forbidden by law to use conscripts in military parts of army. 5 years in prison. 18 officers got it in 2022 at the beginning of operation on Ukraine. Conscripts serving in training camps. First 6 months they can't to leave camp by any reason, but health.

42 minutes ago, vinapu said:

Putin said "war" in December 2022 during meeting with journalists, after that day nobody cares

On 3/11/2024 at 1:15 PM, unicorn said:

The fact that he came in alone, then returned and came back alone, seems to point to suicide. If so, one has to wonder why he went to the trouble of getting rid of his identification documents. That comes off as perhaps rather passive-aggressive to me. 

Ratheeer!

• Members
10 hours ago, Mavica said:

Let's remember to out the Russian agent here on these forums, boycott his businesses, etc.  We know who he is how he preys on the gay community.  Ignore him, deprive him of the income he receives from the gay community.  

WTAF?! Plotting to sabotage livelihood, egging on other members to do so, is but a shaky and odious proposition. That’s a hard no from me.

giphy.gif

On 3/13/2024 at 7:21 AM, Mavica said:

Let's remember to out the Russian agent here on these forums, boycott his businesses, etc.  We know who he is how he preys on the gay community.  Ignore him, deprive him of the income he receives from the gay community.  

Congratulations!

Your way of thinking and acting is exactly like Putin’s: here, too, they label people who have a different point of view with the label “Agent”, and try to cut off and freeze their income. Hello Putin-2.

It’s also funny: a man who has done absolutely nothing useful for the gay community is trying to show himself as a fighter for the "truth".

I run two gay forums and have been running a non-profit agency for 15 years so that single gay travelers can travel in the company of like-minded people, and young gays in 7 countries in Southeast Asia can earn some money by giving them jobs. What useful things have you done, Mr. Putin-2?

Has it occurred to you that if I close Siamroads, my income will increase, but 30-35 young gay men in Southeast Asia will lose their livelihood income, and approximately 500-600 gay travelers per year will be left without tours?

2 hours ago, Tomtravel said:

to promote war and war crimes

War crimes are considered such when the court has rendered its verdict. There is no court that has rendered a verdict on war crimes against Russia. This is the first.

Second: war is not considered a crime under international law, and if it were, the United States has been convicted at least 7 times in this century alone, because there has not been a single year in this century in which the United States did not participate in a war/armed conflicts initiated by them.

I'm a pragmatist and a cynic and I don't believe in flying unicorns with rainbow manes. War has always been in the history of mankind. This is the first thing our civilization invented. Even before fire and sticks. I have never written anywhere that war is good, but I don’t wring my hands in hysterics because it happens.

As long as there are states on this planet, wars will also occur, because states live in competition for resources - people, raw materials, money, knowledge, and war is a means of interstate interaction. The most brutal, resource-consuming, but nevertheless, means of interaction that has always been, is now, and irrevocably definitive in the future, as long as states exist.

For those who do not understand this, I recommend taking off your rose-colored glasses and looking at life with an unblinded gaze.

And when you write to me “you support the war,” my answer is: “no, guys, it’s you who support the war, because it’s your states that send weapons, equipment, money, consultants, and share intelligence data to the war.”

Because the explanation “we send weapons and shells in order to maintain peace” - with this, turn to Orwell.

Russia was already sitting at the peace negotiation table with Ukraine in April 2022 in Turkey, when, under Western influence (thank you, Mr. Johnson, thank you, Mr. Biden), Ukraine believed that it could win this conflict and broke off the negotiations. Leader of Ukrainian of presidential party Arahamia and participant of peace talks confirmed it in November 2023 yet. 

It is his interview to Ukrainian state TV. It is in Ukrainian, but you may switch on subtitles with translation to English.

when we returned from Istanbul, Boris Johnson came to Kyiv and said that we would not sign anything with them at all - and let’s just fight

Lets stay on topic which is Russia led by Putin. Courts are slow and first the regime must be put down, then justice can follow. Putin is already now a fugitive (international arrest warrant issued).

A United Nations investigation has found further evidence that Russian forces committed “indiscriminate attacks” and war crimes in Ukraine, including rape and the deportation of children to Russia.

“The collected evidence further shows that Russian authorities have committed the war crimes of wilful killing, torture, rape and other sexual violence, and the deportation of children to the Russian Federation,” a United Nations commission of inquiry on Ukraine said in a report submitted to the UN general assembly.