EmmetK

It's Official: Donald Trump is SUPER RICH

On 3/27/2024 at 1:35 PM, EmmetK said:

I bought a ton of DWAC (now DJT) stock. Tons of Trump-supporting, MAGA-loving, small investors bought (and are buying) the stock and reaping huuuge profits.

Shares of Trump Media & Technology Group surged 17% Wednesday, extending gains from their stellar Nasdaq debut to the second day, fueled by retail investors including supporters of former President Donald Trump.

Shares of Trump-controlled TMTG, which owns his Truth Social social network, have climbed over 30% since they began trading on Wall Street on Tuesday through a merger with a blank-check company already listed on the Nasdaq.

With the stock last at $67.69, TMTG had a market capitalization of $9.1 billion, lifting the value of Trump's stake to over $5 billion.

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing? We're all laughing now -- at you and your gullible flock of sheeple! 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑

Trump Media Shares Tumble After Recent Cash Crunch Disclosed
Decline cuts value of Donald Trump’s stake in Truth Social parent firm by more than $1 billion

Former President Donald Trump's fledgling media business is losing its sheen among investors a week after going public, with a sharp reversal in the company's stock price lopping $4 billion off its value.

The plunge in Trump Media & Technology Group's shares, which debuted on the Nasdaq Composite Index on March 25 under the ticker "DJT" (after the former president's initials), comes as it disclosed mounting losses in a regulatory filing. The company also noted that its accountant had issued a warning that its losses "raise substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern."

Shares of Trump Media & Technology Group, whose primary asset is the Truth Social platform, tumbled $13.30, or 21%, to $48.66 on Monday. That's below its opening price last Monday of $49.90 per share, and represents a 39% plunge from the stock's high of $79.38 on March 26. 

PALM BEACH (The Borowitz Report)—An ugly scene unfolded at Mar-a-Lago on Monday as an increasingly apoplectic Donald J. Trump watched the stock price of his newly listed Trump Media & Technology Group plummet.

Incensed by CNBC’s graph tracking his stock’s dizzying descent, Trump uncapped a black Sharpie and started defacing the TV screen in a desperate attempt to halt the slide.

After Eric Trump whined that his father was “wrecking the TV,” the indicted businessman hurled the Sharpie at his son, disfiguring his forehead.

Across the country, members of the MAGA movement who invested in Trump Media were reportedly in a state of shock that a company run by Donald Trump could lose money.

Trump took to Truth Social to offer them an explanation for his stock’s humiliating crash. “Everything is Going To Hell under JOE BIDEN!” he claimed.

Meanwhile, in a sign of his fading fortunes, Trump has started calling his wife Mazda.

4 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

Who's laughing? We're all laughing now -- at you and your gullible flock of sheeple! 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑

Trump Media Shares Tumble After Recent Cash Crunch Disclosed
Decline cuts value of Donald Trump’s stake in Truth Social parent firm by more than $1 billion

Former President Donald Trump's fledgling media business is losing its sheen among investors a week after going public, with a sharp reversal in the company's stock price lopping $4 billion off its value.

The plunge in Trump Media & Technology Group's shares, which debuted on the Nasdaq Composite Index on March 25 under the ticker "DJT" (after the former president's initials), comes as it disclosed mounting losses in a regulatory filing. The company also noted that its accountant had issued a warning that its losses "raise substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern."

Shares of Trump Media & Technology Group, whose primary asset is the Truth Social platform, tumbled $13.30, or 21%, to $48.66 on Monday. That's below its opening price last Monday of $49.90 per share, and represents a 39% plunge from the stock's high of $79.38 on March 26. 

Trump stock shot up over 6% today. This rise occurred on a day the Dow plummeted 400 points!
You should probably start reading the Wall Street Journal. Maybe you can learn something also about the Gaza borders.
Touche!

23 minutes ago, EmmetK said:

Trump stock shot up over 6% today. This rise occurred on a day the Dow plummeted 400 points!
You should probably start reading the Wall Street Journal. Maybe you can learn something also about the Gaza borders.
Touche!

Admit you made a bad choice in buying the stock and save face.  Touche!!!!!!!!!!

6C5A0664F99A4ADD9A6AFAE1210091BEB3FD8E06.jpeg

8 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

And still BILLIONS OF DOLLARS  lost since you bought your shares. Try again, you said little clown!

image.jpeg.1ffa5c1d0abefd2e31e27b2aedc8f937.jpeg

WRONG AGAIN (Rafah deja vu?  lol)

I bought it at 38 when it was Digital World. I'm still up over 40%.

Thank you President Trump and CEO Devin Nunes.

2 hours ago, EmmetK said:

NOTE -- Devin Nunes is chief executive officer of the Trump Media & Technology Group. 😛

From CNBC

Trump Media sues its co-founders, accuses them of ‘severe mismanagement’

The media company that Donald Trump recently took public is suing its co-founders, accusing them of failing “spectacularly” to get the company off the ground and then trying to “thwart the deal.”

3 hours ago, EmmetK said:

WRONG AGAIN (Rafah deja vu?  lol)

I bought it at 38 when it was Digital World. I'm still up over 40%.

I’m sure you would agree, whether the DJT stock goes up or down doesn’t matter to MAGAt cult members who bought into it. They simply want to show their support to their cult leader, Jim Jones, oops, I mean Stinky. I suppose there are a handful of investors who counted on MAGAts dumb enough to disregard the reported $58 million loss, and they banked the bounce. It’s just another one of Stinky’s many failed businesses; but luckily for him, there is a fool born every minute. That explains why so many buy into his claim of being a multi-billionaire, yet, will donate their social security check to one of his re-election grifts.

• Members
On 4/3/2024 at 8:56 AM, Goober said:

I’m sure you would agree, whether the DJT stock goes up or down doesn’t matter to MAGAt cult members who bought into it. They simply want to show their support to their cult leader . . .

I think you've got it right.  I can't say exactly who the buyers are but it's been widely reported that institutional investors are giving the stock a wide berth, so it's mostly retail investors who are putting up the cash.  And they can't be very sophisticated if they're counting on Devin Nunes to lead them to a pot of gold.  His own auditors have expressed concern that the company may not be able to keep operating for much longer.

As I posted upstream, I was toying with the idea of shorting the stock but there are so many others with the same idea that it's costing them 500% annual interest to 'borrow' the shares they plan to sell back at a lower price.  So I'll continue to be just a bystander.

The oddest thing I've come across is the decision by Forbes a couple days ago to increase Trump's net worth by $3.4 billion.  I'm guessing that's based on his ownership of 79 million shares of DJT stock, which they appear to have valued at $43 a share.  I'm sure he could sell a hundred shares at that price and maybe a thousand shares at that price but, if he ever tried selling 79 million shares at that price, the stock would crater.

The only thing I can think of that would justify the current stock price is Trump's actually winning the election and siccing the FCC on his competitors.  "But, Lookin", you say, "don't we have laws that would prevent him from driving other social media companies out of business?"

Sure we do.  For now.  unsure.gif

On 3/26/2024 at 1:53 PM, EmmetK said:

Trump’s Net Worth Hits $6.5 Billion, Making Him One of World’s 500 Richest People

• Former president joins Bloomberg’s list of 500 richest people
  • Trump Media merger adds billions of dollars to paper fortune

By Tom Maloney
March 25, 2024 at 4:52 PM EDT

"TMTG completed the merger Monday. The shares of the newly formed company will trade on the Nasdaq Tuesday under the new ticker symbol DJT.

The transaction would provide a windfall to Trump, who owns more than 60 percent of TMTG. His share of the merged company, expected to be around a 58 percent stake, could be worth around $3 billion at recent market prices.

Trump’s shares are subject to a six-month lock-up that would prevent him from selling shares or pledging them as collateral for loans, a standard provision in many initial public offerings and SPAC deals. The board, however, could waive the lock-up, to allow him to pledge his shares to support an appeal bond in the fraud judgment against him in New York.

The successful merger and stock price landed the former president on Bloomberg’s list of the 500 richest people in the world, Bloomberg reported Monday. The media organization estimated Trump’s worth to be $6.4 billion."

This huge multi-billion dollar windfall couldn't happen to a nicer or more deserving person. After all the persecution and attacks on him and his family, it's great to see something like this happen to them. It's sad that a crooked judicial system is being used against President Trump and his wonderful family.

This will also ensure that DJT will have the best lawyers in the world, and be able to pay off all current and future biased jury awards. And he will still have a billion or two left over for the campaign.

There are so many ways to build wealth in America. This kind of deal is an example.
No one can turn lemons into lemonade better than Donald Trump. He will indeed Make America Great Again once he returns to the White House. ONLY TRUMP !

Trump 2024!

Reminder: A fool and his money are soon parted.

From CNN

Trump Media stock sinks to post-merger low

Shares of Truth Social owner Trump Media & Technology Group tumbled 12% on Friday, sinking to their lowest level since the company went public last week.

The selloff has erased nearly $2 billion from the value of former President Donald Trump’s stake in the company this week.

Trump Media shared surged to as high as $79.38 on March 26, the day trading began on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol “DJT.”

Since then, the Truth Social owner’s share price has plunged by 49% to the closing price of $40.49 on Friday.

From CNBC

Trump Media stock drops more than 10% to open trading week

Trump Media

shares dropped more than 10% in early trading Monday.

DJT’s plunge followed a 12% decline in its share price on Friday.

Trump Media, which owns the Truth Social app used by its biggest shareholder, former President Donald Trump, had a high price of nearly $80 two weeks ago after it began trading as a publicly held company.

Its share price as of 12:33 p.m. ET Monday was $36.62 per share, a 9.78% decrease for the day.