EmmetK

It's Official: Donald Trump is SUPER RICH

• Members

Looks like some folks came in this morning and unloaded a few million shares in the first hour of trading, knocking the price down another five bucks (12%).  There were some buyers at that price and the stock clawed back two dollars and then headed south again.

It occurred to me that Trump himself, along with his family members, have the ability to buy more shares and help support the stock price.  Perhaps they were among the buyers at midmorning.  It would be a nice thing to do to help his supporters stay afloat.

I also remembered that Trump met with Elon Musk in early March.  Ostensibly, it was to get Musk's support for Trump's candidacy.  While that didn't happen, it makes me wonder if they also discussed Musk's possible purchase of Trump Media.  Musk's purchase of Twitter indicated that he's not averse to pissing away his billions in search of some kind of media footprint.  And, if Trump gets elected, he could sure help Musk keep the government contracts flowing toward SpaceX.

Seems like there's the basis for a deal between Musk and Trump but, for now, it would seem to hinge on Trump's getting elected.  So now I can see two paths forward for this struggling stock, but they both require Trump to get elected.

On the one hand, I've got to appreciate the amount of risk that Trump is willing to take in his business dealings.  On the other hand, I'm content to be among those who aren't along for the ride. 😳

Untitled-3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=6489c0ec64

10 hours ago, reader said:

From CNBC

Trump Media stock drops more than 10% to open trading week

Trump Media

shares dropped more than 10% in early trading Monday.

DJT’s plunge followed a 12% decline in its share price on Friday.

Trump Media, which owns the Truth Social app used by its biggest shareholder, former President Donald Trump, had a high price of nearly $80 two weeks ago after it began trading as a publicly held company.

Its share price as of 12:33 p.m. ET Monday was $36.62 per share, a 9.78% decrease for the day.

image.jpeg

On 4/3/2024 at 5:21 AM, EmmetK said:

I bought it at 38 when it was Digital World. I'm still up over 40%.

Truth Social hit a new post-merger low of $33.48 on Wednesday afternoon, bringing Trump Media’s market capitalization to approximately $4.6 billion. As of Wednesday, the company had almost halved its market value from highs of more than $8 billion during its first trading week....

Analysts said the company’s initial stock boom had little to do with its underlying business and more to do with support for Trump, lumping Trump Media in with so-called “meme stocks,” like GameStop, AMC, and Reddit.

In its first week on the Nasdaq, Trump Media was considered one of the most expensive stocks to short-sell, according to S3 Partners. Short-sellers are traders who bet that stocks will fall by borrowing shares and selling them high with the belief that they can be repurchased later at a lower cost.

The Trump Media stock bubble was short-lived.

The company’s stock began its free fall last week after it disclosed a loss from operations of almost $16 million in 2023, plus interest expense of $39.4 million, while bringing in just $4.1 million in revenue. That’s compared with a loss from operations of $23.2 million, plus interest expense of $2 million, on $1.5 million in revenue in 2022.

In a regulatory filing, Trump Media said it “lacks the financial resources it needs to sustain operations for a reasonable period of time,” raising “substantial doubt” as to its ability to continue operations. The company said it expects to continue incurring operating losses and negative cash flow “for the foreseeable future.”

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Goober said:

Can someone MAGA-splain why his MAGAt cultists are letting his stock tank? Why aren't they bumping up the stock? 

Because they realize that he's a fraud and scammer. Expect them to be invisible now -- like our resident sad clown, Emmet Kelly. 🤡

Yet they STILL like to celebrate every one of his tiny successes as if he were on top of the world rather than behind the eight ball. 🎱

From CNBC

Trump Media shares plunge after company files to issue additional DJT stock

plunged more than 17% in premarket trading Monday after the company filed to issue millions of additional shares of stock.

Trump Media’s dramatic slide came as Donald Trump headed to a Manhattan court to begin jury selection for his criminal trial on hush money-related charges. Trump is the majority stakeholder in the company.

Trump Media, which created the Truth Social app and trades under the stock ticker DJT on the Nasdaq, fell nearly 20% last week.

• Members

In addition to today's dilution, there's at least one other shoe ready to drop, and that's when Trump receives an additional 36 million shares.  It's part of his original deal and all he has to do is keep the stock price above $17.50 for twenty of any thirty days during a ninety day period that started on March 25th.  Don't ask me who came up with that bogey, but it's one that Trump is likely to hit by the end of April.

I'm not sure if today's announcement has anything to do with Trump's extra 36 million shares.  But it does help me understand why Trump is keeping his pie hole shut about Trump Media and DJT stock.  I'm sure he wants to avoid any focus on the extra 36 million shares until they're safely in his pocket.

It's so unlike Trump to keep quiet about anything.  At first I thought he'd dummy up until he'd found somebody to blame for the lousy performance of yet another Trump 'business'.  Based on his past performance, I'd be surprised if he doesn't already have somebody(s) in mind to take the blame.

My guess is he'll stay quiet until he's got the additional 36 million shares.  And then we'll hear that he's been running a 'perfect' business worth at least ten billion dollars and that somebody is out to get him and the stock is a bargain anywhere under a hundred bucks.

On 4/3/2024 at 5:21 AM, EmmetK said:

I bought it at 38 

Thank you President Trump and CEO Devin Nunes.

Trump’s stock tumbles again after Truth Social announces it’s getting into streaming
Tue April 16, 2024

Shares of TMTG (DJT) tumbled 11% Tuesday after closing 18% lower Monday. Driving the stock lower Tuesday: The company’s premier product, Truth Social, announced a major expansion into streaming, a notoriously cost-intensive business in which media behemoths like Disney have struggled to turn a profit.

TMTG’s stock, majority-owned by former President Donald Trump, is down 70% from the all-time high it set on March 26, the day after it merged with a blank-check acquisition company to go public. 

Free fall | PPT

While the Dystopian-in-Chief snoozes in court, the downward spiral of DJT stock buries the MAGA cult in investment losses. Every share they’ve bought since the IPO is now substantially in the red.

It’s said that “gas prices” and “inflation” are “pocketbook issues” that motivate voters. It will be interesting to observe how MAGA folks getting their pocketbooks picked by this blatant con influences any voters come November — just weeks after the full force of the unlock buries DJT in single digits.

Shares of Truth Social, the presidential candidate’s social-media upstart, have fallen more than 65% from their recent peak. The money-losing company was worth roughly $9 billion shortly after it started trading late last month. The company’s shares have tumbled so far this week, ending the session Tuesday down 14% at $22.84, giving it a market value of about $3.1 billion.

Above from WallStreet Journal 16APRIL24

image.jpeg.13a7ea77c918cfe1cc098c6f5d9a6e21.jpeg