unicorn

Campus protests nonsensical?

• Members

I don't understand those people who are closing down all of these university campuses. While I agree that Netanyahu is a war criminal who should be locked up, I don't see how occupying and closing down university campuses is supposed to help the cause. It just seems to embolden BN, who called the protesters "antisemitic thugs." It definitely doesn't seem to make anyone more sympathetic to their cause. All I see it doing is punishing and antagonizing people who are not in the decision loop with BN. I could understand protesting at Israeli consulates, but Colombia University? It seems irrational to me. Opposing BN doesn't mean one supports Hamas, and opposing Hamas doesn't mean one supports BN. I'm sure there are plenty of Palestinians, Muslims, Jews, and Israelis who don't like either Hamas or BN. 

• Members

This should go well. Montreal riot police in training exercise near McGill U encampment that Quebec Premier wants disbanded. Today first day of large binary counterprotests, 7th day of quad occupation, with police presence and the two factions separated by two fences, one for each belligerent. 

“You’re an asshole, Professor! On another note, did you grade my term paper yet?”