Olddaddy

What bars are for sale in Jomtien complex?

4 hours ago, Moses said:

I will assume that in the JC any bar is for sale. The question, as always, is the offer price.

Oh very true 🤣 

Apparently though they 're not legally licenced so would be difficult 

21 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I'm thinking of buying 2 or 3 bars and /or massage shop 

wow - please promise to make one of these bars allow for dancing to good non techno music and that we can dance before midnight.

A weekly or twice weekly T-Dance would be fantastic - like from 8pm until midnight

Years ago there used to be a Swiss or Finnish straight bar that had straight couples dancing every Saturday night 

Not sure if anyone remembers that bar in the Jomtien complex opp where the Old Montys used to be but old dancing music and couples dancing romantic 💕 together 

Ive searched my memory for that straight bar with the couples dancing, but going back 20 years I cannot recall it. Of course the Jomtien Complex, now Supertown, is not 100% gay. Apart from the Poseidon, the hotels all have straight guests who seem to have have no problems with us gays and our Asian boyfriends, particularly whilst around the pool. Also str couples are to be seen in the restaurants  and whilst strolling around looking at the action in the gay bars. 

This was recently posted in the Gay Supertown Twitter (X) feed:

Divarium_pulling_the_plug.jpg.e506107804b07a16a3e40f0e8f14d29f.jpg

So Olddaddy, you can add this Jomtien Complex bar (Divarium Cafe Bar & Restaurant) to the list of available bars.

I think that you should also add the former Double Shot - as it looks totally abandoned - it was my favorite bar in the Complex.

The Double Shot bar would make a great dance bar 👍🤩

On 6/9/2024 at 5:30 AM, Olddaddy said:

Apparently though they 're not legally licenced so would be difficult 

@Olddaddy  Be creative. You don't need a liquor licence to succeed. Have a special on the menu that offers tea. Customers are invited to a closet space behind the bar where their cuppa will be made specially for them. Boys tie the string of a teabag to their *ahem* little brother and jiggle the teabag in hot water by gyrating their hips. All your customers will become teetotallers in no time.

44 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

@Olddaddy  Be creative. You don't need a liquor licence to succeed. Have a special on the menu that offers tea. Customers are invited to a closet space behind the bar where their cuppa will be made specially for them. Boys tie the string of a teabag to their *ahem* little brother and jiggle the teabag in hot water by gyrating their hips. All your customers will become teetotallers in no time.

Sounds good until you receive the "donation " bill to the BIB 

1 hour ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

This was recently posted in the Gay Supertown Twitter (X) feed:

Divarium_pulling_the_plug.jpg.e506107804b07a16a3e40f0e8f14d29f.jpg

So Olddaddy, you can add this Jomtien Complex bar (Divarium Cafe Bar & Restaurant) to the list of available bars.

I think that you should also add the former Double Shot - as it looks totally abandoned - it was my favorite bar in the Complex.

The Double Shot bar would make a great dance bar 👍🤩

I heard Double shot's owner has gone back to Belgium , Netherlands or Germany or wherever he is from to fix his weight loss surgery stomach 

12 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

A prize, or more, for the boy who lifts the teabag out quickest, using no hands! Sounds fun. A modern twist on old party games!

Whats the bar next to Cocka2 on the left side ...I think that's a farang owned bar , I guess they have their regulars.

1 hour ago, thaiophilus said:

To deal with that, you need a friend in the Royal Thai Army. One sight of an Army hat covered with gold braid and the BiB will never trouble you again 🙂

no wonder, such battle hardened force  RTA !

@Olddaddy - Get ready Olddaddy - another space in the Jomtien Supertown Complex has become available for your new bar / T-Dance place ??

Sad to see the shutting down of the Double Shot bar - as that was a fun place after 10pm when the cute and sexy Cambodian guys took off their shirts - as it is very rare to see some skin in Supertown - but back in the day when Double Shot was in Sunee Plaza - the ability to see skin was everywhere.....

Supertown_Dolce_Vita_leaving_East_Lounge_arriving.thumb.jpg.583b99deb3300bc5e997eef68de8ff97.jpg

Anyone know anything about this new East Lounge bar mentioned above?   Will it follow the set-in-stone Supertown tradition of = "falang sit falang drink..."

The logo has a similar look as the East Suites hotel.  Same owners ??

East_suites_logo.jpg.d11d3d4b0bd605f2ed320aa3d967dab1.jpg

Currently, I am aware the following bars are for sale:-
Dorothy's Showbar

There are a number of other bars that will sell if they got the right price. Ask the owners. 

Currently the following locations are available for rent, using their former names:-
BC Bar (no key money just take over the lease)
Divarium (no key money just take over the lease)
Dolce Vita (not sure on the terms)
The pool bar opposite Cocka2 Bar (600,000b key money)

There maybe more, but if someone seriously wanted to open a bar, it would be pretty easy. Just pop into the Jomtien Complex Office (located next to the former Cafe John) and enquire. 

12 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

@Olddaddy - Get ready Olddaddy - another space in the Jomtien Supertown Complex has become available for your new bar / T-Dance place ??

Sad to see the shutting down of the Double Shot bar - as that was a fun place after 10pm when the cute and sexy Cambodian guys took off their shirts - as it is very rare to see some skin in Supertown - but back in the day when Double Shot was in Sunee Plaza - the ability to see skin was everywhere.....

Anyone know anything about this new East Lounge bar mentioned above?   Will it follow the set-in-stone Supertown tradition of = "falang sit falang drink..."

The logo has a similar look as the East Suites hotel.  Same owners ??

East_suites_logo.jpg.d11d3d4b0bd605f2ed320aa3d967dab1.jpg

Yes same owner.

1 hour ago, gayinpattaya said:

New news.
Dorothys Bar closed yesterday. I believe someone has already taken the lease, but that's not 100%.

That explains what I saw last night.  I was showing another forum member last night the new marquee signage for the Double Shot replacement =  East Lounge

And I saw Mike and his partner removing stuff from Dorothy's Showbar. It was around 9:15pm last night and Dorothy's was all dark.

I wonder what will replace Dorothy's - as it is a big space and has the upstairs hotel rooms 

Hmmm