TotallyOz

GayThailand.com is HERE to STAY ! !

The GayThailand.com board is here to stay. We will not be moving the url or the forum. All posts will stay in place. Nothing will go anywhere.

When I made the post a few days back, I thought that the move was a good move. After listening to the comments of many on the board who were not happy with the site being transferred over to a new domain, I was in contact with a guy in the USA who has offered to buy the site several months ago. We were close to a deal when I was in the USA but it fell through. But, in the end, this is a better move for me than to get members upset and it is a great way to enhance the Gay Thailand community of forums.

The money was deposited in escrow for the site and the paperwork is being sent to me; I hope to have this deal finalized soon. I'll then hand over the reins to a great couple that will be great running the board.

I will be staying on as a very active poster on this site and help in anyway I can to continue its growth. I know the new owner will want to make some changes to the site but my understanding is that these changes are to the front end of the website and not the Forum part of the site. The front end of the website is where the most traffic comes as many guys use it on a daily basis for finding a lover / BF / etc. The code that was written for the front end is out of date and old and needs a major revamp. Part of my reservation in continuing the site was putting another 10-14k into the site. I am not a programmer and thus can't fix things on the fly. The new owner's lover is much more computer savvy than I am and this will be easier for him.

Again, I want to thank everyone for making this site so great. I appreciate all the posters and participants.

Guest travelerjim

The GayThailand.com board is here to stay. We will not be moving the url or the forum. All posts will stay in place. Nothing will go anywhere.

When I made the post a few days back, I thought that the move was a good move. After listening to the comments of many on the board who were not happy with the site being transferred over to a new domain, I was in contact with a guy in the USA who has offered to buy the site several months ago. We were close to a deal when I was in the USA but it fell through. But, in the end, this is a better move for me than to get members upset and it is a great way to enhance the Gay Thailand community of forums.

The money was deposited in escrow for the site and the paperwork is being sent to me; I hope to have this deal finalized soon. I'll then hand over the reins to a great couple that will be great running the board.

I will be staying on as a very active poster on this site and help in anyway I can to continue its growth. I know the new owner will want to make some changes to the site but my understanding is that these changes are to the front end of the website and not the Forum part of the site. The front end of the website is where the most traffic comes as many guys use it on a daily basis for finding a lover / BF / etc. The code that was written for the front end is out of date and old and needs a major revamp. Part of my reservation in continuing the site was putting another 10-14k into the site. I am not a programmer and thus can't fix things on the fly. The new owner's lover is much more computer savvy than I am and this will be easier for him.

Again, I want to thank everyone for making this site so great. I appreciate all the posters and participants.

Great News GT...

Thanks again for your fine efforts..

and for keeping faith with your members...

A Classy Fella Indeed!

tj

For the record, I am no longer a moderator on this board. My moderator status, at my own request to GT, has been removed. I enjoyed the better part of the 4½ years I moderated this board, but now that the board has been sold and I have started my own board, I will be happy to continue posting here on occasion, but under new management, people I don't know, I prefer to be just any other poster rather than a moderator. Also, I'll be far too busy moderating my own board and I will do the bulk of my posting on my own board. But I'll certainly be checking in here from time to time.

If I can be of any assistance to the new owners, I will be happy to do so if they request it of me.

I hope this board and my board will be companion boards. If the new owners need assistance from me, I hope they won't hesitate to come to me. I also hope if I need assistance from them, I will be welcome to come to them.

I thank GT for having given me the opportunity to moderate this board and I thank him for putting up with all the trouble I gave him over the years.

Thank you to Gaybutton for moderating it for the last few years.

I appreciate that. I hope you will stay on here as a moderator. This board will be in excellent hands with you moderating. I hope the new owners have the good sense to keep you on as moderator.

For me this is also good news. Always fun and informative to read various forums and their contrasting styles and members.

For me, a moderator with a "velvet glove" would be preferable to one with an "iron fist". Guess I will have to wait and see?

A question was asked about the free memberships on the other site. They are still good and the offer is still open to anyone. It is no problem at all.

For me, a moderator with a "velvet glove" would be preferable to one with an "iron fist".

If you ever decide to change your mind you'll be welcome on my board. I don't have a problem with you at all. Everybody has his own preferences and there are enough boards so that there's something for everyone's preferences.

The new owners will take over next week. There should be no down time this month. They may move servers in the next few months and that would then cause about a 24 hour downtime. I'll leave the up to them to decide and announce.

There will be no need to re-register. They will take over the site as is and fix it up the way they want. It would make no sense for them to delete all members so that won't be a problem.

Great news, I didn't fancy the move and the new board didn't seem to cover Thailand that much.

We appreciate all the support. I am the new Admin for the website. My boyfriend and I live in the USA and visit Thailand for 6 weeks every summer. Our plan is to retire there in 3-4 years. Most of our time is spent in Chiang Mai and that is where we wish to retire.

Feel free to send me a Private Message with any questions. Thank you for your continued support of Gay Thailand - The Information Center for Gay Thailand, Gay Pattaya, Gay Bangkok, Gay Chiang Mai, Gay Phuket and Sunee Plaza.