TotallyOz

10 Lessons Learned by a Traveler to Gay Thailand

Lesson 1: Big Things CUM in Small Packages – I get so tired of my friends from the USA saying that all Thai boys have small dicks. That has been the opposite of my experience. Perhaps I have a knack at picking out guys but I have had some beautiful cocks in Thailand and while on average, the guys in Brazil may be bigger, the cocks I have found in Thailand have been scrumptious. Just because a boy is small in stature, don't assume he is small in all parts of his body. I have been extremely happy on numerous occasions.

more tomorrow....

Guest ronnie4you

The show boys in Chiang Mai were so huge, it would easily challenge the stereotype of small dicks on Asian guys. Yet the reality is that the guys I hire are nowhere near the size of the showboys. Lucky for me that size is not an issue!

Guest xiandarkthorne

Back in my college days, when I was staying at the students' hostel, I observed that the scrawniest guys with the widest shoulders seemed to have the biggest appendages. The same was true, I observed when I first started coming to Thailand. I don't know why but I am sure genetics has something to do with it.

Lesson 2: Tis better to have loved and lost Than never to have loved at all.

I can't count the number of boys I've been "in love" with. Or, at least cared for a great deal. Few of them lasted more than 1 year but some of them are going strong at 7 years.

There are no boys that I have met in Thailand that I regret meeting or sharing part of my life. In fact, they have added a great deal to my life.

I have friends who tell me they will never "fall" for a boy. I tell them, "you don't know what you missing."

When you find that perfect boy that you love spending time with, waking up in the morning with, holding hands in the theater or simply just playing chess at sunset, each moment and I truly mean each moment is special. These moments are what make us realize the value of love, friendship and companionship. I can't imagine going without this for the rest of my life.

While the single life is for many, it is not for me. It never has been. I am not even sure I can't count more than 10 nights I have spent along in Thailand. While many see this as being a softy, I see it as really experiencing what that "boy special" has to offer. The sound of a deep sleep, content with the day past and excited about the day ahead.

Caring for someone, loving someone, is one of the greatest gifts that Thailand has given me.

Lesson 3: Don't be upset Boy Special lies to you, be upset you can't trust him any longer.

The relationships that starts when money is involved usually entails lies. Most boys will tell you what they think you want to hear. Rule 1: Forget all the BS lies for the first 6 months and make sure each time you tell them that you like them for who they are and they can trust you. When they see they can actually trust you (if they can) it is then they should start to be honest with you about who they are.

If you are hearing stories about the grandmother needing money for a major surgery and the cost is 200,000 bath, most likely they are conning you. I tell every guy that spends time with me up front I don't pay for relatives. I say, "this is how much money I'll give you every week. I'll also pay for your school and your medical bills and anything we do together. Your family is your problem and comes out of the money I give to you. The first time you ask me for money for them, you are gone. "

If someone that you have proven your loyalty to keeps lying to you, they will lie to you forever and about anything. The more lies that happen, the more you are going to be unable to trust them. When these lies happen, you need to decide if you can deal with living with someone you can't trust or perhaps you decide that trusting him is not that important to you. In either case, you need to come to terms with what the future will hold and lies will be a part of it. How you handle those lies is totally up to you.

I tell every boy I am with long term that I'll never lie to them. If they always tell me the truth, I'll never be angry. While I'd like to say this works, it doesn't. Lies still creep in. There is always an excuse about how their mother made them, their friends told them or they didn't want to hurt me. But, in the end, the lies always hurt more. Decide in advance how you will deal with it. And, if you truly believe a boy you met in a bar hasn't lied to you, please contact me via e-mail as I have some great oceanfront property in Issan that I want to sell you for the 2 of you to make a home.

Whilst some of the guys in the smutty shows have large appendages, none of the Asians I've been with has had a particularly large one.

Thankfully, this doesn't matter much to me.

Whilst some of the guys in the smutty shows have large appendages, none of the Asians I've been with has had a particularly large one.

Thankfully, this doesn't matter much to me.

:lol:How much doesn't it matter to you? One inch, 2 inches, three inches, etc.....?:rolleyes:

Guest fountainhall

none of the Asians I've been with has had a particularly large one. Thankfully, this doesn't matter much to me.

Doesn't matter to me either, but sometimes it's nice to be surprised. I am in Taipei again for a few days. Last night met a small guy from the fridae website. Don't know why, but I usually expect a guy who is not tall to be 'small'. Far from it. This guy was amazing! Really looking forward to his coming back tonight :p

Lesson 4: Gay Thailand is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.

When you are in a bar and the special boy makes eye contact with you and you have fallen for the sexy smile, the sweet lips and the 6 pack abs, many will ask what they are able to do in bed. Most boys will say "up to you" and leave it at that. I always delve deeper to know exactly what they will and will not do in bed.

If the entire package turns you on, and you take him off, don't get upset if he dresses a bit more feminine that you expected or a bit more thuggy. You will most likely have a good time with the boy and if you just give it a shot, it will be OK.

It is easy to get caught up in the gay, straight, ladyboy, etc terminology. In the end, don't worry about what they are. All you need to know is if they make you happy and that is it.

My first trip to Bangkok, I met a boy at Future Boys in Bangkok. He was the right look for me and he was 19. I took him off for a month for traveling with me and a friend from the USA. My friend was a bottom. Both he and I had a great time with this boy from Future Boys. After a few days, he said that he wasn't 19 and that he was really 24. I said it was OK, that I didn't care. When we checked into the Marriott they needed a copy of his ID which I could not read and I asked the hotel staff how old he was and they said 29. Again, I didn't care. I had a beautiful gay boy and we had a great trip together. He was great in 3ways and 4ways and we had fun in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Chiang Mai.

I always saw this boy in future trips for a day or two and after a few years of seeing him in Bangkok, I invited him to my home in Pattaya. At that time I had 7 very Alpha males living with me. They all looked at him and said he was a ladyboy. I told them they were nuts that he was a gay boy. They told me I was nuts. I asked him and he said he was a ladyboy. I was shocked as I really had no idea.

Don't get so hung up on what the Thai's use for terminology. Just decide if the boy is someone you like and if so, keep seeing them. For every candy in that box of chocolates, there is at least one term in Thailand for boys in the bars. Boy, Man, Gay Boy, Gay Man, Gay, Ladyboy, Fem Boy, etc etc. Don't get so caught up in the words and forget to enjoy as many pieces of chocolate as you can! ;)

Guest thaiworthy

Lesson 4: Gay Thailand is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get . . .

At that time I had 7 very Alpha males living with me. . .

Don't get so caught up in the words and forget to enjoy as many pieces of chocolate as you can! ;)

Hey there, Willie Wonka, you had 7 guys living with you all at the same time? What is that, one boy for every day of the week? Yes, Gay Thailand is like a box of chocolates, but even Forrest Gump didn't eat the whole box in one sitting. Don't you ever get a tummy ache from all that chocolate? I can barely handle one much less 7!

Seriously, I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of Thai and farang terminology. If they make you happy, nothing else matters. I would've thought this'd be common sense, but unfortunately, too many farang have this image of expectation and they are bound and determined to make the square peg fit into the round hole every time no matter what. They too consume the same box of chocolates you do, but spit out the ones they don't like too hastily. Oddly enough, that's why the box of candy is called an assortment.

You must have a sweet tooth. But I can appreciate that. I love the Deluxe Assortment called Gay Thailand and all its identities, whatever they are.

Yes, Gay Thailand is like a box of chocolates, but even Forrest Gump didn't eat the whole box in one sitting.

I agree that Gay Thailand is like a box of chocolates but I didn't too busy with boys to see Forrest Gump. I just assumed he ate the whole box. I do! ;)

I love the Deluxe Assortment called Gay Thailand and all its identities, whatever they are.

Truer words have never been spoken!

Guest RichLB

When you are in a bar and the special boy makes eye contact with you and you have fallen for the sexy smile, the sweet lips and the 6 pack abs, many will ask what they are able to do in bed. Most boys will say "up to you" and leave it at that. I always delve deeper to know exactly what they will and will not do in bed.

For me, I've always found it more useful to ask the guy what he likes to do in bed with someone like me.

I think we would all agree this is a tricky area. Some of us like to dot all the I's and cross the T's and have it all worked out in our mind what is going to happen. Others either through preference, shyness or inexperience leave what happens later to chance. As we all know, even when bedroom activities are perfectly choreographed (in your mind) beforehand, things don't always work out as hoped. Everyone with reasonable experience of offing boys knows many of them simply want to be in and out of your bed with the minimum of exertion whilst extracting the maximum gratuity. The way these boys can 'cheat' us lovable oldies is beyond my comprehension. :unsure: :

The way these boys can 'cheat' us lovable oldies is beyond my comprehension. :unsure: :

I always thought it might just be my old age, big belly and the drool from the corner of my mouth when I look at them. I decided a long time ago to find one good one and stick with him. Of course, finding that one good one can really take a lot of tries and effort. Not that I did not enjoy looking.:p

Sorry, I didn't think anyone was listening. :) Plus, my BF's son is with me for a few days and it is exhausting. ;)

Lesson 5: It is not the length of life, but the depth of life.

There are many travelers that come here late in life. Many have never been openly gay or had gay friends. Thailand is paradise for them and for all of us. But, if you have lived your life in the closet or even partly in the closet, it is so refreshing to come to LOS and be totally out and open. Gay Thailand gives comfort and security. It is OK to be gay in Thailand and it is OK that people know. There is little if any judgement here.

I remember back to one of my first boyfriends who wanted me to meet his parents. I thought to myself that I am 35 and he is 18 and that is a big deal. On the contrary, they were so happy he had found someone that took such great care of him. And, even though they didn't label him as gay, they did not care what we did or how we did it. All they seem to care about was his happiness.

When you first land in gay Thailand and you go to your first bar and you realize that you are not in Kansas anymore, well, you know you have found Heaven on earth.

Those that come here with few gay experiences with friends and boys have a lot of catching up to do. I know one guy who I consider a great friend who did not really lead a gay life until he was in his late 60's. He now embraces every day and had fun each day. Why live any other way?

When you find paradise, like gay Thailand, why on earth do you not suck the marrow out of life. Live everyday like it is your last and enjoy every moment. For those that sulk and pout and whine about how they are not having fun anymore, I say fuck off. If you can't have fun with all the beautiful things that Thailand gives you, you are nuts and you should either get an attitude adjustment or go back to Kansas!

Lesson 6: To live a long life in gay Thailand, be sure to challenge your brain on a daily basis.

In the beginning, the gods of gay Thailand gave me a great group of guys to talk to. But, they told the same stories over and over. One guy, told me the same story at least 400 times. Not to me directly but to others in the group when a new person would come along. My mind began to die.

I think one of the healthiest things to do in LOS is to meet different people. Talk to them and get to know them. It helps keep your mind alert. Instead of sitting at the same set of chairs every night, try another bar. Instead of the same buffet every Monday, try a place you have never been to or even heard about. Today, I met a group of guys from Singapore and we sat around the pool for a few hours and chatted. Last week, I met a few girls from Australia and we were able to have dinner together one night and I really enjoyed my experience with them. Each person you meet, if intelligent, will stimulate your mind.

For me, I love doing crossword puzzles. I do at least 2 every day and have for years. I also like playing chess and have an active game on my computer constantly. I also make sure I read a new book every week. I'd love for this to be every day, but I just can't find the time.

I also love a good debate or conversation on the message boards. I find them stimulating and I find that actual discussion as opposed to lurking takes you to a different level.

It is easy to please your dick in sin city or in gay Thailand in general but in order to keep your dick happy for a long period of time, exercise your mind as well. Keep it active. Take up new hobbies. Learn Thai. Practice Buddhism. Do the things that you enjoy to keep your mind as active as your dick is. :)

Guest thaiworthy

Great stuff, Michael. Keep it coming. The more I read, the more I like. I think you have a great attitude about farangs, Thais and Thailand. I agree with almost all of it. Size doesn't really matter, better to have loved and lost than never to have loved, lies and trust, Thai/farang terminology, the quality of life, and exercise for the mind-- all good, sound stuff.

But I have a tendency to think I should be faithful to the bf. While I doubt this can ever be totally fulfilled, I'm just not thinking about that variety of guys right now. I don't see it as a good or bad thing, its just not right for me but may be just perfect for you or someone else. I want a big hug anyway. You're like the Werner Erhard of Gay Thailand.

Can you post an outline of the remaining lessons?

I also love a good debate or conversation on the message boards. I find them stimulating and I find that actual discussion as opposed to lurking takes you to a different level.

I agree, and whilst I am not the world's greatest debater, I love contributing. Many of them were fun to do and many others made me reflect on my own experiences before hitting the keyboard. Others made me gen up on my facts before posting.

Rather like chess, or even a game of scrabble, where one's mind is racing with the endless possibilities open to you, I find writing similar as very often when I start a sentence I don't know in my mind how it will finish. But if you don't start the sentence one thing is for sure you'll never finish it!

I know it's not that marvellous a word - 'lurking' - but for any of our readers out there who have yet to take the plunge, what's stopping you? If you're reading and not contributing, as Michael implies, you're really not getting the best experience.

Some of my contributions have been pretty mediocre looking back, but I can think of only a few I regret making. Just as chatting with a group of friends, tossing ideas back and forth, or having a good old argument, is much better when done with humour and with respect for others, so I would argue the best results are obtained on message boards when you treat the contributions of others in a way you would like to be treated yourself.

I know it's not that marvellous a word - 'lurking' - but for any of our readers out there who have yet to take the plunge, what's stopping you? If you're reading and not contributing, as Michael implies, you're really not getting the best experience.

Unfortunately "taking the plunge" can often result in being shit upon by certain posters. Having said that, this forum is the most benign of all and is the best for lurkers to get their feet wet.