TotallyOz

Bangkok's Best Burgers

Stop 1: Duke's Express

Stop 2: Bully's Pub

Stop 3: Bangkok Burger Company

Stop 4: Iron Fairies

Stop 5: Roadhouse

Roadhouse BBQ:

I have eaten at the Roadhouse many times over the years and always have a good time there. The prices are a bit high but the food is good and it is close to the gay bars.

Corner of Surawong & Rama 4, Tel. 02-236-8010,

The boys and I went today to test their burgers. We all tried a burger with different cheese and different toppings. We also had beer and soda.

The burgers are made of Australian beef and they taste pretty good. The bacon is cooked great and not raw like a lot of places in Thailand serve them. The fries are tasty but full of grease. So much grease in fact, the boys put a napkin on one and it was drenched with grease.

The burgers are 345 each and IMHO, that is too much for what you get. Both the burgers at Iron Fairies and BBC are better burgers and we left with a much better feeling.

All three of us gave the burgers 3 out of 5. And we gave the place a few marks down for prices and fries. So, we give it a 2.5 out of 5 total.

If you are in the area, the burgers are good. They are just not the quality of Bully's, Iron Fairies or Bangkok Burger Company. However, if you have a craving for a burger in the area, drop by and I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

I have had their ribs on several occasions and they were good. Most of the time.

RoadhouseMenu.jpg

RoadHouseBBQ1.jpg

RoadHouseBBQReceipt.jpg

Stop 6: Home Run Bar and Grill

Tonight the boys and I tested Home Run Bar and Grill. That is all off of Sukhumvit 31 (best to call them on your way and let taxi be guided by staff) and you need to check out their website in order to find the map.

1st off, the interior of the place looked wonderful. They had very nice floors, very nice tables, a pool table, and plenty of light. The place was lit very well, comfortable to be in, and an enjoyable experience.

My only discomfort of the evening were the bar stools. They were regular cheap bar stools and not comfortable enough to sit down and have a meal. Other than that, there was really very little I could complain about.

I had a friend in town from Washington DC, and he and I took the boys there to try the burgers. 2 of us gave the burgers a 3.5 and 2 of us gave them a 4.0. For total score of 3.75 out of 5.

I thought the burger tasted very good. The beef was good, the bread was good, and they had plenty of toppings. The burger was a very nice portion for a foreigner to eat, and it came with enough fries to fill you up. I had a bacon cheddar cheeseburger which cost 320. All the burgers were around the same price range. The boys had beer and soda, and I had a smoothie and Diet Coke. They do include a service charge with the bill.

The total of dinner and drinks came to approximately 600 baht per person.

I thought the place was very comfortable and the boys loved playing pool while we were waiting on the food. It is a sports bar so they have very large TVs with sporting events in every direction. The waiters and the service staff were attentive, cordial and efficient. All in all, I had a very nice meal and enjoyed not only the company but the atmosphere and the food. It is a place that I would go back to again.

If there were a sporting event that I wanted to watch on a very large television, I would consider taking the boys there to watch the event. From my understanding, the owner is from Chicago, Illinois. He did a great job decorating the place, training the staff, and putting out a menu that had very tasty food. If you are in Bangkok and you want a decent cheeseburger, I would recommend even this place a test run.

Sukhumvit 31 (best to see map on website), Tel: 02-258-6250, Website: www.homerunbangkok.com

Sports3.jpg

Sports2.jpg

Sports1.jpg

I've finally tried Dukes, it was delivered by ChefsXP.com, they deliver for many different places, really good service.

I thought Dukes was awesome, the pizza is tasty (just wish I could get a big NY style version) the onion rings are good... I think the burger here was much better and tastier than Bangkok Burger...and it was delivered so I think I might like it more in person when it's fresh.

Stop 7: Cafe Europe

Today the boys and I went to Café Europe on Sukumvit Soi 20 in Bangkok. The restaurant is known for its burgers. We knew that this would have to be one of our last stops in Bangkok as they have a special burger that reminds me of John Candy in the Great Outdoors when he ate the big stake and got it for free. In this café, if you eat their largest burger and under 3 hours you get it for free. The cost of the burger is 795 baht. The meet on the burger is one Kilo. The buns are massive. And it is topped with everything imaginable.

The boys and I knew that none of us would be able to finish the burger ourselves so we decided to order the burger and split it between the 3 of us. Even eating only one 4th of the burger, we were not able to finish our share. It is massive. It reminded me of a big dick contest once in Rio when I went with the winner and couldn't fit his dick in my mouth. I could not fit this burger in my mount and had to nibble it is from the side to get to the juicy meat.

The burger tasted excellent. The boys gave the burger a 4/5 and a 4.5 out of 5. I also gave the burger a 4.5. The french fries were also excellent. We gave the fries of 4.5. So over all the Café received a 4.4 out of 5 which is one of our best ratings.

The café is fairly easy to find once you turn onto the Soi. It is about 400 m down the Soi and across from some very large hotels. It is not too far room the Best Western Hotel.

The service was friendly and with a smile. The atmosphere is that of an outdoor café. It reminded me a lot of salt-and-pepper restaurant and Pattaya. It is open-air, friendly service and a nice neighborhood restaurant.

The total check for the 3 of us came to 1300 baht. If we had ordered individual burgers the bill would have been less. I believe the cost for a regular hamburger is 160 baht and then you add the price for any extra toppings that you may want on top of the burger.

We have heard about your café for a while and wanted to give it a test run as our last visit on our search for Bangkok's best burgers. It is a place that we would try again and the place that we would recommend. Unless you have an enormous appetite, I would not suggest getting the 1K Burger. They said in the 4 years they have been operating only 3 people have finished the burger in the 3 hours allotted. So unless you think you are one of those special magical people that I can eat 4 times what their stomach will allow, just go for the regular burger or go with a group of friends and split the burger.

We have had a really great time testing burgers all over Bangkok. I think you can see from the reviews above where our favorites are. I'm looking forward to my next trip to Bangkok and continuing the search for Bangkok's best burgers.

Thank you all for reading and I hope those that try the places enjoy them as much as we did!

Cheers from Michael and the boys!

http://www.cafeeuropebkk.com

BigOne7.jpg

BigOne6.jpg

BigOnehalf.jpg

I think I could finish it

I would be happy to wager the next time we are in LOS at the same time! I would be so overly impressed, I might have to take a cruise! ;)

I'm not sure I could even start it.

Thaiworthy, come on now. We KNOW you have had bigger things in your mouth than that. :)

I am sure I can finish it....didn't you see how much I ate at Aldo's?

Speaking of cruises, I am going on a 12 day next month with Francisco for $600 per person, plus because of my benefits I get $100 onboard credit, $50 Onboard credit, $85 credit from travel agent, $100 military credit, free dry cleaning and laundry, free internet, will be invited to a special Captain's luncheon (the top 20 most traveled passengers with them get invited), I know people on that ship that will get me upgraded if there is something available.... spending 1 night in Cairo and getting the Intercontinental at the employee rate of $59.....here is the itinerary:

1 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 6:00 PM

2 At Sea

3 At Sea

4 Alexandria, Egypt 7:00 AM

5 Alexandria, Egypt 8:00 PM

6 At Sea

7 Khios, Greece 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

8 Istanbul, Turkey 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

9 Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey 12:00 PM 7:00 PM

10 Athens (Piraeus), Greece 6:00 AM 5:45 PM

11 At Sea

12 Naples, Italy (for Capri & Pompeii) 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

13 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 4:00 AM

you would love cruising Mike but I know...internet,internet,internet,lol

Made it to Iron Fairies last night for a beer and burger. Not at all sure I would rate their burgers better or even equal to Bangkok Burger Company. And, all you get is a burger. No fries or cole slaw like BB. The place is tiny. I mean teensie weensie and the stairs to the second level require the dexterity of a mountain goat. As I write this I have to say: forget the place. it ain't worth it! Problem with most places in the Thong Lore area is that they must charge high prices to off-set the high rent.

The burger tasted excellent. The boys gave the burger a 4/5 and a 4.5 out of 5. I also gave the burger a 4.5. The french fries were also excellent. We gave the fries of 4.5. So over all the Caf

Guest thaiworthy

Michael, from my understanding of this it would appear that a math class would not be something that would hurt you (LOL).

By my calculations his math is correct. But his boyfriends score a perfect "10!"

Guest fountainhall

his boyfriends score a perfect "10!"

Having had the pleasure of actually meeting them once with Michael, I can tell you that photo just does not do them any justice. They are absolutely drop-dead gorgeous - and great fun.

Guest thaiworthy

Back again and willing to expand on this thread for one or two Burger places. Any suggestions for us to try?

Here's a suggestion, avoid these burgers at all cost. Try a VeggieBurger instead, or just eat Thai food. If you can avoid the meat, then so much the better. I myself, am a vegetarian. (Actually you should avoid not only meat, but chicken, fish, dairy and eggs.) They all contain cholesterol.

I hate to be a killjoy, but this fat and cholesterol clogging your arteries and veins from eating this vile stuff will eventually kill you. The photos of the food in this thread are loaded guns waiting to go off.

Not only that, but the food choices we make have profound global effects. It takes over 10 times the amount of energy from fossil fuels to produce a calorie of animal-based food than it does to produce a calorie of plant food.

Since the 1970s, 20% of the Amazon's rainforest has been destroyed. That's an area the size of California. 80% of this cleared land is now occupied by livestock, used to make those hamburgers you love so much. The world's cattle alone eat enough grain to feed 8.7 billion people, nearly 2 billion more than the population on earth.

With almost a billion malnourished people across the globe, redirecting even a portion of the grain used to fatten cattle could feed every hungry mouth on the planet.

If you change your diet, your body will thank you for it. That would be my suggestion.

K. Thaiworthy, thank you for the suggestion. I agree with everything you said. I am just not ready to give up beef yet as I love it.

I do have lots of my close family that are veterinarians and they swear by it as well. I even tried it for a month and liked it.

Now, I drink a lot of shakes. I bought a Vitamix blender a few months back and I use it daily for shakes. Every night I'll throw together a concoction of veggies, fruit and nuts, ice, etc for an earth shadowing shake. I have stopped eating food after 5PM at night and only do shakes. I love them and love the way I feel at night and in the AM.

In theory, I truly understand everything you say. In reality, I'm still a dinosaur and want my beef. :)

Stop 7: Cafe Europe

Stop 8: Outback Steakhouse

I have been to Outback Steakhouse in USA many times over the years and always enjoy their steaks. I wanted the boys to try this and we decided to give our burger test a try for lunch today at Outback.

Outback is located on the 6th Floor of Siam Discovery. It is on of the buildings next to Siam Paragon and across the street from MBK.

We all had the Bacon Cheeseburger and it was very good. It came with fries.

We also ordered the Blooming Onion (Thai Style) and the boys had a Corona.

The burgers were each about 399 baht and the diet coke was 79 baht and the Corona was 269 baht.

We all loved the taste of the burgers but were not impressed with the bread. The burger is VERY filling and we were unable to finish it. Of course, they did serve bread and the Onion before so we had some good appetizers to fill our plate before we started in on the burger.

The server was very friendly, spoke perfect English and was very quick to bring us everything we asked for. She also laughed at my jokes so I have to give her an A plus for acting.

The place is clean and comfortable.

For the burger, we each gave it a 3.8 out of 5. We didn't like the bread very much although it wasn't bad bread, I just didn't care for it. The meat was good and the bacon was crispy. All in all, a good place to eat if you want to take a break from the shopping malls in the area.

Guest pumpkin

No doubt, thaiworthy is well meaning but I don't think that it is necessary to be a vegetarian to be healthy. Many people are just predisposed to have a cholesterol problem and others are not. Also, meat is enjoyable and no reason to give it up.

I am in Pattaya and this thread made me want a burger.

Deicy Reilleys is in front of the Marriott on Pattaya 2 Rd. It used to be another Irish Bar whose name escapes me.

At any rate I felt like a Burger and thought I read somewhere that they had good ones.

A very Broad menu but I wanted a Burger so I ordered the Bacon Cheeseburger and even got them to substitute a small number of onion rings in place of FF.

The burger was excellent . A nice light toasted roll , nice thick burger with cheddar cheese and I guess Irish Bacon ,lettuce and tomato. It was served on a plate with some Mayonaise and Ketchup and cole slaw. The onion rings were hand cut and some of the best I have had in Thailand although a little greasy which you have to expect.

This burger was 265 baht which for the quality and the nice surrounding I figure is quite fair. Especially since I spent 245 at Burger King 2 weeks ago for a burger 1/2 the size and quality. Of course it did include a soda. 

Of course I missed by a night because Mondays are burger nights and they are 99 baht which would be like stealing. Tuesday was Pizza or Pasta for 99 baht and I saw a number of people with a good looking pizza for 99 baht which again is like stealing.

They have specials every night but these two appear to be the biggest value. Nice atmosphere and good service and the price is complete.

Sunday is Carvery day with 3 meats etc etc for 299 baht complete which I am pretty sure is the cheapest I have ever seen it.

Can't wait to try the Firehouse in BKK

My friend Devin and I were out and about today and wanted a good burger. He heard that Firehouse was good and so we gave it a try. Firehouse is conveniently located near Hero. :)

I loved the decor. The place had a collection of fire hats from around the world and we were asked if we wanted to wear any of them. They also had fire outfits and said we could wear those as well. LOL If we had been drunk, perhaps we would have taken them up on the offer. :)

But, we didn't.

I ordered the baconator which is 90g of beef (raised on a special farm) and 90g of bacon cooked INTO the burger patty. I will say that it was delicious! The fries were also good.

My friend had the Blue Cheese burger and some Wedges and he said it was excellent. When we got there we were told it was Happy Hour before 8:30 and 2 drinks for one. Loved it!

All in all, the atmosphere was great. We met with the owner who was a very nice guy from USA. The staff was very friendly and the burger tasted great! On top of all this, did I mention it was a short walk from Hero? :)

Burger2_Baconator.jpg

Burger1.jpg

Firehouse1.jpg

Recently, I have decided that I needed to add Teddy's Burgers to this list.  It is truly at the top of my list for the best burgers in Bangkok.  Teddy's has several locations but the one in Gateway Mall is the one I use.  The burgers are gigantic, delicious and reminds me of America every time I eat one, which is every week or two.

Guest ryanasia

My friend Devin and I were out and about today and wanted a good burger. He heard that Firehouse was good and so we gave it a try. Firehouse is conveniently located near Hero. :)

I loved the decor. The place had a collection of fire hats from around the world and we were asked if we wanted to wear any of them. They also had fire outfits and said we could wear those as well. LOL If we had been drunk, perhaps we would have taken them up on the offer. :)

But, we didn't.

I ordered the baconator which is 90g of beef (raised on a special farm) and 90g of bacon cooked INTO the burger patty. I will say that it was delicious! The fries were also good.

My friend had the Blue Cheese burger and some Wedges and he said it was excellent. When we got there we were told it was Happy Hour before 8:30 and 2 drinks for one. Loved it!

All in all, the atmosphere was great. We met with the owner who was a very nice guy from USA. The staff was very friendly and the burger tasted great! On top of all this, did I mention it was a short walk from Hero? :)

I will certainly give it a try. I have heard jixed reviews about Firehouse but I think I can stump up the $10 to try it. The boy I take later will just get less money if I am still hungry and have to eat twice.