TotallyOz

Delta 747 Business Class Seats

The seats in these airplanes are great but there is only one bathroom that is shared by 2 cabins for Business Class. I find this odd. I asked a friend who has worked for Delta for many years and has been a flight attendant since 1969, and she said that they decided it was more important to have lay flat seats for all their Business class passengers.

Now, the upstairs has 2 more bathrooms and are available for use for Business Class seats. But, who the hell wants to walk up the stairs to go to the restroom when you are paying out the ass for high quality service.

Guest fountainhall

Looking at the seat layout on seatguru.com, there are 14 seats on the upper deck and 34 downstairs. Unfortunately the upper deck toilets are positioned by the cockpit. So anyone from the lower deck has to walk all the way through the upper deck aisle to get to them. If I were seated upstairs, that incessant clump, clump, clump along the aisle would really piss me off.  :shok:  Some airlines have them much more sensibly positioned at the back by the top of the stairs!

Yes, I totally agree FH. I always loved the upper deck until now. Now, it was busy all night. They really do have the seats built so you don't really notice too much traffic but there is always those guest who don't know how to walk quietly into the good night.

Guest jomtien

Yes, I totally agree FH. I always loved the upper deck until now. Now, it was busy all night. They really do have the seats built so you don't really notice too much traffic but there is always those guest who don't know how to walk quietly into the good night.

Dear God......life is so awful for you sensitive types.......Man Up, Mary!

Dear God......life is so awful for you sensitive types.......Man Up, Mary!

Look Dude, when you are as big as I am and can walk quietly without jarring anyone's seat, you begin to understand that ANYONE can do the same.

But, true, I much prefer that my powder room be only for those of us that hit the toilet when we try. The rest of you filthy pilgrims, can just piss off (literally). :)

Signed,

Your friend Mary

I whole-heartedly agree with the "man-up" comments.  Michael, you'd bitch if they hung you with a new rope! (and probably because the rope wasn't made by Prada!).

If it really irritates you that your poor old lay-flat business section has only one bathroom (other than all the effort it takes to walk upstairs), all I can say (no pun intended) is that I really don't give a shit! :fool:

To reduce the risk of DVT, a little exercise on flights is a very good thing.  Walking upstairs to go to the toilet would be perfect.

Those of us who fly in economy or on 777's don't really have that option. 

all I can say (no pun intended) is that I really don't give a shit! :fool:

Never in my life have I seen such blatant disregard for those who sit in Business Class. If the last 20 years of American history have taught you nothing, I hope it has taught you that those that sit in economy should be use to sharing the shitter while those in Business Class need constantly more accommodations. This is the way it works in government and politics in the USA and I don't understand you unwillingness to participate in such well established principals! :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: It is like you are just saying, "Let them eat cake."

If the last 20 years of American history have taught you nothing, I hope it has taught you that those that sit in economy should be use to sharing the shitter while those in Business Class need constantly more accommodations. This is the way it works in government and politics.....

Government, politics, and business class?  But I guess I do understand, as you say, the need for "more accommodations.  Seems most of them are just too full of depositable material. :p

I don't understand you unwillingness to participate in such well established principals!

Principals are usually to old for me to be interested in any, er, participation....

Guest fountainhall

. . . while those in Business Class need constantly more accommodations.

And that, no doubt, is because business class passengers get far more to eat and drink than the cattle at the back. Naturally they feel the call more regularly, resulting in the need for constant to-ing and fro-ing to the facilities. Economy passengers should be delighted they get much less thrust onto their trays. If you reckon the loo queues are bad now, think what they would then be like!  :yahoo:

To avoiding loo queues in economy:

1 Get a seat where you don't need other passengers to move.  Preferably an emergency exit row seat.

2 Book a "special" meal. That will be served long before everyone else gets theirs.  So you can finish it & go whilst all the other passengers are eating.

Guest anonone

I miss flying the 747s.  United pulled all of their 747s to the West Coast, so it is all 777 for me now. 

Upper Deck is great for long trips.  Not sure if Delta is the same way, but at times the Upper Deck lavs are blocked off for access by the flight deck.

I just took a look at the Delta seat map.  Looks pretty good.  I really like the direct aisle access for all BC seats.  UA still has you crawling over each other to get out.  I guess Delta does not have Intl First Class though....

And unless I am missing something, there appears to be 2 lavs on the main deck in BC (in line with the stairs).

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Delta_Airlines/Delta_Airlines_Boeing_747-400_C.php

I miss flying the 747s.  United pulled all of their 747s to the West Coast, so it is all 777 for me now. 

Damn!  I am leaving shortly  for Thailand and thought I was in the upper  cabin of a 747 but, after reading your comment and looking at the seat map, am on a 777.   Flying Delta out of Detroit.

Damn!  I am leaving shortly  for Thailand and thought I was in the upper  cabin of a 747 but, after reading your comment and looking at the seat map, am on a 777.   Flying Delta out of Detroit.

Same flight I was on. It will be enjoyable in the upper cabin and it is quiet and the seats are great.

Same flight I was on. It will be enjoyable in the upper cabin and it is quiet and the seats are great.

Michael, I will be on a 777 not the 747 I thought I was on!  Detroit to Seoul to BKK. Although the leg from Seoul is on a 747 upper deck.  Usually fly via Tokyo but not this time. 

I asked a friend who has worked for Delta for many years and has been a flight attendant since 1969, and she said that they decided it was more important to have lay flat seats for all their Business class passengers.

Knowing that it was Delta... read "more important to have lay flat seats" as we add more seats we get more revenue, who gives a shit about how far you have to walk to take a shit?

I live in a DL hub city and I avoid them as often as possible. I thought NW was bad, but post-merger service and attitude has gotten worse IMO.

Mr. Bill, I loved Northwest. I was elite with them so my experience may have been different than most but I always had great service and their site was easy to navigate to find good deals on Business Class seats for upgraded and rewards.

Delta's website SUCKS. IMHO

But, I find I keep getting stuck with them. :(

Michael, I will be on a 777 not the 747 I thought I was on!  Detroit to Seoul to BKK. Although the leg from Seoul is on a 747 upper deck.  Usually fly via Tokyo but not this time.

If you've already completed your trip, I'd be interested in hearing your experience. Personally, I think DTW-SEL-BKK would be a much better option that DTW-NRT-BKK. I always run into long lines for security at NRT. My last trip we arrived in NRT on time with 2 hour transfer window and I ended up boarding the plane as they were closing the doors due to long security lines/ bag inspections.Once I travelled on KE through SEL and it was a breeze changing planes.

Mr. Bill, I loved Northwest. I was elite with them so my experience may have been different than most but I always had great service and their site was easy to navigate to find good deals on Business Class seats for upgraded and rewards.

Delta's website SUCKS. IMHO

But, I find I keep getting stuck with them.

NW was OK for me, I was elite for 8 years. I think that whenever you live in a hub city service sucks more because that carrier controls the market from your city. I agree about DL website. I just checked on an award booking on DL DTW/BKK in business class. Lowest fare was 295k miles. Same dates on UAL in business only 150K miles. Similar departures and exact same arrivals. I scratch my head trying to figure out why DL's business class warrants 145K more miles than UA.