ChristianPFC

Positive report from Super A

Positive report from Super A

The amazing thing is that everything reported took place between two normal working days. Back in Europe, I would have given my left testicle to be able to do that, now I can do it every day if I want to!

Thursday, 11.07.2013

I have a date with a Thai friend near Wongwian Yai (details will be in another report). We part at around 21:15, too early to go back home, so I take BTS to Silom. A stroll through Silom, Soi 4, and Soi Twilight does not bring anything new. In Soi Twilight it’s showtime in most bars, I don’t want to get into a show, so I will not visit any of their bars.

I haven’t been to Super A for a while. A few months ago, I entered and ordered an orange juice. They didn’t have orange juice, and by the time they communicated their extensive drink menu (water, soda, beer; none of which appealed to me), I had seen enough of their boys to be sure I wouldn’t want to have sex with any of them, so I left.

This time was better. I entered 22:50 and ordered orange juice (available, 150 Baht) and there were 9 boys. No numbers on the boys, about 3 many tattoos, 3 few tattoos, 3 no tattoos (estimated). All in different underwear. I was the only customer most of the time. Everyone got up (from sitting and playing with their mobile phones) and on stage for about 10 minutes, after that the excitement of a customer had ceased and normality kicked in (i.e. everyone back sitting and playing with their mobile phones). Some time the stage was empty, some time two boys were on duty standing there. They were talking among each other and with mamasan, the music level allowed me to listen, unfortunately I didn’t understand much. But one day my Thai will be good enough, and then I can report what boys and mamasan talk, assuming customers don’t understand.

Music and aircon ok. The light was low and only in red. Here the light shining from the mobile phone into the boys’ faces was useful. I asked mamasan to switch on the light: cannot. I pointed to light bulbs that were not lit: broken. In the toilet, there was no toilet paper, no towel and no wash basin, apart from that it was ok.

During my stay there, two more potential customers popped in, sat down, discussed with mamasan and left shortly after without ordering a drink. One of them came back later and ordered a drink.

During my stay (22:50 to 00:30), mamasan asked me to pay and leave three times, saying time is over, pointing to my drink (empty by her standards, but not by mine), and finally even showing me the bill. I never had that before. But her attempts were weak, I said I’m not done yet and she left me in peace for half an hour. What’s the point of chasing the only customer out? So everyone can let their hair down (they did anyway)?

There were three interesting boys: one had a cute face, but a bit too fat and no nice underwear; one with a gorgeous body and nice underwear, but no cute face; and one with a cute face and a gorgeous body despite tattoo, but no nice underwear (name Bee, as I learned later)

The situation was in a dead end: the boy with cute face, gorgeous body and no nice underwear was sitting opposite to me and was playing with his mobile phone and didn’t pay any attention to me. (Similar situations are often the reason for a stay in the bar longer than planned, I just can’t make up my mind and wait for something to happen.) If I don’t take action, the bar will close and I will have to go home alone! About 00:30, I ask the boy sitting next to me to call over Bee. We have a short chat in English and most importantly, I put my hand on his upper tight and his skin has perfect temperature and is dry (skin temperature and dryness are very important to me!).

I tell him I want to take him upstairs. Off fee (400 Baht) and fee for short time room (200 Baht) is added to my bill. Mamasan comes back with change, I take all the change, despite her making sounds with the metal tray (tapping it with her finger) indicating she is expecting a tip.

I wonder if the short time room is available if you bring boys from outside (because I am looking for a short time room in Silom, walking distance from the bars, reasonably priced, to save me from travelling back to my room about 30 minutes by taxi, some boys might be reluctant to travel that far, and getting a taxi in my area at night to get back to Silom might be difficult for them. In fact I had one boy in February in Classic Boys who refused to go to my room, and I refused to go to a short time hotel in the area, so we parted without getting to business.) Are there any other bars that offer short time rooms?

In the room, oh wonder, Bee does everything right, like reading my mind! This includes showering together afterwards. I had almost lost faith in prostitution, because I had a long series of duds (about 10 duds, fortunately separated by good sex with non-moneyboys) and I was on the brink of giving up taking moneyboys. The duds just lay there without any activity, except when it came to wanking me, then they got busy, but they didn’t find the right strokes!

In the bar, Mamasan said 400 off fee, 200 short time room, 1000 tip for boy; but this warrants 1200 tip for Bee (I think 1500 in Soi Twilight is too much, although I pay it if I come across the right boy; whereas 1000 in Pattaya is fine). Next time I will bring underwear and then everything will be perfect.

I leave about 1 am and have another look at Soi Twilight. Most gogo bars closed, gogo boys about to go home, but beer bars (Banana, Hotmale) are having a party, good atmosphere! In Scorpion bar, the cute Vietnamese boy is still there (was there when I walked past two days before – I haven’t been to Soi Twilight for weeks, and now twice in three days), and there are some new faces, some cute. The cute Vietnamese boy is touchy with a customer. A boy I had offed in Screwboyz (before renovation) last year is there and invites me, but I have to go home. Not without having a short chat with him: he says there are currently five or six Vietnamese boys in Scorpion!

I walk to Sam Yan MRT, opposite is a bus stop from where I can get a bus to my place. Oh wonder, the bus (line 29) comes after 2 minutes waiting time at 01:26 am, making this evening almost perfect! At night, it takes about 20 minutes by taxi (and costs about 160 Baht) to get back home, or 30 minutes by bus (and costs 8 Baht). The only problem is that the bus comes about twice per hour. It comes from Rangsit and passes on the opposite site of the road on its way to Hua Lampong. There it turns around and goes back to Rangsit. From the opposite site of the road to Hua Lampong and to my side of the road it takes about 15 minutes. Which means if I have been waiting for the bus for 15 minutes, and it hasn’t passed on the other side of the road, I will have to wait at least another 15 minutes. And indeed, I had to wait up to 40 minutes. Now I have to check my records to see if there is pattern in the time the bus comes. Next time I might ask others who wait there if the bus has passed on the opposite site of the road.

Back in my room, I notice a serious love bite on my neck. This is the first time I have a love bite from a moneyboy, which leads to the question: Is a customer entitled to a discount if a moneyboys makes a lovebite on him? (In the USA, he could even sue the boy?) The other way round, a customer makes a love bite on a moneyboy, does this warrant a higher tip? (I wanted to ask these questions anyway, from a theoretical point of view, now reality has caught up.)

hello Christian-no, there is no pattern in nightbustimes, of course not, its the BMTA. As this route also serves DMK it can vary and sometimes they put on extra rides-only to/fro Vict.Monum. 59 also has nightbuses

About short-time rooms: of course there are:

on Silom in BBB-but i was told (and thats a long time ago) it was 500 bt for 2 or 3 hrs. Probably more now.

NIAGARA HTL-which is a litle away-all SprA boys know it- walkable-youll pas at least 4 7s etc to stock up-buy them a drink- or tuktuk. Cross Silom-beyond where BTS turns off, beyond silom Plaza-busstop-turn left into soi, pass graveyard-roads turns right and its in next turnoff. 280/380 bt for 2/3 hrs (2 hrs is not offered-have your boy ask for it)-which is obvious what tip is expected. has Tv with only str8 por and thai programs, condoms, (no lube, as i recall), often only cold wtr in shower/bath.

Also a clean white near hospital lookalike palce along Patpong-they dont care if its str8 or gay couple, but I had the feeling it was too easy to look inside. Close by the screwboys.

(BTW- I think that B was also favourably commented on in some other forum)

Regarding busses: yesterday I was waiting in Silom (bus stop near Sala Daeng) for bus 77, from 23:55 to 01:17, the longest time I ever waited for a bus. I had the impression these are more frequently than 29 (from Sam Yan), but I was wrong. About 00:25 a motorcycle driver told me bus 77 will pass between 01:10 and 01:20. I believed him and went on a stroll through Silom (I find walking more comfortable than standing or sitting on the curb/kerb stone) and came back 01:10. The bus was indeed in the time he indicated! Unfortunately, I was unable to get information about the next bus and the previous bus (He did not understand my question in English, and when I switched to Thai the bus was there). He even offered me a cigarette! Hard to believe, but there are decent Thai people around Silom.

Update on Super A

On Monday 15.07.2013, I went again. The boys recognized me and only Bee interrupted playing with his mobile phone to say hello. There were two other customers that night (according to Bee), I was his only customer this month. Orange juice 150 Baht. Mamasan tried the trick with the 10 Baht coin (first time I encountered this), she hold it under her thumb on the tray and obviously thought I cannot add 100 + 100 + 20 + 20 Baht (my bill was 150+200+400=750 Baht, 250 Baht change on 1000 Baht). Didn’t work!

I took Bee to the short time room above the bar. Again very satisfied, this time without love bite. He washed me in the shower, blotted me dry and even folded the underwear I brought for him to wear. During our interaction, I could not see any character flaws. This must be one of the elusive good boys blackbeard/jaafar sometimes writes about, the first (1) I encountered in four years of whoring through Bangkok, Pattaya and (to a lesser extend) Chiang Mai.

He has a girlfriend and it took him a lot of effort to get hard and ejaculate, so I assume he is straight (no problem for me).

He gets 100 Baht every day he is in the bar (working time 8pm to 2am), and goes to work and back by taxi, 60 Baht each. Now you can do the math, he is lacking 20 Baht each day to break even (and that would be before food and rent). These 20 Baht come from tips from customers (which I think is a bit difficult if there are only a hand full of customers and up to 9 boys in the bar). At least he now has a regular, I might even off him long time.

(1) There is a Laos boy in Toy Boys who has similar qualities but who is a heavy smoker. Interestingly, both boys have a black spot on their nose, at the same place.

He gets 100 Baht every day he is in the bar (working time 8pm to 2am), and goes to work and back by taxi, 60 Baht each. Now you can do the math, he is lacking 20 Baht each day to break even (and that would be before food and rent). These 20 Baht come from tips from customers (which I think is a bit difficult if there are only a hand full of customers and up to 9 boys in the bar).

This makes no sense. If he really earns so little and works a mere 6 hours per day, he should at least arrive by bus and save some of his cash.

If he really arrives by taxi, either he's clueless with finances, or he must have a fairly high average daily income from tips.

This makes no sense. If he really earns so little and works a mere 6 hours per day, he should at least arrive by bus and save some of his cash.

If he really arrives by taxi, either he's clueless with finances, or he must have a fairly high average daily income from tips.

and somehow pays for his mobile

Thai boy logic= live for

today, tomorrow you may die.

Farang logic= Save for a rainy

day, live for tomorrow.

Silly generalizations but makes

some sense of the different mindsets. :-)

There are lots of people in the West who are driving cars, living in homes and hiring prostitutes they can't afford so I wouldn't blame Thai logic entirely,

Thai boy logic= live for

today, tomorrow you may die.

....Silly generalizations but makes

some sense of the different mindsets. :-)

I hear this all the time and understand where the concept comes from; however, I believe it'd be a lot fairer if one suggested that a 25-year-old is pretty stupid with his money whereas a 50-70-year-old is hugely more conservative.  I have quite a few US nephews and nieces who are 18-30 years old and, believe you me, they seem (at least to me) to be totally into the "play and spend now as tomorrow you may die" mentality too.  To me, it's simply an age thing.

He has no mobile phone (I asked for his number).

I heard similar stories before (boys spending most of their money on taxi, instead of taking the bus), but this is the first I can quantify because I got all the numbers from him.

The rest of the day is spent by sleeping, cleaning room, watching TV, he told me.

Guest fountainhall

I believe it'd be a lot fairer if one suggested that a 25-year-old is pretty stupid with his money whereas a 50-70-year-old is hugely more conservative . . .  To me, it's simply an age thing.

I can understand Bob's premise, but I really do not agree with it as far as Thailand is concerned.

There is something in the Thai psyche - no doubt aided by its pretty dreadful education system - which renders it all but impossible to think through issues. Thais take a highly blinkered approach to many things in life and I believe the follies of youth are not the only reason for it. Take a number of examples –

1. The airport. 40 years in the planning, yet transport arrangements to and from are mostly left until it is about to open or after it has opened. Only weeks beforehand, you may recall, no motor vehicles and taxis were to be allowed within about 3 kms of the Terminal building. Passengers were to be dropped off/picked up there with a fleet of shuttle buses then ferrying them to/from the Terminal. This ridiculous idea was only dropped days before the opening after major protests from the business sector and passengers.

2. Airport Express. How many years since opening before it was up and running? Hong Kong's was up and running many months before its new airport actually opened. And the disaster at Makkasan? How many airlines now check you in there? Add to that, it's only in the last week or so that a proper pedestrian link has been opened for access to the MRT.

3. Another thread has dealt with the Hopewell Holdings fiasco and the plans for a huge transport infrastructure out to Don Mueang. Only problem: that was commenced without a feasibility study having been done! Sorry, only one of many problems!!

4. Rebate for new car purchase last year. Who thought that little idea through to assess the impact on roads, especially in Bangkok's already massively overcrowded road infrastructure?

5. How about the tablets for all schoolchildren by the start of the school year? Of course, someone thought it up, awarded contracts - and only then realised the contract could not be fulfilled! End result? There are still children waiting a year later for tablets which, we're told, many use mostly for games!

Think about it, and there are countless such examples on a micro and macro level. Sure, other countries get things wrong, too. But so many?

I can understand Bob's premise, but I really do not agree with it as far as Thailand is concerned.

Mixing a few apples and oranges there.  While I can agree with you with respect to the apparent/obvious stupidity of Thai government actions/inactions, my comments were directed at the noted recklessness (at least to us older folk) of Thai youth with their money.  I suppose one could argue that a lousy education also has something to do with their attitude (as well as the inefficiencies of the Thai government) but I still believe age is the biggest factor.

To be honest, most (but not all) falang visitors to Thailand really don't know much about Thais outside the various bar venues.  The bar kids typically come from a background where they never had anything to save and it's quite understandable (at least to me) that they come to the big city, earn a few bucks (well, more than they've ever had before), and immediately spend it on mobile phones and the other toys they've always wanted and that their new bar friends already have.  And I suppose it's a fair way to try to impress friends and family back home in the sticks. But they're young, foolish, invincible, and, as far as I'm concerned, not all that different from a lot of the young kids in the west. 

Guest fountainhall

I accept that younger people in many countries are generally far less concerned with their longer-term future than those who have a few decades behind them. But I stand by my view that there is something in the Thai psyche - affecting all generations - that renders thinking situations through either difficult, to be avoided or just plain a waste of time. Mai pen rai! It will take care of itself.

I have done enough business with Thais and Thai companies over 3 decades to know that it is certainly not just something that afflicts government agencies and projects. You can find it all over the private sector (if the parts I have dealt with are any indication). Supposedly bright, university-educated individuals near the top of the corporate tree are just as prone to this as are those nearer the bottom of the ladder. 

I suspect there is a mixture of reasons - the education system, respect for elders, walking away from rather than tackllng issues head on, loss of face, and so on. But it is definitely there in a big way!