TotallyOz

Did the Bitch Board Get Bitch Slapped?

I can't see any mention of the Royal Thai Police on the Bitchboard page.

I've not heard of them before but perhaps the prefix 'Royal' might be a clue? Or it could be more or less meaningless, like Britain's RAC, the Royal Automobile Club. . . (now a wholly owned subsidiary of a private equity firm!).

The webpage could not be found: explanation:-

This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.

We've seen many an incarnation of these bitchy forums, it seems the antics off-screen are even more lurid and destructive than the gobs of vile spleen spewed forth in ever spiralling quantities.

I see no harm in the concept of a gay bitch forum, afterall some moderators and many posters take their own self-importance far too seriously, so to puncture a few bloated egos from time to time for the amusement of their feeble-minded readers (of which I am one!!) is fairly harmless provided it is done in the right spirit. Once personal vendettas take over then a bitch board thus infected becomes a virulent waste of time IMO.

I viewed the mentioned site's free-for-all forum a few times and, frankly, was actually a bit embarrassed to have even done that.  I didn't see much of what I would call rational or normal adult behavior but, rather, sophomoric/sociopathic rants for the most part.

If somebody truly deep-sixed and/or blocked that site, good!

Its the product of a very disturbed sick person.

Posters on this forum don't escape his wrath, including

Michael and fountainhall ret.

No doubt I will join the hate list after this.

Unfortunately, help for the sociopaths and narcistic

personality disorders isn't easily found but the cure

for us is to to ignore and pity the pathetic buzzards.

The Royal Thai Police? Wow.....that's crazy!!!!!

Surfcrest

Maybe crazy, but here is the explanation given by the site owner:

Mr Surfcunt ordered his tech guy to crash our site and then 12 hours later ordered his tech guy to tell us what he did and how to fix it.

I know Koko was just copying what was written, but (despite my mild 'go at them') moderators, doing as they do sticking their heads above the parapet, ought not to have to suffer the indignity of crude variations on their screen names. It smacks to me rather too much of the school playground and silly adolescent obsessions with anal and genital body parts.

Guest surfcrest

Well, we all know who Koko is quoting...and so I take that as a compliment.

The correct version of events can be found here

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2201941

The technical resource for the ThailandBitchBoard, is one of 4 individuals banned from Sawatdee-Gay-Thailand. He came to our web-site, under a different membership, went to a member’s only area of our forum and copied files from our board. He then took these files, modified their content and posted them on the ThailandBitchBoard on Tuesday October 1st. The individual who stole the files forgot that his member name appears on the files he stole, by being the only member online in that forum. Clearly, this is not so much a case of a “hacking”, as the support team says “That is why the instructions in the Knowledge Base article, where the script probably came from, say to delete it”….but rather stupidity. If you’re going to come over and steal my lawnmower….you should at least close your garage door.

From a karma perspective, considering that we also assisted in resolving their issues, the post remains on their site with the stolen files. You would think they have learned, from this exercise…but they have not. They should be thanking us for exposing how vulnerable their site is.

Some people have made some pretty good points in this thread already and I’m not here to bring you into our disagreement with the owner of the ThailandBitchBoard.

What I will say, is that I worry about our community and the future of Gay Thailand forums and message boards. The ThailandBitchBoard has now, on several occasions printed the complete names and have posted photographs of people within the community.

Everyone here may be here for different reasons and where we come from and who we are is our own very private business. Who knows what each of our individual circumstances is, in respect to our jobs, our family, the community we live in and what impact having our personal identity exposed would have on each of our personal lives.

I believe the risk of posting on any board, including this board as williewillie correctly pointed out, of becoming a target for the ThailandBitchBoard is what has driven many members from all of the different boards away…including my own.

What we have, is an individual who does not fit into the community, who is using all his resources to destroy the community…our community, in spite.

The sole source of his influence and power is by the virtue of us going over there and reading to see if and what he is saying about us. As we have seen with the destruction of CruisingGayThailand, our best defence against him and what it is that he has done….is to ignore him.

…and if a few wrenches need to get thrown into their engine…just to speed the cause, so be it!

Surfcrest