Guest Jabnp

My First Thai Boyfriend

I've been dating my Thai BF for 6 months now. He is the first Thai BF I ever had. I've had other Asian BFs before and this guy is different than others I've dated. I am learning a lot about the differences between Thai and Farang culture. One thing I can't understand is when I bring up the subject of sex. He calls me a pervert when I bring it up. And when we do have sex he NEVER gets off. Not even once. Is this typical of Thai guys?

So if he doesn't seem typical during sex, how about other shared intimacies? Is he a generally affectionate guy, for example does he enjoy kissing, holding hands, having a cuddle, and generally enjoying sharing his times with you. How do you get on in other ways, for example do you argue or bicker, or is he always sweet-natured and loving? I could go on and on in an effort to get a feel for how your relationship is going, but maybe you don't want that, fair enough, you simply asked if your bf was typical, and you've got your answer. But if you want us to comment further, at least as far as I am concerned, I need to know more. Up to you if you want to tell us.

He is actually very affectionate. We kiss a lot, cuddle at home, hold hands (even in public)  and we spend a lot of time together. We have never argued or fought about anything in any way. He is very sweet natured kind of guy. I am very laid back kind of guy. I don't force anything on him that would make him uncomfortable. So, far there isn't anything that made him feel that way. We both communicate with each other very well. We are both early 40's in age. Things have been going awesome so far. I know about Thai being covered up in bathroom...guess a modesty kind of thing. I strut around naked sometimes and he goes eeewww and then laugh. He is definitely gay as he stated no interest in female at all. His last BF was about 15 years ago. Between that time no one serious as we are now.

I am just hung up on this little thing. I ask about him jerking off when I am not there because every guy does that and he calls me pervert 

I can't figure it out.

So he calls you a "pervert" (does he understand how strong this word is in English?) and never gets off. Sounds very strange, especially as sex is such a powerful expression of love and he seems to be reticent to express that towards you.  And it is hardly a "little thing" - I imagine in a relationship based on love, it would be a HUGE thing.

Have you ever asked him why he can't get off?

Are you sure he's gay, and not just saying that? And is there money involved?  If he is secretly straight and there is money involved, then maybe he will do the simple stuff (kissng, etc) but find it impossible to be turned on to the point of being able to cum.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”

Soren Kierkegaard

Just a thought.

Not at all sure what to say about the sex thing, but I know this about my relationship with my boyfriend of 50 months. We never seem to have any problems about our age differences, but when we are at loggerheads it is over the differences in our cultural outlook, and background. 

Guest buckbee
We are both early 40's in age

The Thai BF is in his 40s so he's a mature guy and probably not in it for the money, so there is maybe some other underlying issue. My suggestion is to try to work it out through talking and try to find out the real problem. Thais don't like to talk about personal issues and hold things in, so hopefully he will open up to you over time as the relationship develops and blossoms

I had a Thai friend who was so scared of the sea. I knew him for years but he would never tell me why. Eventually he told me after many years that he saw a friend who came very close to drowning in the sea and they had to resuscitate him. So the BF could have had a bad experience with sex when he was younger that's affecting him still today

When you say he "NEVER gets off" do you mean he never wanks himself or he never cums?

Agree with Koko. A troll windup post if I ever saw one ... all the right ingredients.

Trolls always  make for an interesting case study, that is why they are trolls. They get off on others inability to see their trolling.

Ok, some of you are getting off by claiming to've spotted the latest troll. 

As for all of us being dunces until up popped some bright spark on TBB, I cannot've been the only one whose first reaction to reading the OP was to hit the report button (so recently advocated by the appropriately-named Snoopy, although to be fair reporting a possible troll post is hardly the most pressing thing a moderator might encounter) - but just like in the Cuban missile crisis I took my finger off the button.

I'm with those who've taken the OP at face value and contributed as best they could. No egg on our faces if the doom-mongers are proved right, so what if he's getting off on all this - boy! that'd be some irony in view of his bf's not at all typical difficulties . . .

Troll or not, no one is going to get thrown off without clear evidence. Not from here, anyway.

That leaves the option of the IGNORE facility.

1 Click on your own user name above the forum.

2 Click "Manage Ignore Preferences"

3 Type the members name in the box at the bottom

4 Tick all the boxes.

5 Click Save Changes

I cannot've been the only one whose first reaction to reading the OP was to hit the report button (so recently advocated by the appropriately-named Snoopy, although to be fair reporting a possible troll post is hardly the most pressing thing a moderator might encounter) - 

Public apology time!

I inadvertently referred to Scooby as . . .  well it's there for all to see.

Obviously, even though I'm not American, Charles M. Schulz has a lot to answer for . . .

post-8358-0-14768000-1385331821_thumb.gif

Guest buckbee

Who cares, it doesn't matter if its fact or fiction, its still an interesting case study as I wrote above. Many members have been helpful in giving advice and this serves as useful info for anyone reading this who has a similar situation