Guest joseph44

Songkran at Silom (BKK)

Guest joseph44

My boyfriend "under construction" is a Facebook- en Camfrog-addict. Basically no problem, because that's how we met in the first place. 

He will come to Pattaya to stay with me for a "try out" on the 4th of this month, but he has the plan of going to Silom on the 15th to celebrate Songkran on his own because his Facebook-, Camfrog- and whatever friends don't want any farang-boyfriend around.

I'm a bit weary of letting him go on his own, since I'd like to experience Songkran at Silom too and to be honest......I don't trust the true intentions of those so called "friends".

Question is: Who has experience with the Songkran Celebrations at Silom and should I join my boyfriend or just let him go on his own?

No one can really answer that one except yourself I fear. I know a lot of thai guys do all go with their friends and have a great time partying with their friends all quite innocently on Silom during Songkran and likewise I know a few hot young guys also go to Silom and Soi 4 etc to and have a great time too with some fun farang friends as well.

So, I guess your question isn't so much as about whether he should go alone or not but one more about whether you trust him trust or not and or whether you want to try and control him ( and good luck with that if you think you are good enough to try las many before you have tried and failed and only given themselves an ulcer whilst doing so).  

My view on such things is if he's going to cheat he's going to cheat and NO amount of watching or checking by you will ever catch him out (in time) or stop it if that's what he's intent on doing, so you'd either decide no, you can't live with that risk and just dump him now and be done with it and so avoid all that stress and pressure you've ( brought on yourself) with you wrecking your own head TRYING to check up on him all the time OR you just mentally accept whatever will be will be and stop that whole thought process going on in your brain and let him get on with whatever he's going to do and let the dice fall where it may.

Meanwhile you'll having a much more enjoyable time with him and he'll probably end up be a much better boyfriend to you as he feels more relaxed and appreciative that you're not some crazed jealous farang stalker out to check his every move the whole time - and hey it he cheats he cheats so you're no worse off really. Plus if it's only asking for one day to enable him to head out with his mates on a Thai national holiday you can't "really" blame the guy perhaps, especially if there is a but of an age difference between you and him or his mates, so maybe that's not too much for him to ask ?

And don't forget that you can always tell him that you in fact have decided to head to Silom YOURSELF for your own fun that weekend too and hey you guess you never know you just might or might not just see him around somewhere but you hope he has a good day !!  :-) 

Oh and just in case you're thinking its all a mad sex fest that he's wanting to escape to it's not - as the pic attached shows - mind you, when it's farang and maybe 2000 hot and wet and horny Thai guys all wanting to stroke your face and play with you with water and paint in Soi 4, yeah I GUESS maybe one could call that a bit of a sex fun fest after all perhaps lol - well at least for most of the farang in attendance anyway perhaps !

post-13508-0-48030200-1396315164_thumb.jpg

Guest joseph44

Thanks for the extensive answer NIrishguy.

It's not that I don't trust my BF, it's more that I have strong doubts about the cyber-friends he is going to meet..........if they are the friends I think they are (from Camfrog) then they are pretty twisted. 

But basically you're right........although I told him that I would go to celebrate Songkran in BoyzTown on the 19th with farang only.....no Thai boyfriends needed you should have seen his respsonse.

I think I'll just let him go....I may be bored, exhausted or drunk within an hour anyway  :good:

Thanks again. 

Guest joseph44

You are right, let him go to BKK for Songkran, few day of break may actually be good for you , him and your relationship. Each part will have a chance to see how much he missed another ' half '

Glad that you've read my post thoroughly........if i need a break after being 10 days together, it's time to say goodbye forever :)

If your boyfriend doesn't want you to join him in Silom, for whatever reason, chances are that you won't have a good time if you just tag along ignoring his wishes.

If there's one place in Bangkok where many Thais celebrate Songkran with their farang friends or special ones (let alone farang strangers), it surely must be Silom, so his reasoning comes across as pretty peculiar. If he wouldn't want you to be around when he celebrates Songkran with his family or friends in his own neighborhood, that would make much more sense.

That said, I've experienced Songkran in Silom many times and - leaving the boyfriend question aside for a while - I'd recommend it, it's really fun if you're into water battles.

Guest joseph44

If your boyfriend doesn't want you to join him in Silom, for whatever reason, chances are that you won't have a good time if you just tag along ignoring his wishes.

If there's one place in Bangkok where many Thais celebrate Songkran with their farang friends or special ones (let alone farang strangers), it surely must be Silom, so his reasoning comes across as pretty peculiar. If he wouldn't want you to be around when he celebrates Songkran with his family or friends in his own neighborhood, that would make much more sense.

That said, I've experienced Songkran in Silom many times and - leaving the boyfriend question aside for a while - I'd recommend it, it's really fun if you're into water battles.

Well Alexx, I booked a hotel near Silom 4, we will go to the Silom-ordeal together, where i probably join him for a couple of or maybe just one hour and then our ways might split; he and his friends and me with all the goodies around........I bet he'll watch my back like "little" brother. 

Guest Hereforme2

It's not that I don't trust my BF(quote)joseph44

Sounds like this is indeed the problem, if all was ok it would be natural to want to share the experience with you.

From my recollections the big days on Silom are the 13th and 14th... and 15th is a bit of a wind down in terms of Songkran?

So have no idea why he would want to go there on the 15th and not earlier!

BTW i suggest you either find a new BF or get him to find new friends as there is no way i would let my BF or his friends "permit or "deny" my rights to attend any event with him (beyond religious)

he has the plan of going to Silom on the 15th to celebrate Songkran on his own because his Facebook-, Camfrog- and whatever friends don't want any farang-boyfriend around....I don't trust the true intentions of those so called "friends".

I told him that I would go to celebrate Songkran in BoyzTown on the 19th with farang only.....no Thai boyfriends needed you should have seen his respsonse.

I think you and your "boyfriend under construction" deserve each other!

bkkguy