Guest imkeev

Gay / Gogo Clubbing Area

I am scheduled to visit starting June 18.

I will monitor the situation but I see no reason to cancel. Most of my time is in Pattaya and they have returned to normal with no curfews.

I usually spend a few days in BKK at the endif the month and I will make a decision on that closer to the date.

The only worry I have is if the airport was taken over again. I just don't think the Army will allow that fiasco to take place again.

Besides all those cute boys need money!!!

Your is voice of reason and wisdom. Hope we will be treated with trip report from time to time.

firecat69, happy to hear you are venturing back to Thailand.  The compulsory reading of your reports and pictures will again become a must do.( if you continue to do them)

Looking forward to them !!!.

The Army has better things to do than secure the airport; last night their mission was to secure Sunee Plaza.

Were you one of the guys in the line asking to be handcuffed? :)

Besides all those cute boys need money!!!

That's certainly true, and judging by your history, they can count on you! And we can look forward to your reports, hopefully you'll have a great trip again. :)

I've cancelled my planned trip to Bali and will be heading off to Pattaya soon. I am also a little worried about the airport closing but it seems the army would not stand aside this time and let that happen. Here's hoping, anyway.

With the curfew lifted surely all the bars will be back to normal and the fun will continue as usual. If the curfew is still in place in Bangkok I'll give it a miss and stay in Pattaya.

The upside of all of this is that it will be quick to clear Immigration (I walked straight through back in April, as many were scared off by the political shenanigans going on at the time) and there will be fewer customers in the bar, so more guys for me!...lol

I must remember to visit Toyboys and Funnyboys this time. They are always a lot of fun.

BTW some of the guys here have posted very interesting and detailed reports about South America. If only it wasn't so far! Vinapu, what's the gay scene like in Turkey?? I've always wanted to go there but have never gotten around to it. I might make the effort if there's a good gay scene there.

Vinapu, what's the gay scene like in Turkey?? I've always wanted to go there but have never gotten around to it. I might make the effort if there's a good gay scene there.

sorry for disappointing you but while I love Turkey for sights I was not pursuing gay scene there so can't help you much.

Although I was visibly cruised on the open air market at the entry to Istanbul University but guy was not  my type at all so missed that opportunity

Guest imkeev

Guys, need to ask something. I'm going to Babylon for the foam party during my visit at Bangkok. So.. is it alright if I go alone to Babylon? Just afraid that I might be all alone all night long at the Babylon and since this is my first time to go there, I might be lost going there and back to the hotel. 

Going alone is fine. I always go alone to saunas, because I think their purpose is to find company (if I have company, I go to a room). If you don't find company, there is still time to go to Silom (Babylon empties from 9 pm and closes around 10 pm).

As a newcomer, unless you stay in the area and can walk, it's best to go by taxi.

As a newcomer, unless you stay in the area and can walk, it's best to go by taxi.

Other acceptable options for newcomers include combinations of the Skytrain, the MTS, buses and walking.

To use buses, you either need a Bangkok map that has bus routes printed on it (probably available in your home country), or a good internet connection. I've used both methods with success. 

Joining the locals on a bus is much more satisfying than dealing with the type of people who drive taxis.

Other acceptable options for newcomers include combinations of the Skytrain, the MTS, buses and walking.

all four moods of transport above are best for eye candy. 

But to go from Babylon to Silom at night I second Christian's suggestion - take taxi. It's not far but not particularly interesting

To use buses, you either need a Bangkok map that has bus routes printed on it (probably available in your home country), or a good internet connection. I've used both methods with success. 

Joining the locals on a bus is much more satisfying than dealing with the type of people who drive taxis.

My favorite Bangkok bus map (and I have had a look at all that are available):

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/01/bangkok-bus-guide.html

I have not seen Bangkok bus maps anywhere outside Thailand.

Apart from a few spots where taxi drivers refuse to use the meter, I have no complaints about taxi drivers. Standing in a full bus without aircon in traffic jam is no pleasure, but usually bus rides are fine, and I rarely take taxi any more now. I would not recommend buses for newcomers.

I can only agree. Mind you that most Bangkokians who use the buses wouldn't do so if they had other options; it does get old pretty quickly.

And for a newcomer who cannot read and speak Thai in particular, there's also the problem that certain bus routes have several "mutations" sharing the same number. Depending on the color of the sign or on an extra sign they might hang from the window or a midway announcement by the conductor, this could mean that they take the highway and omit certain stops, or turn around before the usual end of the line. Oh, and sometimes these buses break down, too. That's when it looks like someone has parked them in the worst possible places, to aggravate traffic jams on busy roads.

I can only agree. Mind you that most Bangkokians who use the buses wouldn't do so if they had other options; it does get old pretty quickly.

one of my little non-boy Bangkok  pleasures is to jump on the bus a random and see where it takes me, 

if goes somewhere out of way there's always taxi to return back to known areas

I have not seen Bangkok bus maps anywhere outside Thailand.

I would not recommend buses for newcomers.

I have a 2006 version of the map shown in the attached link.   It's clearly not a bus map, but it does show quite a few bus routes & I have used it for navigating around the city.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bangkok-Greater-nel-map-Banglamphoo/dp/3865740871/ref=dp_ob_title_bk

Perhaps most newcomers won't use the buses, but I used buses during my first visit to Bangkok, plus some other Asian cities including Hanoi, Danang & Saigon. 

one of my little non-boy Bangkok  pleasures is to jump on the bus a random and see where it takes me, 

if goes somewhere out of way there's always taxi to return back to known areas

I always do this when in Europe and agree it is fun and a great way to see things you would never

find.  The only time it went wrong was when I took a bus in Utrecht and it got on the freeway to Nieuwegein.  Definitely further then I wanted to go.  However, the buses and riders are much better in Europe.

Guest imkeev

I did a lil check-up in the net and decided not to go to Farose Sauna. Instead, planning to go to HERO. A yes? Or a No?

And btw, is it alright to go to Babylon during weekdays? Anything going on there during that time? When is the good time for me to go there? :)

I did a lil check-up in the net and decided not to go to Farose Sauna. Instead, planning to go to HERO. A yes? Or a No?

And btw, is it alright to go to Babylon during weekdays? Anything going on there during that time? When is the good time for me to go there? :)

Comparing Farose to Hero doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, so maybe a better question would be if Babylon or Farose will suit you better, as far as gay saunas are concerned. If you don't speak Thai and aren't comfortable to interact with scores of Thai guys who haven't necessarily had a lot of interaction with foreigners before, if any, you'd be far better off at Babylon. In a nutshell, the Farose saunas and many others like them are mostly for locals, and Babylon is the one sauna most popular with visitors. As a first timer, I'd definitely go to Babylon instead of Farose.

Late afternoon / early evening is the best time for Babylon on weekdays. How crowded it gets might change quite a bit from one day to the next, so while it's usually busier during weekends, you'll just have to give it a shot. :)

Hero or Farose, that's comparing apples with bananas.

I don't think Hero is a must, but there are many who swear by that place (I went only once, and just for drink and a look). But if you are into muscular boys and luxury (read: expensive), you will like it.

Hero is a massage place where you pay for massage (and maybe more), Farose is a sauna. Actually 2 saunas, Farose 1 in Saphan Khwai and Farose 2 in Ramkhamhaeng. I wouldn't recommend any of them for newcomers. Farose 1 was dirty and dilapidated when I visited some years ago. Farose 2 is comparable in size to Babylon, but far out and mainly Thai.

Another significant difference: Babylon empties around 9 pm and closes around 10 pm, Farose gets busy from 11 pm and highest activity is around midnight to 1 am. I made a detailed post here:

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2013/11/farose-2-sauna-ramkhamhaeng.html