lilbob69

Pattaya accommodation ideas (apartments) ??

Hi Guys

I've been staying at Mosaik apartments on my last few trips. Unfortunately this time around they are booked out (late Jan 2015 for 13 nights)

I'm looking for something similar to Mosaik, ideally in South Pattaya (but not essential)

The following would be on my wish list:

1 bedroom

Guest / gay friendly 

Kitchen (microwave,kettle, big fridge)

free wifi - essential

Cable TV

Balcony

Can anyone suggested some nice places (especially interested if you have stayed there)

Hoping to pay similar price to Mosaik (I think that was 1800Baht per night last time for an 85sqm place)

Quote "Unfortunately this time around they are booked out late Jan for 13 nights" (sorry, not sure about quote function yet)

With regard to Mosaik they don't usually offer alternative dates or even sometimes alternative rooms when replying to precise enquiries, have you tried asking for dates starting a couple of days either way (or maybe you have done so already or you don't have flexibility to do so). Also not sure what type of apartment you asked for, 1 Bed Deluxe? maybe they have 1 bed Prestige available which are situated in Block F (and while more expensive are beautifully appointed and spacious) and they didn't offer?  

I have just returned from a stay there and after returning home, immediatly booked a flight for late Jan/Feb, I contacted Mosaik about a possible date in Feb and even though both Nong and Nop in reception know me very well, the email came back 'fully booked' (although they did offer an alternative room type).  

However I replied asking if there were any dates free at all for the specific room I wanted during February, and there was availability for my duration from 4 days earlier than my original enquiry which was ok for me, and so booked.

Just a thought based on my experience, but wondering if another email to Mosaik is worth it, asking if there are date/room alternatives if you have any flexibility.

Guest anonone

Good advice from Newalaan.  I have run into the exact same situation.  After the same advice from NIrish, I sent another email and they had a slightly different room type available for me. 

Re I reaffirm what both New alan and Anonone have said above, it still amazes me that Nop etc in Mosaik do this.

Even this very trip coming I have to go through the same "fully booked" rigmarole FOUR times with them, going all the way from "sorry, room not available" to "sorry no room available for dates you want" to "sorry hotel fully booked we very busy"etc, whereupon I was starting to take it personally lol - when all the while he meant "sorry the specific room you asked for isn't free on just ONE of the days ( out of two weeks) that you'd suggested but i can move either you or him elsewhere for that one day if you're happy with that - or just move you to exactly the same style of room but just next door to the one you wanted for the full dates you need" - but NONE of this info was forthcoming from Nop or Nong and only knowing what i know about their thought process had over several emails to tease this information out of him and when we finally worked it all out and I said "Nop just like last time why didn't you just tell me this all at the start and save us both all this emailing drama" to which he simply replied " I did, I say room not available"  Grrrrr  

This has now happened on about 4 of my last trips and I've ALWAYS ended up getting the exact room I needed for the dates I wanted ( after several emails back and forth though) so I would definitely suggest you keep trying or better still just give them a call and save all the to and fro typing craziness ! :-(  

Here's their number for handiness for you......+66 38 723 667   - although I seem to recall when you ring their voice mail system says "for english press one" DONT !!  as when you do it sends you to straight to voicemail, when i advised them of this I was told "yes because when manager not here no one speak english" ( even though I was ringing during their working day) so, just let it go on through their phone process without pressing anything and Nop ( who speaks perfectly good english should answer !  

( TIT, ya got love them...... or NOT lol ! ) 

Out of interest do let us know how you got on and if you got sorted out by them in the end perhaps so others know to follow suit in the future perhaps !?

Try Yensabai Condos, Pattaya Rent a Room.

http://pattayarentaroom.com/

With Yensaibai Condo enforcing their over 20 y.o. rule for Thai guests, many will find Yensaibai overly strict with their

rules. Also very strict about Thais having ID cards, as well. The hag that rules the condo is a

nightmare and gets in your face with little provocation.

Nirish, I share your frustration, but I don't bother with "but why didn't you tell me earlier..." routine...it is pointless and gains nothing for you or them, in fact may work against you. You just have to accept the system there as it is and make those emails asking for alternatives, they can't read minds of what 'might' be acceptable for you, me or anyone else. The key is actually knowing that you have to do it to get a possible room/time re-match. On saying that because I book 2-3 months ahead it is very rarely they don't have the room or dates I ask for, it only happens Jan/Feb for obvious reasons. I like the laid back attitude at Mosaik and with it comes a laid back attitude to renting out rooms.

I know they have enquiries coming in thick and fast and I suppose if they did they did try to make 'alternative' offers for every enquiry they would spend half their lives trying to accommodate, I can't think of any UK hotel nowadays who offer alternatives if the dates you have asked for are not available.  

The other thing about Mosaik is that they seem perfectly happy to leave 1,2 or even more days between customers, they leave at least a whole working day between rents to allow for cleaning etc..where most places get the place ready between customers check-out and check-in on the same day, thus you are allowed to check out any time during your leaving day up to when they close reception. They just don't seem concerned to rent out every possible minute/hour/day, often this is to your advantage,even my last trip I changed plans and wanted to arrive a day or two earlier than booked...yes no problem.

Last Feb they were so booked up with short peroid stays I had only managed to get a deluxe unit which is the smallest we will take, on arrival they had re-let my room and simply upgraded us to a much larger unit for the same price. 

Back to the question of alternatives, I just noted the OP said South Pattaya not essential, if Jomtien is acceptable I would have no hesitation in recommending East Suites. Their rooms are very spacious and their largest room is 100 sq/m. All rooms with large balconies and floor to ceiling sliding doors the whole width of the wall. They have 30/40/50 sqm units but the 60sqm units are a very reasonable Bt1450 per night, the 100 sqm is Bt1650, they have small kitchen area with kettle/microwave/sink/big fridge, free WiFi and are furnished to the same high standard as Mosaik, nice beds, sofas and décor. I stayed there twice this year for short stays (3 nights) and plan to again at the start of my next trip Jan/Feb.   

With Yensaibai Condo enforcing their over 20 y.o. rule for Thai guests, many will find Yensaibai overly strict with their

rules. Also very strict about Thais having ID cards, as well. The hag that rules the condo is a

nightmare and gets in your face with little provocation.

I don't know if you are parroting what was posted on another board but there has been no change in Yensabai Condo guest policy. The only official notice is posted behind the security desk that guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult, parent, family member with a Thai ID. I have friends who live at Yensabai that bring boys under the age of 20 back to their rooms regularly (does last night count?). Yes, the hag, bitch, Dragon lady interferes with staff, security and residents have no kind words for her meddling but my friends bring guests under 20 during the day and evening hours. Boys must leave their Id's with security.

I have a friend who lives in Yensaibai. He told me Last NIGHT that there a large sign concerning the 20 y.o not allowed

unless with birth parent. Rooms are all small and clearly not what the author of this thread wanted.

I'm not going to argue, you have your friend, I have mine.

I wouldn't stay at Yensaibai. The dragon lady is enough reason.

Yes, you have your friend and I have mine. Since I don't want to dispense incorrect information I will go personally, visit and get the facts. Yensabai has just been renovated and yes the studios are small 32 sqm( I believe) but one can get a one bed room unit for about the same price as Mosaic, and Yensabai has a pool. Residence Garden was nice when it opened 12 years ago but my reports say it needs tlc now.

Nirish, I share your frustration, but I don't bother with "but why didn't you tell me earlier..." routine...it is pointless and gains nothing for you or them, in fact may work against you....................thus you are allowed to check out any time during your leaving day up to when they close reception. 

Don't Worry New Allaan, I totally agree with you and am careful to have that conversation in a nice joking way for exactly the reasons you state and Nop and I have laughed at the "why you not tell me, I did, ok it's me who's a little ting tong then obviously" type conversation.

I also agree with you re their not rushing you out of the rooms and like yourself I have benefited greatly from VERy late check out  - like 10pm etc ( after settling up in the afternoon of course) and that is one of things I value when staying there if on an early morning flight back home, mind you I never have to worry about clearing my room as the staff are always there ( at my request) to help themselves to the pluck from my fridge as I never yet have mastered buying "just enough" and leave enough snack food, chocolate, beer, spirits and god knows what else enough to feed a small army and TOILET rolls, don't start me about toilet rolls, it's the bane on my life there, I buy several large packs ( just in case as I can't be bothered shopping for them often, using hardly any, leave a mountain of them ( which is fine) until I come back and there's ONE miserable toilet roll lol - I reckon by now I must have run up enough toilet roll credit that they could at least leave me a few spare rolls back at LEAST ! :-)    

Thanks for all the replies guys

I have emailed Mosaik asking about other rooms, I had originally asked about the 85sqm room, but am quite happy with any of the 1 bed suites. I do have some flexibility in my date range so that will be my next email to Mosaik. Hopefully they get back to me soon.

In the meantime I'll be checking out some of the other ideas posted here. I had a look at about 60 different places on airbnb last night. I found a couple of nice apartments, but they all have eager owners/managers that like to drop in and say hello. I'm sure this is appreciated by some but I kind of like my privacy.

I don't know if you are parroting what was posted on another board but there has been no change in Yensabai Condo guest policy. The only official notice is posted behind the security desk that guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult, parent, family member with a Thai ID. I have friends who live at Yensabai that bring boys under the age of 20 back to their rooms regularly (does last night count?). Yes, the hag, bitch, Dragon lady interferes with staff, security and residents have no kind words for her meddling but my friends bring guests under 20 during the day and evening hours. Boys must leave their Id's with security.

I don't want to belabor this point but I think it is only fair that prospective residents and guests no what is the security policy. I took this picture today by the security desk(beware the long tentacles of the FBI, 555)

post-374-0-54178200-1415340128_thumb.jpg

Well very happy to say that, after a few emails back and forth, Mosaik have come through with an apartment for the exact dates I first requested. (Thanks Newalaan and NIrishGuy for your comments - I would have given up on them after the 1st email)

I think I will go and have a look at East suites while I'm visiting this time. I had talked myself into to staying there prior to Mosaik coming good. They look pretty good on the web and Google street view shows some interesting places around the Jomtien complex etc..

Accommodation Booked -- Check

Tickets Booked -- Check

Travel Insurance --- Check

Thanks for all the replies.

When I book a ticket for train, staff at the desk often turns the monitor so I can see which times and classes are free. Such information is best communicated visually (in a table: time / class / number of vacancies).

For hotel booking, their website should show a similar table: date / room type / number of vacancies, so prospective customers can have a look. On the other hand, this information could be considered business secret, hence you have to go through a lengthy email exchange to get part of this information that you could get with a one-second-look at this table. I am sure staff has such a table on paper posted somewhere for quick reference.

I don't want to belabor this point but I think it is only fair that prospective residents and guests no what is the security policy. I took this picture today by the security desk(beware the long tentacles of the FBI, 555)

nothing wrong with such warning and a policy, never mind spelling of signatures

Guest anonone

When I book a ticket for train, staff at the desk often turns the monitor so I can see which times and classes are free. Such information is best communicated visually (in a table: time / class / number of vacancies).

For hotel booking, their website should show a similar table: date / room type / number of vacancies, so prospective customers can have a look. On the other hand, this information could be considered business secret, hence you have to go through a lengthy email exchange to get part of this information that you could get with a one-second-look at this table. I am sure staff has such a table on paper posted somewhere for quick reference.

During my last stay at Mosaik, I went down and spoke with Nop directly to arrange a room for a future trip.  That was a much easier way to accomplish the reservation.  I even took a walk with Nop to the exact room I will be occupying so I could check it out. 

I am not always going to be able to do the reservation so far in advance, but when I know the dates and I want to stay at Mosaik, I agree in person in a much easier process.