Nikom

UP2 Beauty and Hair Salon

Guest Promsak

Has anyone used the UP2 Beauty and Hair Salon on Rama IV? 

I have always used Cutey and Beauty but they are not answering any emails and I see that they are for sale!

Thanks

I always use them.

Very cute stylist named Luck and assistant looking after manicures etc.

Discount with Balcony card.

Beware -- closed on Sundays (or I was unlucky on the Sunday that I tried last month).

Good.   Presumably they can cut the hair as requested (in English) then?

A few years ago, I received a dreadful middle age Thai male style haircut in Pattaya.  Google image does not have any examples of such a naff cut, however think almost as bad as Kim Jong Un.  That took a long time to grow out.

Since then I have taken much more care. 

On the next holiday, I didn't get a haircut until finding a shop in Chiang Mai with many styling pictures in the window, so it was "like that please".....

Cutey and Beauty cut it as requested, so I usually go there at the start of the holiday.. 

What is a number one crop?

The number refers to the clipper used for the cut  Numbers 1 - 6 with number 1 being the shortest like the guy in the photograph I've had my hair cut like that for many years now - it saves me a fortune on combs :)

Number one crop.

post-14901-0-01026800-1422637243_thumb.jpg

Went past Cutey and Beauty yesterday and they are still open for business as usual, will be booking myself in for some treatment early in the week.

Guest Promsak

I have a technique for shopping in Thailand when I think that language might be a problem.

I take a photo on my mobile or call up a Google image and photograph that. Then show it in the shop.

The same would work for haircuts --- when you've had a really good haircut, here or at home, take some 360 degree selfies.

No language problem.

Certainly Luck in Up2 understand numbers 1 and 1 and needs no such help.

The number refers to the clipper used for the cut  Numbers 1 - 6 with number 1 being the shortest like the guy in the photograph I've had my hair cut like that for many years now - it saves me a fortune on combs :)

Number one crop.

attachicon.gifNumber One.jpg

Oh, ok. I refer to it as a #1 Buzz. But after a #1 I sure don't look like the guy in the photo! More like a monk.

For haircuts I don't have a preference for the gay shops, I just go to a cheap barber shop in Soi Suan Phlu, 80 baht for a well done haircut. Mine is not so difficult and I like it rather short, so not sure how they would do with more complicated, longer- hair hairdos. 

I have used UP2 many times, though, for their waxing service, which for obvious reasons I want to have done by a guy and preferably in a gay environment. This is for waxing the crotch, which they do very well and very professionally (done by eithe Vee or Eak, both nice and professional guys speaking English (Vee is actually Burmese, who usually speak much better English than Thais for historical reasons) See http://www.uptoyouandsalon.com/team.html for pictures of the team. Cost 400 baht. And if you wonder: by far not as painful as you might think ;-)

Dropped into Cutey and Beauty to get some waxing done and to have a manicure, great service (and some cute guys too) at a reasonable price.