Guest adri77

Advice for my trip

Guest adri77

Hi guys !

I Am heading to Thailand for the first time for two weeks (last week of April, first of May).

I am thinking to stay in Bangkok for a few days, then go to Pattaya for 3 nights and finish the weekend at Koh Panghan for the full moon party.

If you have any piece of advice for a gay hotels, gay meeting places, it will be most helpful. If any of you is there for the same period, I would be happy to meet you, especially for the full month party or to share a bungalow in Koh Panghan.

In addition, any tip on how to act in a gobo bar ?

Thx :)

a good place to look for info is www.travelgayasia.com

The "standard" gay hotel is of course Tarntawan, where I used to stay when visiting. Even more gay is of course BBB Inn, which also has massage boys on premises 24 hours and further more even rents out short-time rooms (I think 4 hours or so) for 500 or 600 Baht.

Unfortunately, can't meet you during your trip as I'm out of the country. Have fun at the full moon party, though last time I went overall I found it way too commercial, full of way-too-drunk australian teenies. There were still some pockets of non-commercial music, cool people and fun to be had as well, though. 

If you have any piece of advice for a gay hotels, gay meeting places, it will be most helpful. If any of you is there for the same period, I would be happy to meet you, especially for the full month party or to share a bungalow in Koh Panghan.

In addition, any tip on how to act in a gobo bar ?

Thx :)

There have been several threads mentioning hotels in the last couple of months & the forum search facility will find them.

How to act in a gogo bar? 

Do a little bit of research in advance, so you know what to expect & what to pay.

When they ask if this is your first visit to Thailand, tell them you have been several times.

Enjoy it. 

Don't be nervous & do indulge.

Guest Nicko1

Hi Adri77

Just had my first night experienced at Bangkok last night. All is good, may not be excellent but not bad a first timer.

Just go and have fun, don't plan too much. You will love Bangkok :)

Guest adri77

Thx you all for your pieces of advice.

andyy: thx for the details ! Too bad the hotel are a bit more expensive that what I planned (let's say I will save money and spend as less as possible for accommodation). Too bad that you are not here :(

z909: I will do my best to blend in not to appear as the tourist !

vinapu: I intend to publish a full review :)

Nicko1: I hope I will enjoy my first time as well!

Guest abang1961

Adri

It is a urban myth that all Bangkok boys are available at a price.

Rubbish if you are presentable and if you are on limited budget, there are saunas where no money is exchanged.

I have yet to collect money from farangs! (not in a shy way)

With regards to accommodation, Hotel Malaysia should well be within your budget.

It is quaint, badly in need of massive facelift but it is a gay mecca.

Its proximity to Babylon and Silom is a BIG plus....

To stretch your money but yet have fun, get the boys for FREE.

You can hit the clubs and DJ station nightly without bringing anyone home (for a fee).

Pattaya is a different story... it is the worst place to skimp and pinch your wallet.

It shouts "Money..more ..more" 

Koh Phangan .. if you check with those Kao Shan Travel Agencies, you may get a good deal by travelling with the rest of the backpackers.  It would be an over-night LONG trip but hey, the fun that awaits you is REWARDING.

To stretch your money but yet have fun, get the boys for FREE.

You can hit the clubs and DJ station nightly without bringing anyone home (for a fee).

exactly, the saunas are an excellent way of getting boys for free as is the gay scene where normal local gay guys go, such as DJ Station. I've always found it super easy to pick up (or be picked up by) a guy there, always not for money. If you're Asian yourself, the bars in the gay area of Ratchada might be an option, too

z909: I will do my best to blend in not to appear as the tourist !

Appearing as a tourist is just fine. Just make it look like you visited several times, so they will be less likely to turn a 1500 baht tip into a 3000 one, or try other tricks to fleece the new visitors.

Pattaya is a different story... it is the worst place to skimp and pinch your wallet.

It shouts "Money..more ..more"

I disagree. If you want free sex, fair enough, Pattaya is not the location. However if you've made the leap to paying for it and therefore expecting to choose a high quality partner, at the time of your choosing, well Pattaya offers the best value there is.  Hotels are cheap too. 

andyy: thx for the details ! Too bad the hotel are a bit more expensive that what I planned (let's say I will save money and spend as less as possible for accommodation).

Om Yim, Nantra Silom, Take-a-Nap and Malaysia Hotels all should have rooms  for less than 1000 , are close to the action / Take -a-Nap very close/ and no problems with visitors.

I agree with z909 comments above about Pattaya 

Guest abang1961

Perhaps I am too jaded for Thailand..being there, done that too many times.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

For one thing, Pattaya has not much to offer to the non-sex visitor.

A visit to the beach, Ko Larn is enough....

Who needs the shopping mall?

Perhaps it is just me, the ugly Asian who expects quality when I pay big bucks.

Yes some of the hotels are cheaper but don't start me on the subject of "SERVICE or the lack of it".

I prefer the simplicity of life at the better resorts in Phuket, far from the maddening crowd.

Guest adri77

abang1961:

I have never though that Bangkok boys are available at a price. Nver :)

Malaysia hotel seems nice.

anddy:

I will go to the sauna as well :)

vinapu & z909:

Thx for the advice on Pattaya

vinapu:

Take-a-nap is full, so I will try the others.

vinapu:

Take-a-nap is full, so I will try the others.

Niagara Hotel in soi 9 and Sathorn Inn nearby , both close to Chong Nonsi BTS and walking distance fro Silom are within your budget as well. .

Pavillion Place right in Patpong 2 above Screwboys is another cheap, non fancy but passable and no visitor problems place

Guest Promsak

Hotel Malaysia ................. is a gay mecca.

Not for years. Lucky if you see more than one or two gay couples at any time.

Long long ago, many working boys used to hang around both inside the restaurant and outside but the management made them unwelcome.

Having said that and disregarding the fact that there is no in-room WiFi and the fact that the hotel is a bit tired --- it would still be my hotel of choice for it's price.

'Gay friendly' yes, whatever that means, and very friendly staff.

Guest Nicko1

Aikuchi

It was great! I had so much fun, and the sweetest memories are with one of the massage boy in HERO :)

I went HERO 2 times, no disappointment so far. Good looking + with nice body. Happy ending :)

Planning another trip to Bangkok again, around December maybe, would love to explore other places. Would love to try Senso in my next trip. I didn't make it to Senso because not enough time. I only went there for the weekend - 3 days.

As for go go bars experienced, I went to Tawan, X-boys, DreamBoys and Freshboys. I only spend 30 minutes in Tawan, not even until the show start. Perhaps in my in my next trip, can spend more time in Tawan or at least see the show first before bar hopping.

Guest adri77

Again, and sorry to repeat, thanks guys.

Hero wasn't on my list but It seems that I have to include it as a priority.

Never been to his kind of establishment. Ny suggestion on how to behave ? Should we tell why kind of happy ending we wnt before ?