brall3

Vietnam or Cambodia

Of course every city in the world is uniquely different than the other. Bangkok is no, São Paulo, Barcelona, Berlin, etc. etc. Each city is uniquely different with a few similar aspects. For me, I find Bangkok to be very exciting with a multitude of massage parlors, great places to eat, a good mass transit system, with an exciting vibrant gay night life: emphasis on the latter.

Now, knowing what I like, which country would be better for me to visit, Cambodia or Vietnam? Remember, every city is uniquely different, and I do not expect to find Bangkok in either country. For what I like, any suggestions for Cambodia vs Vietnam?

Unless something has changed the chance of you finding an exciting vibrant gay life in either of those countries is ZERO.

You will find some massage parlors, gay bars etc but hoping you will find anything that compares in any way to Thailand is a pipe dream.

Boys can be found on Gayromeo , Jack'd, Hornet, Grindr etc but there is no way you will find something like Soi Twilight, Sunee Plaza in Pattaya or BT.

Not to deter you from visiting because those countries offer some wonderful things but an Exciting  Gay Vibrant Life is not one of them.

I really enjoy Cambodia and have been to Phenom Phen several times.  They have some good hotels and good places to eat.  It is slower paced than Bangkok but I still think a lovely city.  There are tons of gay guys that are available. You will have to search a bit harder to find them but the gay bars are a good place to start.  I have always just found them walking around.  Like Thailand, just smile and they will chat with you. 

But, Firecat is right, it does not compare to the scene in Bangkok.  However, it is fun and enjoyable. 

There have been some recent trip reports by a447 on gaybuttonthai and Sawatdee gaythailand forums on Cambodia.

He favours Phenom Phen but others like Siem Reap, also in Cambodia.

Suggest doing a search here and on the other related forums for Cambodia and Vietnam.

I've been to Cambodia 4 times and Vietnam once.

I didn't see anything that could be described as vibrant gay life in Vietnam.

Cambodia is the better for gay life and has the Angkor Wat temples, so go there. There are a couple of gay bars in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, plus saunas and massage places.

If you're interested in meeting up with local people in bars and returning to your hotel with them, the Blue Chilli bar in Phnom Penh is the better bet.   The Linga bar in Siem Reap used to be good for that, but not any more.

I have visited Vietnam on 6 occasions in the last 18 months,albeit brief work trips,its as Firecat says,no such Gay Night Scene.

There is a few massage places,but social media apps are the main point of contact for meeting guys.