Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ggobkk

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ggobkk

  1. The past three nights, Sun Bar and @Home were jammed with boys and the guys who enjoy them. (I was in attendance]. R Bar had business but some boys sitting on the street chairs. Around the corner by Fah Massage, the Gaga Boy Bar was having a party and the place was crowded with farangs but very few boys. No Chinese sighted other than in bus convoys taking them from hotels at the beach to wherever. Update to my mentioning there are now three cabaret shows in Jomtien. One only does cabaret twice a week.
  2. I was staying in a Jomtien when I visited Cupidol. I offed a boy from Toy Boys and we took the baht bus to Jomtien. The boys know the way from Boyztown to Jomtien.
  3. The two new cabaret shows in Jomtien opened in the last few months. I was there in late August and the shows weren’t. Many new bars, a bbq restaurant, and massive Chinese food and service emporium are newly arrived.
  4. A few days back, Having just arrived in Pattaya/Jomtien, I took as an assignment to check out Sunnee, Boyztown, and Jomtien and report on what I saw, numbers of boys, number of farangs, etc. I note first, that hanan and I were in the same flight path last night and I agree there was a busy vibe. Except for Good Boys. 4 boys on phones, no customers visible (which is expected due to the lack of lighting in support of activities). Winner boys had 16 boys, maybe ten customers. I bought drinks for two boys, they said business was so-so. Waiting on full on high season. Nice Boys was its usual raucous self. Stage had more than 15 boys and more boys with customers. One farang had 2 in full Nice Boys entertainment mode. I spent time with #12 and Mamasan Mac with drinks. More boys than customers but that’s to our advantage. Plan on going back to off #12. Couldn’t do that last night as I had my assignment. Walked to Boyztown...first thing i I noticed was how bright the new Cafe Royal set up is. Street flooded with light and lots of sound. But no karaoke at BBB across from Panorama and Cupidol as reported by others. Panorama has a For Sale sign posted but business operating. Not a lot of street traffic. Took a look inside of BBB, show had started, place full but not packed, mostly Asian audience, 20 to 30% female. I did not linger as still on assignment. Cupidol - lots of customers and lots of boys. Seemed Twinkier than in the past. Toy Boys was an oasis of gogo craftsmanship. 10 boys on stage. Other boys in and out from the back room. Management makes then deposit their phones while working. Most of the boys looked hand crafted for a masculinity that’s somewhere between twink and muscle god. At this point, my assignment mode went to pause I offed Soph who I’ve offed before and believe to be designed by DaVinci and sculpted by Michaelangelo and porno powered in private. More, maybe, in my trip report when I get home. It was a short time, so to recover, I headed out to Jomtien. Several new bars, two cabaret shows in addition to Venue. Street was packed at the Venue end. Sun Bar was having a party and it and the neighboring bars were overflowing with boys and those who admire them. @Home and the new R Bar were busy as they are across from Sun Bar. Coming from Boyztown and Sunnee, it was a revelation to see so many revelers in one place. LipSynch diva show part of festivities. Drinks and bottles served and passed around. Twice saw motorbike deliveries of ice (10 jumbo bags each time). Didn’t notice any Asian customers. Tired from the festivities and time with Soph, I put away my notebook and went to my hotel. I noticed that the other bars between the Venue end and The Poseidon were busy to sparse with customers. No way as busy as in tonight’s party area. If all goes well, I’ll try to revisit on a non-weekend night before heading to Bangkok.
  5. The shirtless staff at R Bar are attractive and definitely get one’s attention.
  6. I’ll take this as an assignment. Arrived early this morning and am here for the week.
  7. Alert! When I arrived in Jomtien this morning around 1:30 am, full scale karaoke in new cabaret across from Poseidon. Singers had taken the microphone and sound system into the street. It was still going on at 3. Hoping it was a party and a one time thing. I’ll report back if it turns out it’s a regular thing...I’m here for a week.
  8. When I visited Tokyo Boys in August, I was the only customer for at least 45 minutes and then one more arrived and I left.
  9. I’m in Pattaya right now, having arrived around 1am this morning. Walked around Jomtien until about 3am. Loud but tame party scene in the complex. I mention this, because seeing the topic and the references to Pattaya, made me think maybe I should be concerned...but after many trips and no negative interactions...I’ll be wary but won’t avoid things. I was only mugged once, in the Georgetown section of Washington DC., broken nose and glasses. Happened across the street from a US Senator’s home. As they say: once was enough.
  10. ggobkk replied to Jasper's topic in The Beer Bar
    Iconsiam doesn't appear to be easy accessible by public transit. It does have Thailand's first Apple Store...so, one suspects, the boys will find a way to get there...
  11. I'll be in Thailand from 16 November to 1 December. In Pattaya from the 16th to 21st or 22nd, then in Bangkok for the remainder. Enjoy meeting other Forum members. Send me a PM if you'd like to meet up. Note: PaulSF is home (or on his way) and I'll missing sitting with him at Maxi's.
  12. ggobkk replied to bucknaway's topic in Gay Thailand
    This is one of those topics that starts out being helpful, continues to be helpful but moves into values and the philosophy of hard bargaining, and factually lets readers know the location to find cheap underwear!
  13. While I’ve stayed at The Poseidon several times, I’m not sure what type of accommodation I had. Once, it was one very large room on the top floor - the side without an elevator. The room had a balcony facing the back of the hotel and a jacuzzi tub big enough for a large group! The last visit, my emails from Heiko remind me was a junior suite. It was a living/sitting room and a bedroom. No jacuzzi. Looking at The Poseidon’s photos, I don’t have a clue which room is which as all the photos could be of the junior suite. If you want a different room, keep checking back, writing to the hotel directly. Sorry, if my rely is disjointed just off a 7 hour flight
  14. Vinapu is the expert here, but my experience is that the train leaves from the lower level of Swampy, as the international airport is referred to in the forum. The train leaves on a regular schedule. It takes the passengers into the city. There are several transfer points that have connections to the Sky Tain and the subway systems. I don't recommend train for someone with lots of luggage, otherwise its efficient, economical, and during most hours is quicker than a taxi due to the highway traffic. I usually can't take the train as the flights I use don't arrive until after the last train has departed.
  15. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Now, after Dreamboys pricing, Jupiter increasing it drink and off pricing, will Moonlight raise its drinks price. Moonlight's off pricing can vary by the boy. Not sure if off price increases on weekends as it does on Twilight.
  16. Unless PaulSF reports the closing it’s just the latest repition of what is inevitable in the future...but is anything in Thailand wrapped up in a few days?
  17. A great report...Moonlight to Moonlight symmetry...memory momentos in Pattaya and Bangkok. It’s great fun traveling with you as you describe your thoughts and steps. Thanks
  18. On my last few visits, I've used Mike's Taxi (http://www.mikepattayataxi.com/). It was recommended on the Forum. I've been very happy, drivers on time, rates competitive. Looking for the email address to post in in this reply, I found links to several taxi companies and most are rated bu users. I noted that some folks gave low marks to Mike's...I can only speak of my experience
  19. And the outdoor copy in Las Vegas
  20. Take a look at the "Timeless" forum on this site which will have solid information for you.
  21. It's a pleasure reading abut your trip, especially your Moonlighting joys!
  22. ggobkk replied to Nikom's topic in Gay Thailand
    Perhaps, each of the three major Pattaya male enticements areas has its own rituals...Boyztown has the boys onstage facing the customer, Sunnee the boys are more often in the audience, Jomtien boys are anxious to pull in customers and have a drink with them - if that doesn’t happen they go back to their perimeter perch which puts their backs to the customer. I tend to begin at @Home bar and buy a Cambodian lad a drink and get him to introduce me to his “friends”. Three offs in the last three visits...two of which have been threesomes.
  23. I’ve has two great offs from Screwboys - one Thai, one Vietnamese. AND, one that was a washout. Two out of three ain’t bad.
  24. Thanks, I just double checked my app and it works!
  25. Enjoying your report. I started keeping a mental note of your expenditures but stopped as your were having a grand series of adventures and that’s what it’s all about.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.