Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ggobkk

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ggobkk

  1. Nice to have your reportage back front and center.
  2. Thanks, gaybutton for the link and thanks Jez1980 for asking what's going on. I only have hearsay so that's not worth much...and that indicates that a new hotel or condo complex will edge into Twilight. There's talk that no leases are being renewed...that doesn't mean businesses wont keep operating until the last minute. A forum member with his feet on the ground PM'd me that some owners are checking out sites on the other side of Surawong. Walking around the area last November, it was apparent that gentrification was hitting the area. Two much new construction was taking place. Then again, Divine Madman and I went to dinner at the Dusit Thani to salute the hotel before it closed...guess what? Closure postponed, project delayed. My guess is that real estate prices will close Twilight at some point in the near future. So enjoy it before it's a memory.
  3. I’ve been a guest at each hotel more than once. My current choice is The Raya. Tarntawan is close to Tawan, Nature Boys, Super A and many massage places. And a few minutes walk from Twilight. The Raya is just a few feet / meters from a Twilight and the Gogo clubs, Hot Male, Dreamboys, Freshboys, etc. I shifted from the Tarntawan changed ownership and the many of the staff were let go and the customer base shifted. Tour groups appeared...the gay vibe was muted. The Raya doesn’t have a gay vibe...usually the guests include many Japanese golfers. The Raya just asks that guests stop at the desk ...somewhat similar to Tarntawan...no fee. Note - the former Tarntawan manager, Lukas, is managing a Tarntawan Apartments...on the corner where Tawan is. I haven’t stayed there but I’m told it’s good value and Lukas looks after his guests. So in summary, you have two good choices. Neither hotel is far from the clubs or bars.
  4. It was with a certain joy I saw you had posted a trip update and I immediately set to catching up with your adventures. Thanks, as I mentioned before, your style of reporting is engaging and flows easily. I await the continuation
  5. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Hmmm...a topic that has wandered from the original topic into a discussion of ethics
  6. Just finished pricing a possible/probable upcoming trip to Thailand. Thanks to the weakness of the US $ it projects to be 10 to 11% more expensive than a visit last November. The US Treasury Secretary is busy talking the $ down in Davos...thanks for making America great again!
  7. I could write a bit but it’s easierbto say I agree and second TMax’s on the Raya and Clark Hatch gym which is two minutes from The Raya.
  8. The Poseidon is definitely 4*, I've been a guest there three times and its very gay friendly and the staff is attentive and service excellence is intuitive. Restaurant is OMG great! Higher price point than Agate. I've heard good things about Venue and if you want to stay at the beach, BBB Inn is a good choice and a short walk to Jomtien complex.
  9. The ending of your journey's report, CurtisD, is an exceptional as your earlier postings. I sensed there was room to breathe and relax for you. I perceived a minor chord that plays out in many of my visits where I spend the overnights next to one regular - even if they day is spent as a butterfly. During my last two visits, he and I didn't discuss $$$. A the departure time approached, I placed an envelope with his things. When he sees it, he says thanks, doesn't open it, and puts it away. CurtisD, I hope you return soon to posting in the forum about your travels and approach to life.
  10. CurtisD - I have been enjoying your reports for their ease and stylistic grace. You find ways to depict the live of a visitor to Pattaya with the realities and the fantasies, the temptations and the transport. Thanks.
  11. Question - what’s the off fee?
  12. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Asia
    I'm late caching up with the topic. Lat fall when I was in Bangkok, Van who is a gogo at Hot Male, and I were at the Hot Male Bar have a drink before going to Jupiter. A young woman came by selling flowers and engaged him in coversation, he introduced us and asked if I buy some of the flowers she was selling, which I did. Later he told me she was the wife/girl friend of another of the Hot Male boys (one I'd offed twice before).
  13. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Reader - you are quick...this only appeared on line a scant few minutes ago...it won't be in the printed version for another six hours. In addition to male models, BW also featured golden retrievers in many photoshoots. Probably a good thing Herb RItts has passed away.
  14. Agree with DivineMadman...great report on living life to the fullest and traveling with royalty...
  15. Great report
  16. This question wouldn't have to be asked if PaulSF was on duty at HM Bar...but he decided it was time to take a sabbatical in the USA. This is a topic close to his heart and I'm sure is being kept informed and hopefully will comment. I had a message from my Vietnamese friend, Van (see trip reports)..I asked if business had been good during the high season and his reply was that the police were active in Twilight and he'd been off work for the past three days while the police were around. This seems to happen regularly and is usually directed toward non-Thai bar and go-go "artists". Update with current information...
  17. Newscene - your reports are rivaling the Forum's best. I certainly twig on the learning aspect of discovery and experimenting and mild disappointment when things aren't as hoped for/anticipated. Your next visit to Bangkok will profit from the willingness to learn you show in this visit.
  18. Enjoyed your narrative of discovery about the availability of the boys at HM2. I've off'd one of the "waiters" there on each of my last two trips. Both times they were affectionate and accomplished between / on top of the sheets. Surprised he didn't seem pleased with 3000 bhat + taxi money. Maybe the high season is spoiling the boys. I note that the off fee has increased by 100 since November.
  19. Very enjoyable reports...the Prime "floaters" never fit. But Prime massage is almost always a winner.
  20. DivineMadman your blog is the Michelin guide to massage. I have filed away the spreadsheet and printed the blog and put it in my “next trip file”. Thanks and Happy 2018.
  21. I’ve used P.T. Taxi service and Mikes Pattaya taxi. Both responsible and on time for trips to/from Bangkok/Pattaya. Prices in the 1100 to 1200 range.
  22. Moses - Please wish the Siamroads guys a Happy New Year and let them know the help, assistance, suggestions, guiding and problem solving hey provided me on recent trips was valued and is happily remembered!
  23. Thanks for your report...feel free to update at your convenience (or whim)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.