Everything posted by ggobkk
-
September/October Holiday
Today is my one month until next trip day! Thanksgiving (US holiday) in Pattaya then on to Bangkok for a week.
- Where should I go ?
-
Want a outcall massage: is it worth it?
There is a first time for everything, even a gogo bar in Bangkok. Lots of good advice in the replies to this topic. For some atmosphere google "bangkok bois" and read Russ's scene setting about offing a gogo boy. The most important thing is to have a good/great/fantastic time. Oh, and as Vinapu would/will say...report back to the forum.
-
November in Siem Reap
This is also VERY TRUE for travel in China. Wrinkled notes not accepted.
-
Want a outcall massage: is it worth it?
There is always another visit in the future to follow up on the suggestions...
-
The democracy of food courts
Maybe various facets of humanity are found in food courts due to convenience rather than for social interaction.
-
Best apps currently out of Blued, Jackd or Grindr?
Blued seems to me to be popular with Chinese users on holiday. It's a definite "yes" if one is in China. Not sure of it's usefulness in Thailand. I have had moderate success with Planet / Gay Romeo which the OP already uses.
-
Staneemeehoi Seafood Restaurant
The instagram links are a bonus...thanks santosh108
-
Somewhat dry rainy season - Thailand trip of Sept 2017
No, not a public enemy more of a public utility. I appreciate and am grateful for your reports. My visits to Thailand are usually time constrained. If I really want to spend time with some special some one, price is not necessarily the deciding factor. I’ll split my late November visit between Pattaya and Bangkok and plan on using what you’ve noted, and others commented upon, to refine my venue visits and expectations. Looking forward to your end if visit reports and will wait for your future visit.
-
Jet Lag
This topic has sent me to reflecting. After many decades of flying and a couple of million air miles, I've given up and just surrender to jet lag. Going somewhere new my adrenaline kicks in and gets me through the first couple of days. I usually plug in a down day if my trip will be two weeks or more. Biggest issues are when I get home (San Francisco Bay Area). These last few years, my recovery takes as many days as the difference in time zones. Toughest period was the first part of this year which began in Beijing, then Bangkok, back to the US with a couple of trans-continental trips, then Rome in April, home, the UK in May, home, then back to Bangkok, took July and part of August at home, then back to China. At some point in June, my internal time clock was working like a 200 baht Rolex sold in Patpong night market! Basically, I assumed from experience that jet lag hadn't killed me yet and I'd survive. Two things in my favor, I'm retired (e.g. free to nap when I needed) and I've had the gift of falling asleep on planes.
-
Gay Companions and Tour Guides in Thailand
Mac has twice been my guide...I second the compliments noted above, he is exceptionally devoted to finding ways to introduce new experiences that work for his clients!
-
Somewhat dry rainy season - Thailand trip of Sept 2017
I always chastise members who are reporting going to bed alone for wasting their vacation time so now is your turn to get back at me. It was good move still for two reasons, first to get my sleeping pattern adjusted to normal , second to balance budget after 2 LT at 4000 it saved me 1000 compared to my usual 3000 / night pattern. See how prudent am I ? And this is how day 3 was over. Once you were fully rested, I'm sure you realized you saved even more as you did not have a massage. Your reports are much appreciated - especially as I prepare for a November sojourn.
-
Holiday Inn Pattaya
Last three visits I’ve stayed in Jomtien. I’ve off’d a boy from BBB, told him where I was staying and he led me to the baht bus. I’d suggested a taxi, but bus was his choice.
-
Somewhat dry rainy season - Thailand trip of Sept 2017
Welcome report...thanks
-
Thailand 3rd in world tourism revenue
Must be letting the boys show us Siam Paragon and all the new phones...not to mention helping the agriculture by purchasing new farm equipment for the family back home...
-
Blast at DJ Station
Must admit I was tempted to title this topic "Having a blast at DJ Station"...
-
Blast at DJ Station
The blast last night around midnight sent DJ Station patrons scrambling. According to management It was the result of an electrical malfunction and the smoke was the fire retardant used to combat it. At least that's the summary of the report - its concerning to see the videos posted on line or in this article and to thinks what it might have been like if the emergency was more serious. Here is a news summary and some videos http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/09/27/midnight-blast-siloms-dj-station-electrical-malfunction/
-
Gay Malaysia
Actually, parking can be more difficult to find than intimate encounters.
-
Thailand 3rd in world tourism revenue
Assume this is due to Thailand being a popular destination for Chinese tourists.
-
Gay Companions and Tour Guides in Thailand
In the past two years, I've used Siam Roads guides in Bangkok (3 times), Laos, Chiang Mai, and Pattaya. I will use them again on future trips to explore Vietnam and Myanmar. They have been professional and always knowledgeable. They have shown me around gay clubs and gogos - it is a comfortable way to be introduced to places that were new to me. I've returned on my own to many of the places armed with the previously guided entires. As to their personal lives outside of being their being gay, I might know who is a student, who works in software, etc. But I've not been approached for "extra" services. These guys have come together to earn a living, Moses deserves a lot of credit for keeping up their website and supporting them.
-
Pattaya in Low Season
Same same with Planet Romeo today!
-
Fares as low as $465 from US
Fares vary tremendously...I track the fare from SFO to BKK. Last two weeks of December and first week of January roudn trip economy runs $1300 to $1400. As of 2nd week in January they drop to $620/$660. Now and then, the holiday season prices will drop is seats aren't selling, happened a couple of years back.
-
Zing Vs. Agate
There is probably no good answer to your question. Sometimes price is important sometimes location, sometimes ambiance and/or food are attrations or limiting factors. Zing is a reinvention of another hotel now gone. I've talked with folks who stayed there and they thought for the price it was a good value. A tour guide that I've used serval times in and around Thailand has stayed there and strongly suggested that it would be a good fit for me. He even gave me room numbers to request. Forum members I greatly respect are very positive about the Agate which is a really attractive hotel. I've toured the hotel and liked its look especially the pool area. Off putting are the overnight tour groups that come and go with great frequency. Other nearby options are The Venue and The Poseidon. My last three trips, I've stayed at Poseidon where the customer service from the staff is outstanding and the restaurant is top grade. Prior to that I stayed at BB Inn on the beach with a good restaurant next door..
-
Bangkok in November
I'm going to miss crossing paths by a few days. I leave the US on the 20th of November putting me in close to midnight on the 21st. If immigration isn't horrible, you could check into the Raya, leave the hotel, turn right, and iwith a few steps find folks and boys at the bars at the entrance to Twilight. Across the street you're close to Screwboys which stays open a bit later. Have a great time, post closer to arrival and let folks know of your arrival and ask them to PM you.
-
Newbe trip report pattaya and koh chang
Hello, Robwales 15, "newbie" report is excellent and concise. Welcome and keep up reporting.