Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

hank75

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by hank75

  1. This is an important detail. I know an ex boy in a boyfriend situation with an older farang who supports him. It is a very stable relationship, both are happy, the boy is loyal and looks after his sponsor well. The catch is, he is straight and also lives with his wife and infant children when his sponsor is out of Thailand. I do not think I could undertake a relationship (paid or emotional) under those circumstances. I will DM you on longer term accommodation around Silom.
  2. hank75 replied to Dannyxxx's topic in Gay Bangkok
    I just arrived in Bangkok on Friday (for work so nothing to report). The immigration queue was one of the longest I have ever seen.Speaking to the gentleman in the line ahead of me, appears flights from Middle East have now started running again after several days delay, which is causing a high volume of arrivals. This gentleman came from Sweden via a transit in Dubai on Emirates. He said he was rebooked from his original flight with a delay of 3 days. The immigration staff were flustered which made them curt, unhelpful and bordering on rude. Huge confusion over who was allowed to use the priority lane. Many queue jumpers tried to get into priority. After seeing the queue I initially regretted not booking the AOT express service. But after a while they gave up filtering passengers and just waved everyone into the priority lane to ease the massive queue. Passengers in wheelchairs or accompanied by the AOT butler were forced right to the back. There was outright discrimination, a young guy who was clearly poor and badly educated had a badly booked transit which required him to exit immigration, collect his bags and then re-check in. He didn’t know if he should go through the regular immigration channels, go through transit or how to complete TDAC which requires stating length of stay and accommodation. We all witnessed immigration staff shouting at him, hustling him back into the queue without listening and refusing to provide any clarity on his situation. He was almost in tears thinking he would miss his next flight. Swedish gentleman and another Asian gentleman banded together to help him out and he was finally escorted through. To be fair, they tried to keep things moving at a snappy pace although it still took an hour. I booked an airport pick up after hearing about taxi fuel shortages at Suvarnabhumi and my pick up has to call to find out if I was coming because I was so late. I wasn’t worried about not actually being able to get a taxi for a ride into central Bangkok, but was concerned the taxi line might be extremely long. After facing down the immigration line I was glad to jump straight into my pick up. For anyone arriving between now and Songkran, do have your TDAC and other necessary documents ready, and book advance transport.
  3. hank75 replied to Dannyxxx's topic in Gay Bangkok
    You are right. I am ageing. Was typing while on a plane and skipped my morning coffee and somehow I managed to mix Songkran up with Tet. Applogies to OP. I still think an extended Thai holiday is more enjoyable than splitting off to HCM edit: just discovered it’s not possible to edit old posts, even to remove factual inaccuracies? I shall in the future desist from posting when I’m functioning on minimal sleep, no caffeine and bored in the airport
  4. hank75 replied to Dannyxxx's topic in Gay Bangkok
    I believe the panic over jet fuel in Vietnam has subsided and there is government commitment to keeping state airlines running. Travel insurance is a must. That said I’m in agreement to cut your losses and do an extended Thailand trip. You’ve cancelled the two more enjoyable cities (Hanoi and Danang). HCM isn’t that enjoyable by comparison and five nights is a very long time for that city. You are also going right before Tet. Traffic is usually terrible and there may be some closures as people try to go back to their hometowns early due to fuel shortages. Look up Vietnam travel forums for more accurate news but I found this post (in reference to Tet 2026 but before the war started) Visiting HCMC right before Tet is definitely an interesting time, and your concern about shops closing down is valid. Many local, family-run businesses, especially smaller shops and street food vendors, will indeed start closing a few days before Tet to prepare for the holiday and travel back to their hometowns. This means that the vibrant street life you might expect for casual eating and shopping could be noticeably quieter in many areas. Major shopping malls and larger supermarkets will likely remain open longer, possibly with reduced hours as Tet approaches, but the atmosphere will be very focused on holiday preparations rather than regular commerce. Dining can also become a bit trickier, as many local eateries will be closed. However, there are still options, especially in tourist-focused areas or larger hotels, but you might need to be more intentional about where you go. If you're looking to still experience the food scene or find specific shopping experiences, sometimes looking into pre-arranged activities can be helpful during this period. You might find services that specifically cater to visitors during the Tet period, like food tours or private shopping experiences with local guides who know what's open. Platforms like Viator are often used to find and book various tours and activities, and they list operators with reviews, which can give you confidence in what you're booking, especially when many local businesses are winding down. It's really about managing expectations and being prepared for a different kind of HCMC experience. God bless. Unless you’re thoroughly bored of Thailand there are so many great cities to explore and if you don’t want to fly, Pattaya and Koh Samet are a great combination.
  5. hank75 replied to Olddaddy's topic in Gay Bangkok
    It’s a very special hotel that only Olddady can reside at, TART-awan
  6. hank75 replied to a post in a topic in Gay Bangkok
    In preparation for Songkran, Moonlight has theirs models dancing along Silom Road and parading down Thaniya and the BTS steps. Some new faces (one guy has an attractive smile and even more attractive body), many old ones. Babe still managing to cling on to his position as the star. Nicky visibly thicker around the middle. No Joey. Videos can be viewed on Facebook.
  7. With your love of Vietnam guys, why do you not go directly to Vietnam especially since I’m sure you may know some boys who have retired back there? Genuinely curious.
  8. I only go out in Bangkok. At home especially on weekdays I try to be home, eat and sleep as early as possible. In Bangkok if I have company whether personal friends or a boy, I time my evening to have dinner, a drink somewhere maybe Soi 4, and then a bar in time for the show. I enjoy people watching. If I’m alone I have something light at or near the hotel. If I’m at Le Meridien I cobble together a meal at the lounge. It gets harder and harder with every passing year to not simply fall asleep and instead shower and dress for the bars. I often give in to temptation and just Line a regular boy to come over from his bar. If it’s a non-bar night but I have a boy with me, I enjoy going somewhere like mookata, so he can order in Thai and I get a local experience that I couldn’t have on my own. Bonus: it’s often a buffet so boy can eat his heart out without damage to my pocket. The best places often have a massive queue so we start early, at 5.30 or 6 pm. That leaves plenty of time at night for fun and the mookata reek means showering together is compulsory. A win-win.
  9. Remembering the monumental Buddhas of Bamiyan, dating to 6th century and formerly the largest ever standing Buddhas in the world. The larger was 180 feet tall, the smaller was 125 feet and both stood at an elevation of 8,200 feet. To visitors it must have looked as though they reached to the heavens. Thoroughly destroyed -or as one website expresses it “erased” - by the Taliban in 2001. A travesty.
  10. Clearly a Gen Z dance move
  11. A smart move. A friend was searching for alternative flights from New York to Europe and back to Asia (due to a hard to adjust schedule) and has to pay something like $10,000 extra Others in my work and social circles are predicting this could drag on for another five, six weeks. Not being American I have no insight as to which way policy will swing.
  12. Congratulations on finding a fast alternative to your flight, and all the pieces of good luck that followed: room ready, great freelancer. May the rest of your trip continue on this note. I can imagine your relief and exhilaration on arriving smoothly with no further interruptions. I flew out of Suvarnabhumi on Sunday and there was a sad line up of lonely planes stranded in the middle of the air field: Qatar and Etihad being the most numerous, followed by Gulf Air, El Al Israel and AirArabia.
  13. This is excellent and one of my go-to places. There is one in Park Silom which is never more than half full, even during peak times.
  14. I hope you and your family stay safe during these trying times En route to Suvarnabhumi now hoping for no travel disruptions or people being stranded at airport.
  15. I especially enjoy those featuring the travelling knee. Will it make a return, do you think?
  16. I usually wear contact lenses but prefer glasses in the evenings to give my eyes a rest. As I recently had a new pair made I now travel with two pairs just in case of above scenario. Have just been told I have long sightedness setting in and soon I may need reading glasses which brings me up to three pairs. Such is the rapid onset of age. Highly recommend making a spare pair of glasses if you rely on them. Owndays has locations in Bangkok and they can produce a new pair for you in an hour. Quality is good too.
  17. Digressing slightly but I remember you posted some personal pics in a trip report (with face covered) and you are a very nice looking guy. No reason at all to be body conscious. I hope you will get to return to Thailand soon.
  18. I thought they had all left but Amen (extreme right) is back. His younger brother is at Jupiter too.
  19. Maybe they’re checking to see if you’re really blind so they can nick your wallet
  20. I have seen plenty of older gents in GOD too having a great time. The only thing is you may get approached by money boys instead of regular guys hooking up with each other. But why not, many of them are cute and willing, and more likely to be a university student turning tricks than a go go boy.
  21. Yes I was certain he was a nun, since I met him mere steps away from Soi Convent
  22. I actually prefer this. Once the boy is selected and comes down for a drink, smiles are usually out and you can tell who is enthused about being offed. Those that aren’t are sent back. Works for me. Worst off I’ve ever had from Jupiter was a new boy who smiled from the stage, later on I discovered he grinned at all and sundry with no discrimination. Didn’t exactly make me feel special.
  23. Thanks for photos, looks very promising! Edit: then I scrolled further, read the reviews….which do not
  24. that’s not him because they said yes 👆

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.