Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

hank75

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by hank75

  1. Yes indeed it is not my intention to generalise but sadly I have enough real life examples in hand (some quite literally!) to be certain this is not just my imagination. I definitely agree there are others who pleasantly surprise by being hardworking in bed and out of. Yet for every one of these I can name another who is alcohol or drug addled, video game addicted, lost all his savings to gambling or just too deeply in the easy street lifestyle to give it up. I don’t mean to sound doom and gloom, it is what it is.
  2. Wasn’t exactly referring to laziness in bed but rather laziness in life. They find it hard returning to a normal job which requires hours of work for the same compensation of having their cock grabbed, even when they are well aware of they have aged out of the game . Which is why you see fat ageing bar boys working the same stage year after year. And I don’t mean being practical and going where the money is good. Some of them just want an easy life of working 3 hours, drinking the rest of the night; and sleeping until 6 pm.
  3. I believe the customer was paying him extremely well for a boyfriend experience. He was spending most of his time at the customer’s condo, at least 2 weeks but it could have been 2 months for all I know. So yes it was daily sex for days on end. Met the boy once briefly and he strikes me as a top. I was told the customer was Asian, not old, but “big a bit” Last update I had was that the customer was trying to lure him back with promises of a motorcycle.
  4. Talking of bar boy gossip. My regular boy is usually very circumspect….in general he’s not the chattiest individual. However he volunteered today that his room mate (who has been away, staying with a customer) is back in the room because the customer demanded sex daily until boy was exhausted and couldn’t keep up!! Apparently unkind words were exchanged when the sex quota was not fulfilled, boy got exasperated and stormed off home.
  5. Problem with this is that it encourages laziness and after some time, the expectation of easy money just dropping into their laps
  6. You should be able to do a quick run over to Thailand and get vaccinated there, otherwise Royal Phnom Penh Hospital is managed by the Bangkok Hospital Group and uses the same vaccination protocols Contrary to other forum members, I had a flu shot a few months ago and have still managed to pick up all kinds of viruses due to high exposure in my work. However I do feel the severity was lessened.
  7. Possibly the boys can already sense if no off is impending eg empty bar, disinterested customers, so they will take whatever is on offer
  8. What useful information could they possibly obtain from this forum? 🤔
  9. Perhaps we are now being monitored by a communist spy network
  10. All very valid but no point overthinking at this stage. Having holidays with your family sounds good and sensible, as it would be a pity to drift from them despite new life and new love. It could be that you enjoy farang-friendly Siem Reap and don’t mind spending time there solo continuing your Khmer language studies, with Cam coming over for weekends. You were independent before Cam and can continue to be even while being ensconced in a relationship with him. Spending some time getting to know Cambodia on your own and forming your own circle of expat or retiree friends would help greatly in settling there long term, this could be the perfect opportunity.
  11. Check @jamiebee’s ongoing travel report
  12. Boy drink is usually 300-400 baht so 100 baht commission sounds about right.
  13. Thank you for your service to the forum in reviewing a very lacklustre sounding Big Boys @jamiebee
  14. Now that you mention it, he is certainly @vinapu’s type!
  15. On rare occasions I’ve seen customers more attractive than the boys on stage Another time I went to Moonlight with my Asian male friend who was mid 40s but in the dark bar, could pass for 10-15 years younger and has a number of bar boy accessories (muscles, tattoos). As he was walking to the men’s room he was solicited by a customer who mistook him for a Moonlight hunk.
  16. I think someone mentioned to me that they are no longer land mine victims just normal amputees (farming or cat accident) but carrying on the “advertising”. Regardless they still need donations from good hearted tourists such as yourself
  17. Agree but it was the Wild West then. Worse than rocks, little naked children could also be picked off the ground by pedophiles as quite often you saw them sitting by the roadside completely alone. Edit: this was slightly before that disgusting pervert Gary Glitter was caught and deported. He then went on to settle in Vietnam.
  18. For sure this is a must do. But I will never visit Tuol Sleng or the Killing Fields again. The memory from decades ago is still fresh, as is the recollection of seeing land mine amputees or those blinded begging outside Angkor Wat. You no longer see them, they are dead or too old to beg and have been tidied away for more pleasant tourism. My regular Cambodian guy is again too young to remember them, despite having grown up just outside Siem Reap, nor has he ever visited Tuol Sleng although living in Phnom Penh. On a more cheerful note this was also a time you could pick up bits of the Angkor temples lying on the ground and bring back a nice carving in your pocket. Very illegal of course and not enforced in the slightest.
  19. I had a few of those conversations with my Cambodian regular. What blew my mind a little bit was that I still remember Cambodia from the pre-Chinese days, while he being significantly younger does not. By the time he was a teen, Chinese presence (and the notion of anything associated with Chinese businesses and language as positive, lucrative, etc) was dominant everywhere, the casinos were mushrooming up, alongside restaurants, karaokes and so on. When he first went to work in bars, it was the Chinese customers who were high rollers. When I reminisce about visiting Siem Reap and Phnom Penh when there was barely any Chinese influence (mostly French) and how much more authentic it felt back then, he just looks at me blankly. It feels very odd to have memories of a country that a local does not share. Also the uneasy relationship between Thailand and Cambodia is another sore spot. If Cam is like the other Cambodian boys I know, don’t get him started on whether muay thai is actually Thai or Cambodian. I was thoroughly lectured on the history of “kun Khmer” illustrated by multiple YouTube examples of a Cambodian fighter pounding a Thai fighter into the dust. Enjoy Chiang Mai!
  20. Fantastic report. Such detail and even with photographs. Despite being a decade old and unable to be enlarged (at least on my phone), they greatly enhanced the report. I skimmed to the Kanchanaburi chapter as that was of most interest to me, but will return and read the rest soon. Very coincidentally I was researching a trip to see the Mon bridge and village in Sangkhlaburi just this past week. It seems many people only go as far as the national park and River Kwai and stop there (perhaps due to the driving time from Bangkok). One of my regular guys recently did the land crossing to Myanmar so I rang him to ask if he remembered the impressive scenery and by any chance passed by the Mon community. “I don’t know I was sleeping” was his unimpressed answer. After a verbal tussle trying to explain to him what I meant, he conceded that he did pass by “three Wats” which is of course the Three Pagoda Pass. As you’ve mentioned in your report, the romance and dramatic history of the region may be completely lost on Thais and Burmese both, as they now prosaically think of it as just the administrative border between the two countries, slightly tedious to get to, but a necessary evil. I also asked if he was interested to join me in a visit to Sangklaburi and he said he would, but added he thought it was a long way to go just to see the same folks he could see at home! Edit: @bkkmfj2648 I read on to the conclusion of Pattaya. Did you ever get that Bangkok job?
  21. Good to hear you are back in Thailand, I always enjoy your trip reports @jamiebee I haven’t had the opportunity to visit Kanchanaburi yet, it felt just a little bit too far for a day trip so I’ve always vaguely planned to go when I had time to stay overnight in one of those floating river lodges. Interested to read your comments after you’ve been. Out of curiosity why not our forum’s old faithful, Pattaya combined with an island hop? Or did you do that last time? I seem to recall a report by you about sightseeing in Pattaya perhaps I’m mistaken I was worried there for a minute 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  22. hank75 replied to PeterRS's topic in Gay Bangkok
    Perhaps this was why the bar had no customers. A savvy owner would have the boys immediately accompany the customers as soon as they stepped into the bar. Not drag on drinking games for another 30 minutes, while customers potentially could have walked out.
  23. For this reason too I have never offed a Vietnamese though I’ve taken a couple drinking before. Reports from here but also from friends. I do miss the gang of Vietnamese boys at Jupiter who were cute as buttons and very entertaining. Seems there are none left there. Which other bars now have a higher proportion of Vietnamese apart from Goodboys?
  24. Well it’s nice to see OldDaddy championing social justice for a change, instead of minimum wage for barboys Am curious. How does immigration to the UK support you though? Yesterday I watched a short documentary on CECOT, the maximum security prison in El Salvador which was constructed to obliterate gang crime. It currently holds around 20,000 prisoners and is built to hold 40,000 or 1 out of 158 from the whole population. Imagine building a prison expecting to imprison 1 out of every 150 people in your country. I was beyond shocked. It looks like something from a dystopian novel and in conditions no human should have to endure, especially the isolation cell. Many are in there for life. Yet not only is this place real, Trump in his anti-immigration push, rounded up over 270 Venezuelans - many of whom were falsely accused of being gang members and criminals simply because they had tattoos - and mass deported them to El Salvador where they were subjected to unspeakable deprivation before finally being freed by their own government in a prisoner exchange. Footage of their deportation and brutal arrival in El Salvador can be found on X via the main Wikipedia for CECOT. The El Salvador president Bukele claims that by imprisoning thousands, they have liberated millions. Richard Madeley, the British documentary host, concluded that while initially he was appalled visiting CECOT, he had to eventually concede that Bukele’s words had some truth to them and there are so many shades of grey. No verdict on whether Trump too was vindicated in rounding up completely innocent migrants, flinging them on a plane and then into hell. For those of you with a few spare minutes, look up Richard Madeley’s visit to CECOT as well as the arrival of the Venezuelan deportees.
  25. I tried to do that too since I didn’t want to accumulate a stack of riels that would be useless to me anywhere else. But as Jimmie and Cam are there for the long term, it might be a good idea to not incur international fees each time you do a supermarket run? Other members may disagree but I use my credit card as much as possible in Bangkok too since I dislike collecting small bills and coins. My (probably incorrect) logic is because I misplace them or get fed up of the weight of the coins and hurl all small change into the nearest donation tin, I am losing money either way.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.