Everything posted by Keithambrose
-
Did you do much in 2025?
I wondered why i dream in Polish.....
-
Back in Bangkok after only one month!
That was my reference too!
-
Did you do much in 2025?
And I never knew!
-
Guido’s cat
Perhaps he shares multiple personalities?
-
Guido’s cat
Yes, and his eyesight is quite poor, he brings the bill right up to his face! With such a hands on approach, I can't see him opening in Pattaya.
-
Back in Bangkok after only one month!
I meant Tarntawan to soi 4!
-
Back in Bangkok after only one month!
On foot!
-
Guido’s cat
Guido just showed me picture of the cat as a tiny kitten, with mother, 9 years ago. For what it's worth, he said he is staying in Soi 4, but opening a second restaurant in Jomtien, not in the complex!
-
Guido’s cat
-
Trip Report: Silom
My first report did say it was a Tuesday night.
-
Did you do much in 2025?
I use a landline in the UK, as I find the reception and clarity better, and it does not cut out. Also, I find the receiver better to hold. Here in Bangkok, I buy a 15 day sim, at the airport. Yesterday Lloyds Bank froze my account citing a security issue. To my surprise, my Thai sim, AIS, allowed a free call to the UK, to sort it out! 15 mins it took. I was impressed, saved me a £7 roaming charge, plus cost of call. PS. My phone does not support an e-sim!
-
The Moonlight Hottie
Good pun!
-
Expat Getting Health Insurance in Thailand
Not bad. Cheap at the price, I woukd suggest, especially if you are of a certain age
-
Trip Report: Silom
I thought so. Just checking!
-
Trip Report: Silom
Message in person?
-
Trip Report: Silom
Just to say I hoped to sample bars tonight. But my discussion of local government expenditure led to a three way discussion! I never knew there would be such interest! I did pop out just for a wander, and things seemed busier. It's Thursday night. Michael, at Circus, said he reckoned 70%.
- Trip Report: Silom
-
Trip Report: Silom
Don't know Mr O's, could you let me know where it is?
-
Tawan vs Atlas
Re my recent post, looks like I should have gone into Atlas
-
Expat Getting Health Insurance in Thailand
Does that cover all events, including pre existing conditions?
-
Trip Report: Silom
Just a partial report from Tuesday evening, after I arrived. I thought that my Vietnamese stamp collection would be reorganised, but, it didn't happen. Luckily a Lao collector was available. He was insistent on Grindr. We had been through my collection on a previous visit, so we moved on to local government finances. Good choice, he was excellent in all respects, cum in various different locations! Exhausted, as I am now over 70 (!), I wandered off down Patpong 2. It was very empty, Barkers looking fairly desperate. The much renamed Dragon was empty. Went to Soi 4, maybe at 60%, sat outside Banana, I was the only one there, chatted to the guys. They seemed a bit down, just going through the motions, or perhaps that was just me. Not much eye candy passing by. Popped in to Freshboys on way back, maybe one third full, decent boys, left quite soon, put my head into Goodboys, again not much going on. Didn't try Atlas. Will try Patpong again nearer weekend. My hotel, Meridien, seems not as busy as before, judging by attendance at breakfast. Climate change meant heavy thunderstorms, both day and night!
-
Did you do much in 2025?
If they rebrand as a Capella, perhaps you would go?
-
Bali brief report October 2025
See you there!
-
Did you do much in 2025?
Certainly, as a UK taxpayer, the expenses for a work related conference were deductible.
- The Moonlight Hottie