Everything posted by RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Oregon legal pot shops complain they are being undersold. At least one such shop has had to call the cops more than once when local pushers were selling for $40 in his parking lot what he was selling for $120 inside the legal shop. Stated reason: too high taxes which the local pols promised to the voters would bring in billions of additional revenue. Lying or misrepresenting pols, imagine that. Best regards, RA1
-
Godless millennials could end the political power of the religious right
I wonder how "they" view radical Islamists? Using my own non-scientific, subjective observations, I do not see the millennials as being more, in fact less, educated, nor less religious. More diverse and tolerant, maybe. Oh, well, when the twenty somethings get to their sixties, I shall be long gone. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Because he likes fruit on his waffles vs. syrup? Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
But, what is the question? Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Naturally, you are correct. What I wrote is an old "country" expression which is not literally or grammatically correct. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Pie are round, cornbread are square. Best regards, RA1
-
'Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's'
To be perfectly clear, I have had some wonderful meals in Europe. They were not at 5 star restaurants but ordinary places to eat. Of course, being hungry and far from home may make some difference. Best regards, RA1
-
'Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's'
1. Organic food does not have any more nutritional value than other food. 2. Likely it is not worth the money. 3. This "test" smacks of similar wine tastings where some 2 buck Chuck was judged as good as $100 bottles. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and so is the taste of wine, so to speak. 4. Some European food tastes bad anyway so how would these experts know? Mickey D's may indeed be above "average" food there. However, my experience many years ago was that US franchise food in Europe was worse than the same thing served in the US. As we know, US franchises do make allowances for "local" food customs while trying to maintain the "logo" items. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
So, you believe in 101%? Best regards, RA1
-
Notes by Frederick Ordway, Scientific/Technical Consultant on '2001'
Fascinating. I did not at first realize what this was. I have seen a documentary about the back story on Discovery or History but this is equally interesting. Best regards, RA1
-
Caption This 10/24/14
The ongoing work of the gay Pillsbury doughboy. Best regards, RA1
-
Police raid Thai bar
I always get a little stiff before the payoff, budget or not. Best regards, RA1
-
Police raid Thai bar
The payoff is always fun. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
The guy on the right also knows this IF he has a "good" accountant. Best regards, RA1
-
Police raid Thai bar
Things never change. In the 1930;s my father told me that fireman broke the gambling tables in the back of a shop on Beale Street. Not because of the gambling but because the owner was not paying his "fees". Best regards, RA1
-
Viola Davis' Last 9 Words......
But will that acquaintance testify? Some escorts prefer to maintain their privacy. Of course, if you were visiting a retired attorney at law, that would be a different story. Best regards, RA1
-
Question about DisLikes
I can go for a quota of negative votes but not for positive votes. Other than a technical issue, how can this be? I am positively against a quota on positive votes. After all, it is extremely Democratic to have votes often and early. Best regards, RA1
-
Caption This......
Let's not swap good health for Rx, please. The hat looks good. When are we going to HI? Best regards, RA1
-
Andrew Cuomo's Book Sold A Whopping 945 Hardcovers In Its First Week On Shelves
Perhaps discerning readers did not elect said governor? Best regards, RA1
-
Anyone thinking of Thailand?
Dear Mister Ranger, Does Tonto have a big dick? Just curious. Best regards, RA1
-
Viola Davis' Last 9 Words......
Is a butt flap the same as the flap in long johns? When I went to the Super Bowl in MSY between the Eagles and the Raiders there was a guy painted entirely green and wearing long johns walking around the Vieux Carre with his flap down. Somewhat less than sexy. Best regards, RA1
-
Caption This......
What did you swap and what did you get? Best regards, RA1
-
Joan Rivers in Critical Condition- Not Conscious
As the MC ads say, priceless, but I believe they will figure a way. Best regards, RA1
-
Caption This......
As you suggest, I do not make a habit of eating (no such thing as dining there) at Applebees but it was within walking distance of the hotel where I was staying so I tried a before dinner drink there. The bar had amazing happy hour choices and prices to say nothing of a Cheers' attitude among its apparently regular clientele. To see if this was somewhat of a corporate attitude I took a visitor to one here in MEM. Nothing was the same. Prices were terrible, choices limited, etc. I have no idea why the one in CHA was different but thought it worth mentioning. Best regards, RA1
-
Joan Rivers in Critical Condition- Not Conscious
But was your mother funny and Jewish? Just wondering. Best regards, RA1