Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's your perfect day and night in Bangkok?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 52
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • DivineMadman
    DivineMadman

    Others may correct me, but I share the view that Thailand is not the place to stock up on prescription drugs.     FYI The local equivalent of Viagra is Sidegra, which I think is supposed to be quite

  • My perfect day and night.   Wake up in morning. Breakfast at Foodland Patpong.   Take BTS to Central. Watch a movie at Siam Paragon. Lunch and shopping.   Take BTS to Chong Nonsi to go to Baan T

  • DivineMadman
    DivineMadman

    Thanks for the promote on sawatdee.  I'll confess I steer clear of that board.   There's the Indra near Tawan bar.  I used to go there regularly, but 6 or more years ago  I thought it was very very

Posted Images

Yikes!  A grand buffet, street food, a rich afternoon tea, cocktails and a full Thai meal in twelve hours, all while having a leisurely, barely-calorie-burning day in hot and humid Bangkok?  The OP asked for a perfect day, not a pig-out day.  I'm surprised you didn't suggest he finish the day off with a dozen freshly-baked croissants and a large jar of French marmalade! Why do people eat so much when they're not going to need the energy and knowing full well that the bit of sex at the end of the day is going to burn more Baht than calories.

Because it's fun!

The OP asked for a perfect day, not a pig-out day. 

 

You're now assuming the mantle of purveyor of nutritional doctrine and labeling members who recommend an occasional splurge as pigs. But you want us to see the world through the eyes of your phony identity as a young Singaporean.

 

Actually, your an old timer like most members here.  You, however, maintain multiple screen names on this board. Frequently they manifest in the same thread.

My perfect day and night.

 

Wake up in morning. Breakfast at Foodland Patpong.

 

Take BTS to Central. Watch a movie at Siam Paragon. Lunch and shopping.

 

Take BTS to Chong Nonsi to go to Baan Tewa for massage.

 

Back to hotel room for afternoon nap.

 

Dinner at Maxis and boy watching at Soi Twilight.

 

Watch a show at one of the bars. Pick up a boy to go back to hotel room.

 

If no suitable boy at bar, go to another to find one.

Indeed, this mirrors my day. Although I drop by Cutey Beauty and enjoy the luxury of being shaved. On my first day, their jetlag package is a Godsend.  

 

By the way, where is breakfast to be had in Foodland? I have been going directly to Pattaya for a few years and missed this. I used to go there for some scrumptious rolls and take them back to the suriwongse.  The idea of a movie is one I totally agree with.

You're now assuming the mantle of purveyor of nutritional doctrine and labeling members who recommend an occasional splurge as pigs. But you want us to see the world through the eyes of your phony identity as a young Singaporean.

 

Actually, your an old timer like most members here.  You, however, maintain multiple screen names on this board. Frequently they manifest in the same thread.

Just asking, how does anyone determine this? I mean the old timer part, I take everyone as they say they are.

Just asking, how does anyone determine this? I mean the old timer part, I take everyone as they say they are.

 

By observing his posts over several years on this and other boards.

 

By noting contradictions.

 

By posted reports by members (including some moderators on SGT board) of his phony persona.

 

By his vicious attack on a respected member in his first (and lone) post on GB board.

 

By what members of this and other boards have shared with me regarding his actual identity.

OK.  I just didn't read too much into "pig out" in the US we use that about ourselves - all too often. I, myself, thought the post to be far too much food to then have sex in the evening. But, did not comment as everyone has their own vision of a good day.  I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to Cutey beauty and the full treatment but, to be fair, Madrid Pizza is almost as important.

 

Thanks for your reply.

Just asking, how does anyone determine this? I mean the old timer part, I take everyone as they say they are.

You're right to take everyone as they are, with a grain of salt.  That's one of the things that helps make this particular Board more helpful than most.  SGlad, however, for whatever reason, decided to try to con people into believing that he was a young Singapore student studying in Chiang Mai.  It was both tedious and false.  But no surprise, he has long since been outed as a fraud.  

 

Why would someone waste so much of everyone's time with that garbage?  I have no idea.  Sad.  Perhaps he suffers from chronic and severe flatulence that makes even the simplest social situation unpleasant, and so to fill the emptiness he tries to create a different, less odious personality.  We'll never know.  But his recent re-emergence and a few polite posts should not deceive anyone.  Once a con man always a con man.  (Polite that is, unless you're a foodie and enjoy eating out, then the nastiness re-emerges.)

 

As a superstar former astronaut and international spy (;)), I of course, have no problems with people living a fantasy life.  But I think it is fair to call out those who waste everyone's time insisting that they share the delusion.

As a superstar former astronaut and international spy ( ;)), I of course, have no problems with people living a fantasy life.  But I think it is fair to call out those who waste everyone's time insisting that they share the delusion.

 

I'm a confirmed foodie myself and have read many of your posts. I'm looking forward to the German place in Soi 4 - what do you think of the French place in Patpong. I've never been.

 

As well as a "former astronaut" I believe I read someplace that you have a blog? Is that right?  How about a link?

 

As a superstar former astronaut and international spy ( ;)), I of course, have no problems with people living a fantasy life.  But I think it is fair to call out those who waste everyone's time insisting that they share the delusion.

 

I'm a confirmed foodie myself and have read many of your posts. I'm looking forward to the German place in Soi 4 - what do you think of the French place in Patpong. I've never been.

 

As well as a "former astronaut" I believe I read someplace that you have a blog? Is that right?  How about a link?

 

LOLs

 

https://bkkmassages.wordpress.com

 

I am actually less a fan of the German place on Soi 4 than others.  It's fine.  Just not my tasse tee, if you know what I mean.  

 

I do very much like the French place on Patpong 2.  Le Bouchon.  I think it is pricey.  The portions are vast and old school delicious.  I think there is a nice group of regular patrons.  I've only been a couple of times, but always well-fed and happy.  

 

A recent addition to the very very fine dinning scene in Bangkok is Saawaan on Suan Phlu.  It is a multi-course tastings-only menu place that does their modern take on Thai food.  A lot of deconstructed this and a bit of molecular that.  It is ruinously expensive but worth if it's within your budget and you enjoy those experiences.  (I have to eat nothing but 7-11 brand sandwiches for a week afterwards to get my budget back on track.)  The nicest thing about the place is that the chef and other members of the crew come to your table for the final explanation and preparation and/or plating of each course.  The shy chef is just delightful.  

 

But while I'm at it - I think the Thai food at Maxi's on Soi Twilight is very very good.  

What do you know? I found your blog months ago and posted it on another forum: sawatdee. It's now a permanent header.  I've been planning my January massages from it. I wonder about some of the ones that seem so popular on other forums such as Indra. Any word on those? Years ago I loved V club so much I lunched there every day. But, this time I have only a few days in Bangkok before Pattaya and might restrict myself to the area of the Tarntawan Hotel ( getting old )

 

As for food have you tried the new incarnation of the old Sphinx?

  • Popular Post

What do you know? I found your blog months ago and posted it on another forum: sawatdee. It's now a permanent header.  I've been planning my January massages from it. I wonder about some of the ones that seem so popular on other forums such as Indra. Any word on those? Years ago I loved V club so much I lunched there every day. But, this time I have only a few days in Bangkok before Pattaya and might restrict myself to the area of the Tarntawan Hotel ( getting old )

 

As for food have you tried the new incarnation of the old Sphinx?

 

Thanks for the promote on sawatdee.  I'll confess I steer clear of that board.

 

There's the Indra near Tawan bar.  I used to go there regularly, but 6 or more years ago  I thought it was very very good massages, with expert HJ happy endings.  All at a pretty good price.  As I recall bathrooms in the hall.  Maybe not the most private set up.  For me, it falls into the category of "not compelling."  Used to be that you could't pick the guy - you had to take the next guy in rotation and any hanky panky had to be hidden from the dragon lady boss.  I hear that may have changed, but I don't know.  So when it comes time for me to pick a spot, other places win out.  

 

There's another Indra over on Suan Plu that deserves special honorary mention.  It's more of a store front shop.  The owner/manager is very active with SWING, which is a truly excellent support and counseling organization for the men and katoeys in the "business."  I've only gone there for foot massages, which are excellent.  I bet the other massages are fine.   

 

For years I have tried to make it work out between myself and V Club (now "VCK Cool Space").  I used to live nearby on Soi Ari 1 and the shop had, and still does have, lots of guys I think are very cute/handsome.  Often it seems to have the best stable of guys of any shop in Bangkok, although of course as in most of Bangkok, not strong with twinks.  But for some reason or another, for me it's mostly been a string of  disappointing experiences.  I am truly jealous of anyone who has the mojo for that shop.  It could be perfect.  

 

As in life, we fall in love and out of love.  I think Senso was my first of these spots to go to ever, and I used to go there every year.  Now, only every 2-3 years.  

 

I have been to Fork & Cork by Sphinx on Soi 4.  I give it an enthusiastic thumbs up.  It never seems to be very busy, so I've pretty much always been able to get a table and the food is very good.   The good news and bad news is that you're just that tad bit removed from the scene and crowds of Telephone and Balcony.  I definitely recommend it if you want a bit more room than those other places.  It's also a bit more private and quiet.  Actually having a conversation is possible there, so that's where I go if I'm with someone.  

You are especially generous with your time in answering questions.  I'm not surprised that you avoid that other board, it was the first one I found but it seems to be inhabited by the most ornery group I've ever seen.
 
I think most of the people are fine, but there is a group you can count on to pick on grammar and spelling, etc.
 
Oddly, Sphinx was never crowded either and the food was very good.

 

SGlad, however, for whatever reason, decided to try to con people into believing that he was a young Singapore student studying in Chiang Mai.  It was both tedious and false.  But no surprise, he has long since been outed as a fraud.

 

Wasnt he outed on another Board and banned as a hydra? If I recall correctly his alter ego who had been posting before sglad appeared was as Sugargranpa. Strange both names prominently feature S and G. And wouldn't you know both are still members of this Board! Is there a hydra here  :fool:

Also, I need to stock up on pharmaceuticals.  Any recommendations for pharmacies and can I get these items easily?

 

Citalopram

Xanax

Viagra

Propecia

 

(You know you're getting old when that's your shopping list.)

An ailing friend once sent me to do medicine shopping for him (he spends about 8000 THB per month on medicine), and that was to the pharmacies on Rama 4 road across Chula hospital. He says they have the lowest prices and largest choice. On google maps, search for "Chula Bhesaj Pharmacy"; there are several pharmacies next to each other, and all around the corner from Soi Twilight.

 

Prices for medicine can vary widely, for Ciprofloxacin and Sidegra by factor two. In Cambodia (Pharmacie de la gare, near railway station as the name (French) says), some stuff is considerably cheaper than in Thailand, above mentioned friend asked me to bring some stuff from there as well (his consumption 50 USD per month when bought in Thailand, 22 USD per month when bought in Cambodia).

 

Price variations for Sidegra, own observations:

4x100 mg for 450 THB in Bangkok Soi Sribampen,

4x100 mg for 300 THB in Pattaya near Sunee,

4x50 mg for 100 THB in Bangkok opposite Chulalongkorn Hospital Rama 4 road.

from https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2018/08/wop-viagra-sidegra.html

.  

 

By the way, where is breakfast to be had in Foodland? 

there's a 24 hrs restaurant on premises , to the right as you enter store

if you going to Pattaya there's Foodland there on Beach Road in the basement of Royal something Plaza and they have the same

 

... but, to be fair, Madrid Pizza is almost as important.

 

 

no, it's pizza at Madrid Tavern in Patpong 1

there's a 24 hrs restaurant on premises , to the right as you enter store

if you going to Pattaya there's Foodland there on Beach Road in the basement of Royal something Plaza and they have the same

 

no, it's pizza at Madrid Tavern in Patpong 1

Thanks, I never noticed - I just hanker for the pizza so I guess I ran it together. By the way, years ago - so long I can't remember the exact location but the old Thai Room was along there do you know whats in that space now? We all went there in the dark ages.

 - so long I can't remember the exact location but the old Thai Room was along there do you know whats in that space now? 

perhaps other posters will know, until Christian PFC introduced Mardid Tavern to me,  Patpong , other than Foodland was never my feeding ground

A typical day in Bangkok is very easy for me to describe, as I follow the Japanese way of doing things; viz. look around until you find the best of the best and then stick to it, be it a "jiggly" cheesecake, a bowl of ramen noodles or a guy!

 

I wake up around noon, post a report about the previous night's adventures and then head off to Golden Cock for an hour of hands-on fun while my room is being cleaned.

 

I then grab my regular guy and head back to bed for an afternoon in the sack.

 

Then we'll either go out for dinner -usually at MK in Silom Complex, Mango Tree or the Japanese restaurant across from Golden Cock, or I'll head off alone to Siam Paragon for some retail therapy and dinner if he has other plans.

 

I then head over to Soi Twilight for a show and then back to GC for more fun and perhaps another off.

 

After we've finished I'll go to another bar -usually Screwboys - to finish the evening.

 

Same, same every day.

 

I have tried varying my routine every now and then - last trip I had a leg massage and offed the masseur - but I prefer my normal routine.

my bangkok trip

 

in the morning, i go to tourist attractions sites and malls

 

afternoon, i go for massage. its very hot to walk around in afternoon

 

night is my fun time. walk for dinner, seeking men in Tawan bar. im more to muscular men.

perhaps other posters will know, until Christian PFC introduced atpong is wonderfulMardid Tavern to me,  Patpong , other than Foodland was never my feeding ground

I don't know if you like French cooking but La Buchon in Patpong is wonderful. Old fashioned French, rich with sauces and large portions.  It's, frankly, hard to find better in France today.

I don't know if you like French cooking but La Buchon in Patpong is wonderful. Old fashioned French, rich with sauces and large portions.  It's, frankly, hard to find better in France today.

Sorry as I know this thread is about Bangkok, but I recommend Au Bon Coin in Pattaya for French food and ambiance

there's a 24 hrs restaurant on premises , to the right as you enter store

if you going to Pattaya there's Foodland there on Beach Road in the basement of Royal something Plaza and they have the same

 

 

Don't know about Pattaya but the Foodland restaurant (I forget it's name)  in Patpong 2 has an early hours 'Happy Hour'.

 

From bk.asia-city.com

 

“Bangkok’s classic 24-hour Thai restaurant chain Took Lae Dee has opened in Singapore, marking the brand’s first-ever foreign foray in its 45-year history.

 

With a name meaning “cheap and good” food, Took Lae Dee in Bangkok is a diner found inside Foodland supermarkets that's beloved for a late-night, post-drinking meal. “

 

https://bk.asia-city.com/travel/news/took-lae-dee-open-singapore

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.