Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest shamahan
    Started by Guest shamahan,

    In the threat on consequences of Trump win on his message board Gaybutton claims that the difference between amount of votes cast for Clinton and Trump is 0.0001 percent. Nobody corrected him. In reality, the difference is currently more than 300000 votes, which is around 0.3 percent of all votes cast. In any advanced Democracy this would be more than enough to proclaim an obvious winner. Apparently, there is a movement to pass (state by state) the law that would require representatives in Electoral college of a corresponding state to vote for the candidate who got the overall majority of popular vote. A number of states already passed such a law. This is much easier way …

  2. Started by TotallyOz,

    Judgement day is here! Who do you think is going to win? How big? How small?

  3. In some small encouraging countermeasure to all my comment on how we have Broken The Planet, a sliver of human progress: The James Webb Space Telescope (Webb was one of the very effective generation of early NASA administrators) is entering the physical-testing stage of development. With a much bigger mirror surface than Hubble, it should reveal wonders untold. For starry-eyed futurists such as your umble narrator, it is encouraging at the same time as a depressing reminder of all we lost when Nixon cancelled, in a failure of both imagination and nerve (which phrase Arthur C. Clarke used in his book Profiles of the Future to describe the twin demons that cause o…

  4. Started by Lucky,

    FBI Director James Comey, once thought to be a pillar of integrity for standing up to Attorney General John Ashcroft, has sent a letter to Republicans in Congress revealing that he is now conducting additional investigation into the Hillary Clinton email matter. His speech to the public announcing the results of the earlier Clinton investigation were so inconsistent with the FBI's policies over decades, that to see him now releasing information that the public has no ability to evaluate just 11 days before the election is no doubt the most irresponsible act ever committed by an FBI Director. Take that, J. Edgar! Normally, the FBI never discusses their pending investi…

  5. Started by MsAnn,

    http://sf.curbed.com/2016/3/28/11319088/westerfeld-house

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  6. Started by Lucky,

    A Japanese woman farted during her surgery. The gas came into contact with a laser, and the event turned into a pretty hot date for all. No word on whether Adam Smith was present, unless that name in Japanese is Asahi Shimbun. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/patient-burned-mid-surgery-explosion-laser-ignites-fart-article-1.2852543 The event is not as rare as would seem:

  7. Started by Lucky,

    The NY Times article details the discovery that HIV came to New York in 1971, then moved to San Francisco by 1976, far earlier than previously thought. "Patient Zero," long blamed for bringing the virus to the US, is innocent! http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/27/health/hiv-patient-zero-genetic-analysis.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0 INNOCENT!

  8. Started by TotallyOz,

    I loved her speech and there was a massive difference in tone between the 2 USA conventions. I'd be curious to see what American living abroad think.

  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    Better Things (TV series) is a new show that I am enjoying. I like it a lot. I think pretty clever and also funny. I like the musical scores as well.

  10. Guest JDDanielsxxx
    Started by Guest JDDanielsxxx,

    Hey Guys, About a couple of months ago during my visit in Minneapolis, I had an escort buddy of mine tell me he was about $400.00 short of his move-in fee into a new place, so I fronted him the money so he wouldn't be out on the street. Wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing he was in trouble and didn't help him. He and I both did a promissory note/contract in order for him to repay back the loan on a certain date (which was due back to me within the following week). He never re-paid back the loan, and is avoiding me like the plague - ignoring emails and phone calls. This is now the second occurrence being scammed or ripped off by a fellow escort. Jus…

  11. Guest JDDanielsxxx
    Started by Guest JDDanielsxxx,

    Hey Guys, Sorry I have been off the map for awhile. I've been taking a break from any forum interactions in order to cope with some personal issues I needed to resolve and overcome in my life. I have a few threads I'm going to post that I need some advice, and opinions on that are kind and simple (not being mean, harsh or bullying towards me). Please share your thoughts (kindly) being open and honest about these topics I'm about to be open and truthful about. Thanks and hugs, JD Daniels

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    I believe I wrote back last year how much I enjoyed Istanbul. I had a blast there and the gay apps were great. I had lots of sex but most for free. Some would propose money for modest amounts and that was OK for me as well. Just read this article on the changing escort scene in Turkey and found it fascinating. http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2016/09/turkey-changing-face-of-sex-industry-services.html

  13. Guest parisrio2000
    Started by Guest parisrio2000,

    I find it strange that there are so many college students in Boston. But so hard to find a straight young guy who wants to make some money on the side? Anyway, I'm not wise to how or why to find them. I've tried craigslist and it's a bust. Any idea how I can find straight college guys who might be into this? And if not (I think I remember a member here saying it's actually quite hard) any ideas about why this is hard to find. One would think this is an easy way to make some cash and beats having a job, so why don't more do it.

  14. Some of you have visited Backpage,com in the past. It look like this is going the way of rentboy.com unfortunately https://consumerist.com/2016/10/06/ceo-of-backpage-com-charged-with-allegedly-pimping-a-minor-conspiracy-to-commit-pimping/#more-10256766

  15. Guest Larstrup
    Started by Guest Larstrup,

    Replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phone catches fire on Southwest plane by Jordan Golson @jlgolson Oct 5, 2016, 1:15p Southwest Airlines flight 994 from Louisville to Baltimore was evacuated this morning while still at the gate because of a smoking Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone. All passengers and crew exited the plane via the main cabin door and no injuries were reported, a Southwest Airlines spokesperson told The Verge. More worrisome is the fact that the phone in question was a replacement Galaxy Note 7, one that was deemed to be safe by Samsung. The Verge spoke to Brian Green, owner of the Note 7, on the phone earlier today and he con…

    • 0 replies
    • 972 views
  16. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    I have read your postings over at "The Other Site" and I am very pleased that you have joined us over here. I hope to meet you in person some day.

  17. Started by lilbob69,

    Hi Guys I'm heading off to BKK on Thai Airways soon and was thinking about meals on the flight. Usually I just have the 'normal' meal (red chicken curry rice etc) which is fine, although not the best red curry. Has anyone had any experience with ordering 'special' meals? I'm usually not really hungry when they serve the food anyway so thought maybe I'd mix things up and get a kosher meal or diabetic meal. No idea what's in any of those of course. Any suggestions? Any sample menus? Cheers

  18. Started by Suckrates,

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  19. Started by Suckrates,

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  20. I would agree that it is the best in South America! http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/rio-travel/rio-voted-south-americas-best-lgbt-beach-destination/#

  21. Started by Suckrates,

    • 0 replies
    • 759 views
  22. Started by TotallyOz,

    Although this article is mostly about non-gay strippers, I found it very interesting to read! http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/we-talked-to-montreals-male-strippers-about-their-female-clients-and-druggy-co-workers

  23. Started by TotallyOz,

    Having know many of these guys in a past life, this movie looks interesting.

  24. Started by Suckrates,

    In the vain of a 50's game show, let's play Name THAT Part ! You are to choose 1 of the following parts of the male genitalia that you enjoy most AND focus on during Oral sex.... (the cock head, shaft, Balls or Taint). And NO Mr Smith the answer "YES" will not apply here and you will hear the exclusion buzzer. For Grandma, it's the head, preferably Uncut. I find I can do the most with it. It is multi-faceted with the glans, the piss-hole, the skin, and can be controlled and manipulated quite nicely... I also enjoy when there are those little bonus secretions. I wish I had a nickel for how many times a guy has said to Grandma "Ooooh baby, suck on t…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.