The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Rupert Everett's Advice To Gay Actors: Stay In The Closet http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/02/rupert-everetts-advice-to_n_377010.html Rupert Everett has been openly gay since he came out 20 years ago, but he doesn't recommend that route for other actors. "It's not that advisable to be honest. It's not very easy," he told UK's Guardian. "And, honestly, I would not advise any actor necessarily, if he was really thinking of his career, to come out." At 50, the 'My Best Friend's Wedding' star says that homophobia in Hollywood has kept him from becoming a leading man. He says that heterosexuals are cast as gays (pointing to 'Brokeback Mountain' and 'Transamerica') bu…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Before when i was suffering severe deppression,I started looking for i guess "answers" to life and why I was here. Life didnt seem exciting anymore,even when i was going to Thailand. So I started doing some soul searching and saw adverts on billboards "Tired of being tired,then Dianetics can help" I rang the phone number and the receptionist from the SCIENTOLOGY CHURCH took my phone number and a guy called me back,he invited me to a film night at their HQ. Actually he called me 3 times during the day of the film night to make sure i was coming. I went there and walked thru there palatial foyer and there were about 8 others ranging in age from late 20s to …
-
- 4 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
-
Just in time for the holidays, there is a new video game wherein the player can choose at some point to have gay sex with an elf. Calm down, the game is available right now. Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/05/arts/television/05dragon.html?_r=1&ref=arts
-
- 0 replies
- 671 views
-
-
I have several asian students renting beds from me in my flat. Two are from Korea and the other young guy 19yo Japanese boy. I would appreciate if some of you could give some statitistics if you are older than 45yo. Anyway the Japanese boy is studying Sociology at College and takes his homework seriously. Currently he is studying work sick leave/sick days and trying to do a essay for it. He is continually asking me questions on culture etc ,working culture. Australia apparently has a very lax approach to work with every employee especially civil servants taking 20 or more days in sick leave each year. Japanese apparently are scared to take sick days and it se…
-
Same-sex Marriage Bill Voted Down in New York Senate December 2, 2009 (CNN) -- Gov. David Paterson pledged to keep fighting for same-sex marriage in New York after the state Senate on Wednesday killed a bill that would have legalized the practice. The bill had Paterson's support and had passed the state Assembly. Supporters predicted a close vote going into Wednesday's Senate debate. But eight of Paterson's fellow Democrats, including two members of the Senate leadership, joined a unanimous Republican caucus on the 38-24 vote. In a statement issued Wednesday afternoon, Paterson said, "It is always darkest before the dawn. "As disappointed as we are tod…
-
I have not gotten it yet but will for some family members who loved her voice. I hope the record is great for her and her career!
-
- 4 replies
- 872 views
- 1 follower
-
-
If you will recall, thousands upon thousands of our fellow gay men had their lives taken by an unknown virus. They were guys just like you and me who enjoyed their gay world, enjoyed their new liberties, and suffered the consequences of HIV. I wish they were still here, but the least we can do is not forget them.
-
- 3 replies
- 743 views
-
-
"Family Ties" actress Meredith Baxter made the media rounds Wednesday confirming the rumors that she is a lesbian. "It was a later in life recognition," the actress explained to Matt Lauer on the "Today" show Wednesday. The National Enquirer recently ran a story about Baxter being spotted on a lesbian cruise through the Caribbean with a "female friend," which was then picked up by celebrity blogs. As a result, the 62-year-old decided to tell her fans herself. "I didn't want some tabloid to take the story and make it up," Baxter said in the interview. "I wanted it to be in my own words." Baxter was also interviewed on Sirius XM Radio's "The Frank DeCaro Show." Coming …
-
- 0 replies
- 687 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Holiday visitors may like to know of the temporary exhibitions now there, all unimaginable in another venue. There is more of William Blake than I've ever seen in one place. Weird but great, and deserted. The Rococo drawings are as good as they sound, also deserted. The Puccini material is in a tiny room and almost looks like an afterthought. Of interest to opera queens, but probably nobody else, equally deserted. The Jane Austen exhibition is big and ambitious. Jammed to the doors. http://www.themorgan.org/exhibitions/default.asp
-
- 1 reply
- 726 views
-
-
Buenos Aires, Argentina (CNN) Latin America's first same-sex marriage, set to be held in Argentina on Tuesday, appeared derailed after a judge filed an injunction to stop the union until the issue can be reviewed further. Judge Marta Gomez Alsina's ruling blocks an earlier holding by another judge that found city laws banning same-sex marriage unconstitutional, the court said in a statement. Alex Freyre and Jose Maria di Bello had planned to make their marriage official at a civil ceremony and chose December 1 because it is World AIDS Day. The registrar responsible for the civil marriages in Buenos Aires has been notified of the ruling, the court said. …
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I have always found the people in NYC interesting in elections. For such a liberal city, it elected Rudy 2 times. Now this election. I like the guy myself but wonder what New Yorker's think of him?
-
- 2 replies
- 794 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I think this is a brilliant song and the video is amazing as well. You may remember Will Young as the first winner of the UK's "Pop Idol" just before American Idol started. He came out as gay right after he won. Enjoy this amazing song and video:
-
Happy Turkey Day to all. I have been very blessed in life but many of them are the people I have from this board. I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving!
-
- 10 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
You can see the rest of the photos here: http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/gallery/31054172/taylor_lautner_new_moon_s_teen/photo/1/medium
-
- 1 reply
- 717 views
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 608 views
-
-
http://perezhilton.com/2009-11-25-lambert-speaks-again (sorry for the Perez link, but I couldn't find this part anywhere else yet) http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5772614n http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5772878n
-
I love these things on a boy. It is a real turn on for me. Do others find them gross or attractive? I especially love full back tats.
-
- 4 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Ahhh, remember the good ole times?....When real life people challenged us and our attitudes against those of who lived without? And then, those whose attitudes challenged those very one of us who had none at all? Did I just Digress? ChgoBoy, Woodlawn, Doug69, BoN, TaylorKY, and so many others. Where are they now? Seems to me - Even though they may have pissed some of us off at times - They always made us ALL think at the same time about who we really are and were - then and now - when maybe we didn't really want to think about it. Then OR now....... THIS IS FOR THEM
-
- 6 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Why is it - that the one who shits more completely on your face - Is he then the one who continues to feel the embrace and love of those who support these type sites of escort review and forum conversation more fully over this one? When Daddy is at his worst - This site seems to spike in activity and conversation, in regard to posters sharing there displeasure. And then it fades back to the dull drums that it has always been. But in the end - It's always Daddy who is laughing all the way to the bank (with his review advertising and self pity begging for donations) That keeps the conversation over there to a level that this site has never known. Where are all the peopl…
-
Lady Gaga: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbZHHkRmajQ Jay Z & Alicia Keys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECC8QdBsRUo Janet Jackson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD_H7ztHF_Y Whitney Houston: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUPQTmi65zM Adam Lambert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h5byMa8cqI Jennifer Lopez: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZEavVN58KY
-
- 5 replies
- 715 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am watching V as I write and the smile on this guys just keeps me watching an alien show.
-
- 3 replies
- 779 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Federal Lawsuit Filed Against Atlanta Police over Raid at Gay Club Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- A federal lawsuit was filed Tuesday against Atlanta police over a September raid at a gay club, on behalf of 19 patrons who say they were forcibly searched and detained. The suit, filed by the gay-rights group Lambda Legal, names Atlanta Police Chief Richard Pennington and 48 officers who were at the Atlanta Eagle bar the night of September 10. "The Atlanta Police Department dispatched about 20 to 30 officers to the Atlanta Eagle, including its 'Red Dog' unit dressed in SWAT team gear," according to a statement from Lambda Legal. "But inside the bar, the APD found…
-
Only to prove I am the most worthless poster that ever wasted oxygen:
-
- 2 replies
- 924 views
-
-
Oprah Winfrey to End Talk Show in Sept 2011 Thu Nov 19 By Jill Serjeant LOS ANGELES, Nov 19 (Reuters) Oprah Winfrey, one of the most influential and highly paid women on television, will announce on Friday she is ending her popular daytime talk show in 2011. Winfrey's production company, Harpo Inc, said on Thursday she would make the official announcement on Friday's live program from Chicago and talk about the reasons behind the decision to end it after 25 years on the air. She is expected to move to cable network OWN, or Oprah Winfrey Network, a Los Angeles-based joint venture she formed with Discovery Communications Inc, when her current syndic…