The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
I spent Saturday afternoon in awe at film perfection. I went with friends the Arclight Theatre in Hollywood to see "Precious". The acting in this movie is unbelievable. While the subject matter is difficult, you do leave the movie with a sense of hope. I'm still in shock over the performance from Mo'nique. If she doesn't win the Academy Award for this role, then every Academy winner should send her their awards. Her performance was one of the best I've ever seen on film. She makes Mommie Dearest look like Martha Stewart. Even Mariah Carey was good and she irritates me endlessly. Although her role is small, she nailed it. This is one of those movies that you wil…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
With any new website, there are going to be snags and issues. Please use the Contact Us button or post here to let us know if you find glitches and errors or things that do not work. A special thanks to our beta testers who helped get the site ready and our programmers who worked hard to make this happen.
-
- 65 replies
- 9.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Here we go again, folks. Today, the 46th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, Thailand once again predicts political upheaval in Thaksin's efforts to regain power. If nothing else, the man is persistent. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Fierce Political Battles Brewing Published on November 22, 2009 Ex-intelligence chief warns of violence as Thaksin and his allies might unleash all their might to topple govt Political tensions are building to danger point as fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra steps up his struggle to regain power over the next several months, an intelligence expert and political observers warn…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Damn, I hate to see, let alone post stories like this. But such is the state of Homophobia in the world. http://www.towleroad.com/2009/11/gay-puerto-rican-teen-decapitated-dismembered-and-burned.html Over the weekend the brutalized body of gay teen George Steven Lopez Mercado was found by the side of a road in Puerto Rico. The police investigator suggested that he deserved what he got because of the "type of lifestyle" he was leading. According to an iReport by Chrisopher Pagan: "On November 14 the body of a gay 19 year old was found a few miles away from the town in which he was residing in called Caguas. He was a very well known person in the gay comm…
-
- 6 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
Nineteen-year-old, Jorge Steven Lopez Mercado’s body was found burned, decapitated and dismembered on Nov. 14 in Cayey, a city only a few miles away from his hometown in Caguas. According to an iReport by Christopher Pagan, “He was a very well known person in the gay community of Puerto Rico, and very loved.” Pagan said, “Never in the history of Puerto Rico has a murder been classified as a hate crime. Even though we have to follow federal mandates and laws, many of the laws in which are passed in the USA such as Obama’s new bill, do not always directly get practiced in Puerto Rico.” Pagan also noted the public remarks from a police investigator for the case that ‘peop…
-
- 1 reply
- 877 views
- 1 follower
-
-
This may be the first country in Latin American to approve same sex marriage. http://www.towleroad.com/2009/11/judge-in-argentina-rules-gay-couple-can-marry.html
-
- 0 replies
- 673 views
- 1 follower
-
-
The annual Leonids meteor shower will occur tonight. Throughout Asia, it is predicted that 200 to 300 meteors per hour will be seen, about 10 times the number that will be visible in other parts of the world. The best time to start looking will be around midnight, but the majority of meteors will be seen after midnight. You want to be as far from the glare of city lights as you can, in order to get the best views. If the skies are clear this could be quite a spectacular show. Scientists are saying that none of the meteors will be dangerous. They are all too small for that. Scientists also say that on rare occasions, this meteor shower produces up to 10…
-
- 0 replies
- 1k views
-
-
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer's history if you die. 2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong. 3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger. 4. There is great need for a sarcasm font. 5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? 6. Was learning cursive really necessary? 7. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died. 9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired. 10. Bad decisions make good stories. Horrible decisions make even better…
-
- 1 reply
- 2k views
-
-
LOL I read the story about the man getting denied First Class because of his track suit. I had to laugh. I have been in First Class for years with my tie dyed hippie t-shirt (my favorite for travel), Birkenstocks, and $2.50 Thai Cargo Shorts. When I read this story I wondered if I were next in line for an ousting. http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=620001025.blog&poe=HFMostPopularUPDATE (10:15 p.m. ET on Thursday, Nov. 5): United is out with its side of the story. (Scroll down for the original post.) Airline spokesman Robin Urbanski told me in an e-mail Thursday evening that the airline does not have a policy that would prevent …
-
- 12 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Teledildonics has arrived! http://www.realtouch.com/dispatcher/index (I must credit Daddy for linking to a news item about this today.)
-
- 1 reply
- 811 views
-
-
Will NASA never get its mojo back? Buzz Aldrin's indictment of the current return-to-moon program: Why We Need Better Rockets By Buzz Aldrin Well, it looked spectacular. I'm referring to NASA's recent launch of the Ares 1-X, billed as the prototype of the Ares 1 as a crew launch vehicle, a fancy term for a manned space booster. The rocket is said to have performed as planned, and ushered in the era of the Ares rockets to replace the Space Shuttle next year. Only it won't. In fact, the much-hyped Ares 1-X was much ado about nothing. Yes, the rocket that thundered aloft from NASA's Launch Pad 39B sure looked like an Ares 1. But that's where the resemblance stops. Turns…
-
- 7 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
This has always been one of my favorite shows. It is a lot of fun and I don't miss any episode. I have really enjoyed this season and there are some hotties on there. Now that the merge has happened, who do you think will win?
-
- 1 reply
- 740 views
- 1 follower
-
-
If you're terminally bored with all the good news coming out of Afganistan lately, you might want to read this piece by Seymour Hersh featuring cameos by all the players in the Pakistan nuclear security game (Taliban excepted). Keep in mind the Pakistan military is a state within the state. When the article discusses mutiny, it's talking about possible power struggles within the Army, not whether or not the brass will send the civilians packing again. The latter is understood to be a given, even by the civilians. from the New Yorker
-
- 0 replies
- 928 views
-
-
I've just been advised by my credit card bank that in line with current trends, my APR rate on purchases will go to 23.99% in December. The letter goes on about increases on a host of other services as well, all of them even more rapacious. In the midst of all that there's a pitch to get me to transfer my other balances to this card. No idea of the meaning of shame, or sign that the author of the notification thinks the recipient can actually read English. I'm so glad that none of this affects me personally.
-
- 8 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
For those of you that have been gracious enough to upgrade to Silver or Gold, we have fixed the size issue on the forum and it should now show properly. Thank you for your patience. Also, for those of you that didn't have a problem with the size, I can tell you from first hand experience but size does matter.
-
- 1 reply
- 900 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Those of you who have had genital warts etc now have the HPV Virus. This virus caused by oral sex,anal sex etc,even with a condom. There is a vaccine called GARDISIL,however it seems most Western Countries do not subdisise male patients. DONT think this is not SERIOUS!Some of you in later life will succumb to this virus,going thru radiation and chemo usually only prolongs your life . Here is a few excerpts from various websites. "A lack of awareness of the HPV vaccine is preventing gay men from accessing the vaccine before exposure to the virus, new research from Melbourne suggests. "Almost half of the 200 gay men surveyed said they would be willing to p…
-
- 7 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
As reported on another gay site, the Global Travel Service News channel, eturbonews, recently interviewed Bishop Janusz Kaleta of Holy See. The interview took place last month at a General Assembly of the United Nations World Tourist Organisation. According to Bishop Kaleta, gay and lesbian tourism is definitely unwelcome at the Vatican.
-
Noting that 12 of the 13 threads at the top of the menu were started by one poster, I first give him credit for trying to get something going, and I second wonder why more don't start threads of interest. The forum can't be all Oz all the time...unless it is Totally Oz, of course.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have been to this place in the past and am on their newsletter list. They have started to have shared experiences with people which have drastically cute the rates for those that don't require a private condo. For the month of December, they are giving a 20 percent discount to all. It is a great deal and the people at the place are top notch trainers and professionals. I have been there 4 times before and had a fantastic time every time. They are the true biggest loser pros. I highly recommend it and if you have a few pounds to loose and a little spare time in December check them out at: http://liveinfitnessenterprise.com/ Look at some of their success stories o…
-
- 0 replies
- 645 views
- 1 follower
-
-
The LA Marathon announced its new course. The owners of the Dodgers bought the marathon last year so it will start there and the course seems much more interesting than in past years. I am training with the Venice LA road runners club for the event if I am able to be in town then but love the training anyway. For those that live in the area, check out the new course through WeHo, Rodeo Drive and ending in Santa Monica with a big party! http://www.lamarathon.com/
-
- 0 replies
- 947 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Perhaps Obama is right in that this is a once in our lifetime opportunity to overhaul the medical system in America. The below is from the Washington Post. Hours after President Obama exhorted Democratic lawmakers to "answer the call of history," the House hit an unprecedented milestone on the path to health-care reform, approving a trillion-dollar package late Saturday that seeks to overhaul private insurance practices and guarantee comprehensive and affordable coverage to almost every American. After months of acrimonious partisanship, Democrats closed ranks on a 220-215 vote that included 39 defections, mostly from the party's conservative ranks. But the bill attrac…
-
- 0 replies
- 739 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I had a friend that was recently diagnosed with cancer of the throat. He was worried about HPV and I didn't really know much about that so I started to do some research and found there is a vaccine. From what I read it is mostly for women but men can get it as well. Has anyone gotten this? Know about it? Recommend it? http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/1667_12736.shtml
-
- 2 replies
- 996 views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
I hear news reports all the time that the recession (I think Depression) is ending and on an upturn. I have not seen it yet. Now this: WASHINGTON (Reuters) — The unemployment rate hit 10.2% in October, surpassing 10% for the first time since 1983. The Labor Department also said Friday that employers cut a deeper-than-expected 190,000 jobs in October. It revised job losses for August and September to show 91,000 fewer jobs lost than previously reported. Analysts polled by Reuters had expected payrolls to drop 175,000 and the jobless rate to edge up to 9.9% from 9.8% in September. The labor market is being watched for signs whether the economic recovery that started i…
-
- 2 replies
- 780 views
- 1 follower
-
-
AND available (for the RIGHT price)... Know I've seen him on one of the porn sites.
-
- 1 reply
- 802 views
-