The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
The House of Representatives have sent new rules of conduct to it's members. Under the rules you can call the president a "nit wit." You may not, however, say that he fucks goats. http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/...l_putdowns.html
-
- 0 replies
- 758 views
-
-
I really loved him in Dirty Dancing, Ghost and To Wong Foo! Sadly, my favorite movie of him was Roadhouse. I loved it. Tells you what a redneck hick I am. His last TV series was really enjoyable and I got into it. He will be missed!
-
- 1 reply
- 860 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I personally believe that someone that wants to stay in the closet should. I wish they would not as I think it is detrimental to themselves and to the community. However, I don't think someone should be forced to come out. I know it would have pushed me further into the closet in my 20's. Now, there are widespread reports about the Lt. Gov of SC. What do you think about this kind of reporting? http://www.blogactive.com/2009/08/rumors-confirmed.html
-
- 46 replies
- 4.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Something I've noticed this summer. Every time a relationship is about to end I find myself smoking more - even though I'm not consciously aware that the relationship is about to end. I think from now on whenever I find myself smoking two packs instead of one a day, I'm going to start looking for a new partner, so I'm prepared for what's to come. Anyone else notice patterns in their lives when relationships are about to tank?
-
- 10 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
I recently got a great health insurance that covers me worldwide. Part of my policy is that I am out of the USA at least 6 months a year and I always am so that was not a biggie. The total cost was 300 a month with a 1000 deductible. I had posted a link to the IMG website that I used. http://www.imglobal.com/coverage/global/?g...CFRhinAodeSYL_g I had used this company when I would travel outside the USA for a few months and if you only need coverage on trips, it is very inexpensive for short trips and when you travel, many insurance companies will not cover you while you are out of the country for anything other than an Emergency. Some will not even cover that. Che…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have been looking for an extended trip to Mexico and trying to come up with an iteniary. It has not been easy. Hotels are pretty cheap right now and the resorts are all offering great rates. I found this article on CNN and thought it was worth reading. Mexico's economy taking hits from all directions (CNN) -- The Mexican economy went off a cliff in the second three months of 2009, with the gross domestic product dropping 10.3 percent from the same period last year, according to government figures. The GDP for the second quarter also declined 1.1 percent from the first three months of the year, the National Institute of Statistics and Geography said Thursday. The…
-
- 8 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
TomCal suggested I stay at a Sheraton in Porto Alegre. I have never stayed in Sheraton's as they are not part of my points systems I use often. A friend suggested that I contact them and present my status with other hotel chains. I did contact their support and immediately received an e-mail saying if I could give proof to them that I have Platinum with one or more of their competitors, they would be willing to offer me their top tier. I sent the documentation in that day. Less than a week later, I got a welcome letter and confirming my top tier status with their chain until the end of 2010. Thank you Starwood! Thanks TomCal for suggesting this hotel. Has anyone …
-
- 0 replies
- 680 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Apparently Jaycee Dugard is going to appear on Oprah. She is getting 1Million for the appearance. I wish her well. I am sure this will be a win for Oprah and I hope it doesn't do more damage to this poor lady.
-
- 0 replies
- 649 views
- 1 follower
-
-
This week, Allison Vivas of Pink Visual received a fax from Newt Gingrich’s American Solutions for Winning the Future (ASWF) group, informing her that she’s been chosen for a 2009 Entrepreneur of the Year award by his Business Defense and Advisory Council. From the letter obtained by ThinkProgress: Newt would like to arrange a private dinner with you at the historic Capitol Hill Club on the evening of October 7, 2009 in Washington. You’ll dine privately with Newt at this exclusive venue and he’ll take the occasion to present you with your well deserved award and have your photo taken together. This tremendous honor is a testament to your success in build…
-
- 2 replies
- 703 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Most of you who read this are middle aged or older. My question is,how many of you try to exercise daily and keep yourself or try to keep yourself in good nick? It doesnt matter where you live,in Pattaya,Detroit,Auckland or Tasmania. Do you walk,run,or go to the gym,or have you gave up. How many of you lift weights anymore?
-
Anyone read this book yet? I have friends that say it is wonderful. Anyone had a chance to read yet?
-
- 2 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
-
Did you see Bill's latest New Rules? Absolutely hilarious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsSizEF_YMA
-
- 0 replies
- 978 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Deciding to stop being vague about it Moz has announced Numbers will no longer be a gay venue. Considering that 70% off his business is on the last fully gay night there(Saturday)this is a totally FAIL proposition. Hope he can pay his bills in the pussy he hopes he will get out of this. I give it 6 months max
-
- 13 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
You might have noticed in the upper left hand corner of the home page that there is a link to a site which sells porn DVDs. The link usually shows a cute Asian guy with an erection, so yes, I tuned in. I rarely look at porn on the internet, especially since xtube went down the tubes. My favorite Asian porn films have been by the director called OGGI. Some of his films have had the cutest guys doing the sexiest things, but he insists on lengthy scenery shots to interrupt the action. I forgive him. Cream of Coconuts is my favorite OGGI film. So my first order I concentrated on buying OGGI films. The service from the company was excellent, the films were so-so. OGGI appare…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
What a great Friday night for eye candy. I stumbled into a fantastic double header on TV. Who knew? First, I finally saw on TNT 300 for the first time. What great physiques on all the characters. I know they were computer enhanced/generated but very erotic nevertheless. The graphic artists certainly shared my taste for the ideal physique on for the mature male form - on each and every form fo the 300. The Persians were more ordinary mostly with the exception of the graphic artist's hot vision of Xerxes -- more of a fantasy poster rendition but very erotic. I know they played fast and loose with historical fidelity but I know the history. All-in-all a great movie for…
-
- 3 replies
- 937 views
-
-
This new show is one of the funniest I have seen in ages. I am loving it. If you haven't had a chance to see it, download it and watch it. Perhaps it is just I am a Broadway Queen but I love this new show!
-
- 0 replies
- 713 views
- 1 follower
-
-
It is almost upon us. I was in NYC when the attacks happened. I had just woken up to a nightmare. I had friends in the towers and my BF was at school on 24th and 8th Avenue. At that time I owned an escort agency in NYC. I had to take my business phones off the hook for days as the tragedy took us all in New York by surprise and we were not sure what we were going to do. It was the most I had cried in years. The towers are still not rebuilt. I would love to see them again. I can't wait to see what the developers do to that area. My friends still have dogs that needed adoption because of displacement of their families. For me, each September 11, I pause and th…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I gathered from another article that the full treatment would cost about $400 for the shots. Not clear whether that included doctor's fees. Something to think about. FDA panel wants to protect your ass.
-
- 1 reply
- 778 views
-
-
After a long year!!!!!! We are close to having the site ready with new code, new features and lots of other goodies! I'll be asking for some beta testers for it. If you are willing please let me know so we can let you play around there and give advice before we go live!
-
- 16 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
One of my favorite photographers could end up loosing the rights to her amazing collection if debts are not paid soon. This would be a true shame if this were to happen. If you have never seen the film about her last year, buy it or rent it. It is amazing. I hope this is settled up and she retains her rights to her collections. http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/09/08/leibo...debt/index.html
-
- 8 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
If you can help him I know it would be appriciated.This was posted over there. Please guys-keep your comments civil-not the time for harsh words. " Daddy needs your help By James Several years ago Daddy dropped everything and drove three hours to help me out of a sticky situation. Over the years his advise has given me both the motivation and the funds to retire from Escorting and eventually to earn my MBA. Over the last few years I've become fairly successful and I owe this all to Daddy. Last Wednesday when a friend called to let me know that Daddy needed help. I looked at his post in the Message Center and the line: "But right now there's no one around to watch ov…
-
- 40 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
All the confusion and opaqueness of the current health care debate is scaring the hell out of ordinary people, especially those who still have private or employer paid medical coverage. Hell, it confuses me and I have actually put considerable effort into keeping current with the proposals. Josh Marshall asks why not just present the public option as a voluntary choice to buy into Medicare at any age. Medicare is familiar to most people through their parents/ grandparents. It's not some nebulous unknown that leaves them worried that they and their kids won't be able to get decent medical care. For me at least that kind of clarifies what the debate is really about. Mars…
-
- 17 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Scientists were able to isolate two antibodies responsible for resistance to the disease in an African patient. The discovery could be key to the development of a vaccine. http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/na...0,7870223.story After nearly two decades of futile searching for a vaccine against the AIDS virus, researchers are reporting the tantalizing discovery of antibodies that can prevent the virus from multiplying in the body and producing severe disease. They do not have a vaccine yet, but they may well have a road map toward the production of one. A team based at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla reports today in the journal Science that they have i…
-
- 3 replies
- 915 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Do you realize that at 9:09 and 9 seconds this morning, the date and time will be: 090909090909 That won't happen again for a few years . . .