Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    Everything I've read about it insists that there will be no views of what the series is named for. Pity. http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/hbos-hung-a-ris.html

    • 0 replies
    • 740 views
  2. Guest GaySacGuy
    Started by Guest GaySacGuy,

    Gay Queen Gay Prom Queen Picture LOS ANGELES – An openly gay teen has been voted prom queen at his Los Angeles high school in a campaign that began as a stunt but ended up spurring discussion on the campus about gender roles and popularity. Sergio Garcia said he felt "invincible" when he was crowned queen of the Fairfax High School dance at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel on Saturday. Days before the dance, Garcia told fellow students that he was "not your typical prom queen candidate. There's more to me than meets the eye." He also promised that he would be wearing a suit on prom night, but "don't be fooled: Deep down, I am a queen." And he made …

    • 1 reply
    • 1.7k views
  3. Owner is thinking of making it less of a Gay bar and more open to everybody. It is doomed if he tries that-I for one do not like women in Gay Bars-even fag hags. And we are talking female hosts as well. If you stop in-tell them what a bad idea this is.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. Started by BigK,

    I saw it today and loved it. Having watched the original series it was fun to notice all the references to the original. Also lots of Hunks. I'd like to pound the hell out of Chekhov, Kirk, and Kirk's father George. Lots of winks to the TV series including the death of the third guy on an away mission. Has anyone else seen it yet?

  5. Not the Lesbian I had hoped for but it is a woman and hispanic. She would bring a great deal of diversity to the court. Do you think your confirmation is going to be contentious? Do you think he picked a hispanic lady to quell the opposition before they even begun? Lets face it, the hispanic vote is a large part of his success and they are getting more powerful. To have the Republican's attack her may blow up in their face.

  6. Started by TotallyOz,

    I often get caught up in the moment and find someone so adorable that I would offer to fly them to the moon and back before reality sets in. I met a guy in Sao Paulo that I adored. I gave him a 2 out of 10 but for looks, he is simply amazing. Divine. Yummy. A perfect companion for me. As I saw him again in Rio (his home) at Club 117, I took him to my hotel for the evening. I was planning on keeping him for about a month (in my own mind). I had asked his daily rate and a weekly rate and we would decide after the first night. Well, even though he had a big fish on the line, he wasn't able to seal the deal. Sex was still a 2 out of 10. Kissing was excellent and he …

  7. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have been wanting to see this as it got some mixed reviews but it intrigued me. I will say I was shocked at how well the movie captivated my attention from beginning to end. It was a great movie and very enjoyable and informative. I would recommend this to anyone.

  8. In a couple of weeks those folks on the East Coast will get a taste of what some of us on the west get with Brandon Baker's rentboy.com pool parties. The Pool Party will be on June 10th-and parties throughout the pride weekend http://partywithbrandon.blogspot.com/2009/...-pittsbugh.html

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    As has been reported in previous posts, Numbers is changing dramatically. The following is a quote I believe from the manager / owner or someone at the restaurant: "Numbers has been known as a hustler bar for 33 years, but the truth is bars down the street have more hustlers in a night than we do in a month. Your point about boys walking around in underwear is well taken, and we are NOT going to be having boys anymore on a regular basis. We are aiming to become more mainstream, and welcome anyone for a nice place to spend part or all of their evening. There will be only one night a week that will have boys and girls that will be dressed more risque, and that will be Satu…

    • 1 reply
    • 835 views
  10. What a true shame that the court allowed this to stand. I think we all knew it would be the final decision given they had requested security and protection once the verdict was reached. But, the decision was not even close. What is the next step for California? http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/05/26/calif...iage/index.html

  11. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    This version was recorded almost 100 years ago, and is still unequaled. http://www.firstworldwar.com/audio/landofhopeandglory.htm When you get to the page, look for where to click to hear the record.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    I enjoyed the last contest and am thinking of doing another one related to posting of reviews. Any suggestions? comments? grips? prize suggestions?

  13. Switzerland fights back tax haven slurs — with half-naked farmers Roger Boyes http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...amp;attr=797093 Switzerland, fed up with being portrayed as a tax-dodgers’ paradise, is rebranding itself as a land of hunky half-naked peasants with waxed chests and tight leather shorts. “We want to show Switzerland in its best light, the countryside and a bit of its culture,†says Tina Steinauer, who has been shooting the 2010 calendar for the Swiss farmers’ union at the village of Seegräben near Zurich. The culture in this case centres mainly on skimpily clad male farmers holding hoes or throwing around bales of hay with what app…

    • 0 replies
    • 750 views
  14. Guest Conway
    Started by Guest Conway,

    Carrie Prejean quote: "Well, I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. We live in a land that you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage, and you know what, in my country and in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised and that's how I think it should be between a man and a woman." Barack Obama Quote: "I do not support gay marriage. Marriage has religious and social connotations, and I consider marriage to be between a man and a woman." Why is one (Prejean) considered a pariah by the gay community while the other (Obama) …

  15. Researchers at the Children's Hospital of Philedelphia (CHOP) may have made a breakthrough in the search for an effective AIDS vaccine. As near as I can translate the medical/scientific jargon, what follows is what they've done: Using SIV (the simian version of HIV) as a model, they gene modified an adeno virus to code for known SIV specific antibodies. The researchers then utilized the modified virus as a gene transfer agent by injecting it into the muscle tissue of monkeys. Muscle cells took up the modified virus and began expressing (manufacturing) the antibodies. The circulatory system picked up the antibodies and passively carried them throughout the body. The p…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  16. Started by TotallyOz,

    On a past job, before pimp or pornographer, I had a "regular" job. When I left, the staff threw me a party. They did not know I was leaving to start an escort business. They thought I was taking a new position in the legal field. They gave me a book, Oh the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss. They have filled the covers from front to back with little notes and wishes. I walked into Target the other day and saw the book on the stand. I had to take it out to read it. They were right. I have really traveled to many places that I never dreamed possible. I grew up poor white trailer park in the deep south with no one in my family ever venturing out of the state. Now, …

  17. Started by TotallyOz,

    At least in LA, the new Adult Services area was a pain in the ass with all the pussy ads. Now, they have it subdivided into M4M etc. I can't see much of a difference other than the words used in the ads and less numbers of guys posting. I did hear from several across the country that law enforcement has been going after those that list on the site. Not good news for them and advice to be careful!

  18. Guest taylorsquare
    Started by Guest taylorsquare,

    Have to go into hospital next week to remove kidney stones so will be there for a week. Is there any good books out lately you could reccomend? im not allowed to take my laptop in there. not really into fiction,i love biographies,or georgraphy type books or other types. Anyone read any good books lately?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  19. Guest lvdkeyes
    Started by Guest lvdkeyes,

    Has any American here who is receiving SS gotten his $250 stimulus money yet?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  20. Started by Lucky,

    My local Palm Springs craigslist no longer has an erotic services section, thus even massages are out. But the m4m section offers this: 18m seeking pnp tonight or tomorrow - 18 (ps) Reply to:pers-fn2zj-118****656@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] Date: 2009-05-22, 12:45AM PDT looking to pnp tonight and get fucked.im btm and will do just about anything.im 5'9 150 athletic.into getting spanked and sucking cock and rimmming.any age is ok as long as you like pnp and have some as well.im 420 friendly and i have some and popper friendly as well dont have any.plz be able to host Wouldn't society be better off if I just paid a guy to jack me off, rather than ind…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  21. Started by Lucky,

    From Huffington Post, it looks like 3 states attorneys won a battle with craigslist: CHICAGO — Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan says that Craigslist is getting rid of its "erotic services" ads and will create a new adult category that Web site employees will review. Madigan's office said Wednesday that such existing ads on Craigslist will expire in seven days. Madigan and the attorneys general for Connecticut and Missouri met with Craigslist officials last week seeking an end to ads they contend are advertisements for illegal sexual activities. An e-mail sent to Craigslist CEO Jim Buckmaster was not immediately returned Wednesday morning. Craigslist came unde…

  22. Guest Astrrro
    Started by Guest Astrrro,

    DEFENSE BOSS HAILS NO-PANTS HERO By ANDY SOLTIS May 23, 2009 -- Defense Secretary Robert Gates yesterday saluted a 19-year-old solider from Texas who was caught in his pink boxers -- which read, "I Love New York" -- last week during a firefight with the Taliban in eastern Afghanistan. Army Spc. Zachary Boyd of Fort Worth became a reluctant celebrity when an Associated Press photo of him in his undies appeared in newspapers. That prompted a debate in the blogosphere over whether he was dressed for battle. But Gates defended Boyd's lack of pants in a speech at the Intrepid Museum yesterday, explaining that for those defending America "sometimes…

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
  23. NEW YORK (CNN) -- New York authorities indicted seven people accused of running a prostitution ring on the Web site Craigslist, the state's attorney general announced Wednesday. Attorney General Andrew Cuomo's office said the group ran a 24-hour prostitution ring called Room Service Entertainment from Craigslist's erotic services section from June 2007 to December 2008. The 47-count indictment unsealed Wednesday named the company's co-owners as Scott Rosenberg, 45, and Josef Davenport, 31. Five women also were named in the indictment, identified as bookers for the alleged prostitution ring. The five women named in the indictment were identified as Patricia Krupa, Joan…

  24. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    Jon Stewart shows in his own way how pointless it is to argue with those for whom gayness is the breaker of all deals. Some few who may not have seen the skit: http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jh...Dan-Choi-is-Gay That link should theoretically take you directly to the Dan Choi clip. If it just takes you to the general video page, look for the title. For the moment it's fourth down.

  25. Started by AdamSmith,

    ...time to become Quakers? Ten important kisses in history By Maggie Koerth-Baker Mental Floss Pucker up as we explore 10 smooches that changed religion, art, culture, and history. 1. The Kiss of Judas: A betrayal or just misunderstood? Nothing ends a good "bromance" quite like flagrant, murderous betrayal. A long time ago, a wandering preacher named Jesus was doing pretty well for himself -- building up a following and promoting religious teachings -- until one of his buddies sold him out to the authorities. In exchange for 30 pieces of silver, Judas Iscariot kissed Jesus on the cheek and, by doing so, identified him to Roman soldiers. Although Judas double-crosse…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.